Crazy Bots: New Breed City - Pre-season Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:28 am

damn, i should have entered my RA2 bots...

time for another pathetic run

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:29 am

More good ratings are always nice to see. :P

Hopefully I can live up to some of the better ones. Going by the rankings, Deathstalker looks to be my best bet, but considering my other robots are all solidly ranked but up and down some depending on who's doing the rankings (Dreadnought for Second Place in the HWs, I particularly like the look of!), but I think this could be my big chance to have my robots all positively-ranked for once.

Considering I've now won a Championship, I'll try to go for that predominantly, get as many of my machines into the Playoffs as I can, and maybe win another title as well. If I can do all that, that'd be cool.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:39 am

Another bunch of fair numbers for me, I'm considering thinking of re-designing a few machines to make them get better.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:47 pm

I'm not too worried about the bots you guys are ranking above Slammer. Also, I feel like Immolator's going to do slightly better than you all think. Maybe not a champion, but definitely better than 9th.

I'll do my predictions tomorrow.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:24 pm

OK, predictions time

Lightweight:

Champion: Deathstalker
Going with the crowd here, it looks incredibly solid and impervious to damage. Armor's a little low for my tastes but that's about it, should be a dominant force.

Runner-Up: Microwave
This thing's gonna be incredibly hard to damage, while dealing damage of its own. I can't see it losing very much.

Semi-Finalists: The Windmill and Kite
Windmill is absolutely vicious and should do well as always. Kite has improved massively from its last tournament, and with the added anti-spinner scoop and wider stance I think it'll hold up well against the spinners.

Quarter Finalists: SNK and Spike
SNK is a powerful spinner with some pushability, only worries is how it'll stand up to other spinners. Spike's 15 weapon power speaks volumes, I'm just worried about how unwieldy those hammers look, and if it'll pinball very much...

Dark Horse: Turbine
It looks sleek and effective, but those exposed corners mean it'll probably lose to most of the spinners in the class. Still, I can see it winning a few matches at least.

Middleweight:

Champion: Merry Hampton BR
I really don't think Lian will have many problems winning the MW class, the MW class is kind of lacking this time around. It's still as strong and pushy as ever.

Runner-Up: Marauder
I think Alex's MW will do very well, it's improved hundredfold from its last competition and it has enough torque to push with the best of them. I don't think it'll have many issues with spinners either.

Semi-finalists: Revolutions Per Minute and Automaton
RPM won last time and its improvements make me think it'll be on the road to doing it again, my only fears is the large number of heavy-armored bricks this time around. Automaton has tons of armor and a low enough wedge to really do some work in this MW class. Its torque seems a little low though.

Quarter finalists: Clown Breath and March or Die
Clown Breath is gonna take some advice from its brother Influenza and really deal some damage this tournament. I think Playzooki's finally got March or Die dialed in enough to be strong with it, and with its big flipper on the front and rear it won't have any issues with wedging.

Dark Horse: Immolator
I think you all are underestimating this guy, but we'll see...

Heavyweights:
Champion: Thunder Ball: Charged
It might seem a little narcissistic of me to put my own bot here, but I feel incredibly confident with it. Its got enough armor to deal with spinners and enough wedge to deal with other bricks.

Runner-up: Seras
I think it's going to do a lot better than everyone thinks. That wedge is incredibly low, and it's going to be the death of spinners and unprotected wedges alike.

Semi-Finalists: Redemption Denied and Pursuit
RD looks fantastic and is in my opinion powerful enough to get here. Pursuit is as low and bricky as it was last time, but I think it'll be outperformed by others.

Quarter-Finalists: Terror-Dactyl and Station to Station
TBR has a very good bot here, and with the number of bricks with big, flat tops it could really do some good damage. TBR's also proving himself to be a decent RP'er. Station to Station did fairly well in RoS and brick multibots always seem to do fairly well. It might not win, but I think it'll make the quarters at least.

Dark Horse: Adjudicator
New bot by Alex MW, the only one in his team. Low-powered drums don't seem to do well in HW (just remember Intimidator and Heart of Darkness) but I think with Alex's skill and its backup wedge it'll do fairly well.

Super Heavyweight:
Champion: Industrial Bastardization
Yes Kody I do think you'll win SHW. It's fast, it's well armored and I think it'll beat MDU.

Runner-Up: Phantasmic Slammer
Yep it's me again. I'm hungry for that title, dammit! I just don't think I can beat IB.

Semi-Finalists: Murder Death Unit: Genocide and Parabolic Trajectory
Nick's got a strong bot here, only issue is one flip can take it out and there's a lot of fucking flippers in this weight class. Case in point, Alex's. Parabolic Trajectory won last season and I think it'll be strong enough to make it here.

Quarter-Finalists: Lethal Injection and Barracuda
LI is a pretty good bot, just the bots ahead it are better. Barracuda's probably gonna do pretty well too, it's got the low wedge to do it with. Doubt the hammer will do much though.

Dark Horse: Corrupted Politician 3
Another bot that I think Playzooki's finally got dialed in enough to do well. We'll see how it does against the 4WD flippers though...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:59 pm

It's a good time to be in Ice Cubed Robotics at the moment. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 24 2014, 06:59 PM</dd></dl><div>It's a good time to be in Ice Cubed Robotics at the moment. :cool: [/quote]Youre the only one in it&#33; :P

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:09 pm

If you aren't in Team Iced Cubed Robotics, you're gonna to have a bad time&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 25 2014, 01:07 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 24 2014, 06:59 PM</dd></dl><div>It's a good time to be in Ice Cubed Robotics at the moment. :cool: [/quote]Youre the only one in it&#33; :P[/quote] :P

In which case, I might consider starting an Ice Cubed Robotics Fan Club. Get some team t-shirts and a monthly newsletter printed, and maybe some other goodies as well. If I'm feeling particularly ambitious, perhaps I'll get some Pullbacks made as well. :proud:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 25 2014, 01:30 PM</dd></dl><div>a monthly newsletter printed[/quote]-Insider source dishes out on which Iced Cubed robot won't be featuring a flag decal next season&#33;

-Black is the new black&#33; Why color is overrated&#33;

-Bo Dallas's inspirational words for the returning Marauder&#33;

-Free cut-out of Phantasmic Slammer for you to tack up to your dartboard&#33;

-Contest to have your picture taken with first ever team championship trophy&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 25 2014, 01:48 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 25 2014, 01:30 PM</dd></dl><div>a monthly newsletter printed[/quote]-Insider source dishes out on which Iced Cubed robot won't be featuring a flag decal next season&#33;

-Black is the new black&#33; Why color is overrated&#33;

-Bo Dallas's inspirational words for the returning Marauder&#33;

-Free cut-out of Phantasmic Slammer for you to tack up to your dartboard&#33;

-Contest to have your picture taken with first ever team championship trophy&#33;[/quote]I must admit, I did laugh a lot more than I probably should have at this. :D
ICE³ ROBOTICS