Crazy Bots: New Breed City - Pre-season Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Don't take these to heart. These predictions are just how I feel and nobody else (yet).

Lightweights

1. Deathstalker - I love thwackbots - even more when they're done right. He should breeze through just about everything. Windmill is probably his biggest obstacle.
2. The Windmill - Yeah, there isn't much that can stand up the Dutch motherfucker. Deathstalker has a shit-ton of speed though and at least decent armour, so that match will prove difficult.
3. SNK - He's actually really not that bad. A spinner with some pushability. Very nice.
4. Microwave - I dunno, I think the weapon split nerfs his spinner quite a bit. But he should hang in there.
5. Spike - Oh my god the weapon power. Oh my god the low speed... oh my god those hammers look unwieldy... but sexy nonetheless.
6. Kite - Lots of armour and some flippability. The problem? He can't push worth a damn. But he's fast, right? Right?!?
7. Zadkiel - Not bad but he actually seems weaker than last tournament. I can't put my finger on why. Maybe it's the opposition.
8. Lava Spire Daredevil Run - That name man. Err... Actually he's pretty nice but a lot of the other robots seem to outdo him.
9. Scatterbrain - NO NICK, I WILL NEVER PUT HIM LAST. MUHUHAHAHAHA *cough* Wait, what was I doing? Oh yeah. He's not THAT bad, just mostly ineffective.
10. Mr. Not Very Nice 3 - ...is that seriously a thwack? It's going to be very ineffective. He'll be very decent if he just doesn't try thwacking... ugh.
11. Turbine - It's incredibly decent for a first attempt, but at the same time shows many beginner flaws that other will take advantage of... sorry man.
12. Stabby Joe - Uhm... I'm putting it at the bottom simply because I have no fucking clue how well it's going to do... but 3 armour speaks volumes...

Middleweights

1. Merry Hampton BR - Goddamn it, he's back. Bullshit.
2. Revolutions Per Minute - Goddamn it, HE'S back too. Shitfuck.
3. Marauder - He's actually very very good this time around and only the above robots can hold a large candle to him.
4. Automaton - Fucking wedges, how do they work?
5. Clown Breath - Eat it, Spatula! :P Clown Breath gonna roll ova j00!
6. Pterodactyl - An odd flipper hampered slightly by speed/traction disparity and narrow ends.
7. March or Die 3 - Always a contender, but never quite a winner. :(
8. Perseus - Decently armour and powerful weapon... but not quite fast enough.
9. Immolator - Just because it's inspired by a champion doesn't immediately make it one. :P As such, that poor control and traction is going to harm him a lot.
10. WarWolf - Putting him here because we have no idea how many wheels he has and we need to now guess how good he is at getting under things.
11. Sneak Beast - Another nice effort but his wedge is way too steep to get under anything. Live and learn.
12. Bad Idea! - umm...

Heavyweights

1. Redemption Denied - Uhm... holy shit. Why do I love this thing so much?
2. Thunder Ball: Charged - It's a very low rammer. Nuff said.
3. Pursuit - It's another low rammer, ThunderBall beats it in wedginess though. Do you accept the challenge, Nick?
4. Seras - Untested concept but should do well with the low wedge and incredible torque.
5. Dreadnought - He's pretty solid but there are more solid bots above.
6. Adjudicator - Original Sin with a drum. We'll see how he does, but he's looking pretty decent.
7. Mr. Death - He's BORING AS FUCK. :v: But that doesn't make him ineffective.
8. Terror-Dactyl - He actually has a decent chance as long as he can avoid getting flipped.
9. Hammerfell - He has a low lifter, blargh. Axe won't do damage worth beans though.
10. Station to Station - Probably the best stats you could give to a clusterbot nowadays, but it won't save him.
11. Spinny Death Hammer...er - Has the exact same stats War Bastard had in FRR5. But there are too many bricks here to really let him reign supreme around here.
12. Golden Blaze - Ugh. Mystic, you should have just kept the stats the same. =/.

Superheavyweights

1. Murder Death Unit - Go to hell.
2. Industrial Bastardization - Always a bride's mate, never a bride.
3. Corrupted Politician 3 - Generic flipper, will be a threat.
4. Parabolic Trajectory - Non-generic flipper, like it more than CP3 but for some reason I see it doing worse.
5. Phantasmic Slammer - Not fond of the flipper teeth but he's never looked more powerful. Considering the place I've booked him, not really that great...
6. Fulcrum - 4-bars ftw!
7. Lethal Injection - tbh, he really deserves higher than this but the SHW class looks to be the most competitive so he has to make due with 7th.
8. Barracuda - Spatch's SHW goes to 4WD. Too many bricks in the segment though for Spatch to really do much damage to, and average speed don't help.
9. F-Dynasty - He honestly doesn't need all that armour, maybe an armour bonus to the puncher would have been better. All the other bricks are going to murder him.
10. Chemical Reaction - He is actually a very decent vertical spinner and Viluy would have had company if I'd entered her, but just... too many flippers here.
11. DeathBOX - Yes, it's bad. But it's still going to beat Pathos. Why? Well...
12. Pathos - That flipper is incredibly ineffective and the axe will nothing to him.

----

Now go out and prove me wrong! :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:09 pm

Fair predictions me thinks :), for a debutant like me I'm bound to learn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Fair predictions me thinks :), for a debutant like me I'm bound to learn [/quote]Yeah don't worry about it, most newbies get off to a rocky start and, besides, my predictions are never truly spot on.

On the flipside, Terror-Dactyl could be pretty good and is probably your best chance.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:16 pm

I must say I'm liking those chances, particularly with regards to Marauder and Deathstalker. With any luck, I could be onto some winners, here. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:10 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:09 PM</dd></dl><div>Fair predictions me thinks :), for a debutant like me I'm bound to learn [/quote]Yeah don't worry about it, most newbies get off to a rocky start and, besides, my predictions are never truly spot on.

On the flipside, Terror-Dactyl could be pretty good and is probably your best chance.[/quote]Fingers crossed Terror Dactyl to do well in it's debut. The middleweight is by far the worst one I have ever come up with.

Turbine is my second best whilst Chemical Reaction for me is 3rd in my team... I might upgrade three in the future and retire one of them.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm

yes&#33; finally&#33; im average&#33;

:v:

btw nvn 3 is just nvn 2 with a wedge, wheelguards, a spiked hammerhead and a longer thwack arm :dirk:
Last edited by playzooki on Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:20 PM</dd></dl><div>yes&#33; finally&#33; im average&#33;

btw nvn 3 is just nvn 2 with a wedge, wheelguards, a spiked hammerhead and a longer thwack arm :dirk: [/quote]At least you put a wedge on it. :o

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:24 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:20 PM</dd></dl><div>yes&#33; finally&#33; im average&#33;

btw nvn 3 is just nvn 2 with a wedge, wheelguards, a spiked hammerhead and a longer thwack arm :dirk: [/quote]At least you put a wedge on it. :o [/quote]only because gf and spatch told me to :P

jameschaos

Post by jameschaos » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 pm

hmmm last, last, second last, second last. well I can't say I'm surprised, good picks.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Jun 22 2014, 02:25 PM</dd></dl><div>only because gf and spatch told me to :P[/quote]Well, at least it appears to have been put back together quite nicely since it met Tornedron. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:29 pm

My predictions so far- I'll update them accordingly.

Lightweight
Champion- Windmill. Of all the LW Spinners here today, I'd say the old guard looks like the most robust and powerful of them. I'll be very surprised if it doesn't at least make the Playoffs.

Runner Up- Microwave. Another very solid-looking Spinner design, here. The weapon split affects his power a bit, but he's got a very good wedge and a potential back-up in case the Spinner goes out, so I can see him doing very well, here.

Finalists- Kite and SNK. Kite's pretty quick and has the strength and flipping power behind it to tank a lot of the designs here, but I think the aforementioned two will just be too strong for it. SNK's good too, I can see him doing reasonably well, but its big wheels and thin wheelguards could prove to be its downfall against stronger opponents.

Dark Horse- Turbine. For a first-time entrant, I do quite like this one a lot. Although the flat sides will most likely prove problematic for it when it comes against the Spinners, I can see it doing quite well against the others.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:04 am

Slammer's a little low IMO... Then again Kody ranked all my bots pretty well for FRR and look how that turned out :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jun 23 2014, 12:04 AM</dd></dl><div>Slammer's a little low IMO... Then again Kody ranked all my bots pretty well for FRR and look how that turned out :v:[/quote]Want to swap, then? XD

EDIT: I must say though, I'm somewhat surprised by Lethal Injection being ranked as low as it is here, considering how it did last time.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:11 am

<big>Josh's STONE&#33; COLD&#33; LEAD&#33; PIPE&#33; LOCKS&#33;</big>

LW:

What I like about LW this season is that it feels like a wide-open class that just about anyone could probably win. We have a healthy crop of spinners and some non-vanilla rammers.

1. Deathstalker
-This could be a good example of right place, right time as Alex is going with a proven design type and he's got some pretty nice stats. A bit more armor may have been nice with all the spinners, but I think he'll still be just fine.

2. Kite
-Yeah, what are you going to do about it Kody? :P A solid flipper arm and armor to spare for the spinners. He's going to be a very tough customer to deal with.

3. Windmill
-Very well may be the most distinguished in the LW spinner crowd and certainly the one with the most previous success. He packs a hell of a punch, that's for sure.

4. Microwave
-Well I'm not really sold on the lifter concept, but I guess we'll see. He's kind of basic as spinners go otherwise, but sometimes keeping things simple is what you need to do.

5. Spike
-He feels pretty boom or bust. He packs the biggest punch in LW, but he's also on the slow side (even by spinner standards). He should still be able to deal out some hurt along the way though.

6. SNK
-A cool design from Badnik, though I'm not thrilled with the speed/traction ratio. Still other bots have made it work so maybe he can too.

7. Zadkiel
-Starting to notice the spinner logjam aren't we? Zadkiel is a solid spinner no doubt, but he seems a bit bulky for the LW class. I just don't see the rear wedge helping too much.

8. Scatterbrain
-I guess I'll give Nick points for trying here, but it's tough to make those Y-drive thwacks work. At least he's got good enough armor to take a punch.

9. Turbine
-He's a pretty basic flipper design, but has fairly decent statting, but his boxy shape leaves him overly vulnerable to the spinners and better wedges.

10. Mr. Not Very Nice
-Ideally he'd be better than this ranking but that thwack arm isn't going to be worth spit with that hammer head (or lack there of). He still has the wedge, but that's really not going to be enough.

11. Lava Spire Daredevil Run
-There's a reference here I'm not getting I'm sure. He's probably better than this ranking, but his weapon set-up confuses the hell out of me. :headache:

12. Stabby Joe
-Probably not much good luck in your future with only 3 armor amigo and the wedges will have a field day too.

MW:

Doesn't seem quite as wide-open as LW, but there doesn't seem to be as many "high confidence" bots here either. Or maybe I'm just stupid (that's probably most likely).

1. Merry Hampton
-Eh fuck you Lian. :v:

2. Revolutions Per Minute
-I'd feel pretty good about him winning it all if he didn't have Merry Hampton to deal with. He should tear through everyone else pretty well though.

3. March or Die
-MoD has steadily become a top level MW competitor, it's just a shame for him that the previous two are also entered this season.

4. Pterodactyl
-He's got a bit of an unusual shape, but I'm pretty sure that's a good thing. Normally I'd like to see the flipper arm be a bit wider, but I think it'll still work.

5. Marauder
-He should be much better than last time, but ultimately I don't know if he'll be able to keep pace with all the above bots.

6. Clown Breath
-Well here we go again. Fortunately there shouldn't be any issues with writers not knowing how he works this time. Still he has to beware of the flippers here.

7. Perseus
-A pretty lethal looking hammer, but he's looks a bit to slow to really get enough use out of it.

8. Automaton
-He's pretty much a more "meh" version of MoD with tougher armor. A couple of those points would probably have been better served elsewhere.

9. Immolator
-Yay, vertical spinners&#33; That speed/traction ratio is really worrying though.

10. Sneak Beast
-An interesting idea, but the rear disc is probably a waste with the weapon power being what it is. He also may be a bit too boxy as well.

11. WarWolf
-He might be a bit better off than his predecessor was, but probably not by much.

12. Bad Idea
-As Dancing Headless demonstrated in No Mercy having a limited range/direction weapon with only 3 speed is the real bad idea&#33;

HW:

Armor bonuses everywhere, but virtually no spinners in sight&#33; Very interesting, but on the other hand also likely very dull.

1. Redemption Denied
-Normally I'd try to avoid ranking myself at the top, but RD looks pretty good here. He should be able to shake off bad memories of the old couch flipper at the very least&#33;

2. Dreadnought
-He's been a very dependable HW flipper for a little while now and there isn't much in the way of spinners to give him any grief.

3. Station to Station
-Multi's have always been pretty much boom or bust, but I have a good feeling about Nick's entry making some noise. The stats look really nice overall.

4. Seras
-She's a pretty cool concept and that torque-clamp could give her an edge over the other rammers if it works as well as I think it can.

5. Thunderball
-He'd be a real best if there were a high number of spinners around, but he should still do just fine regardless.

6. Pursuit
-He slips just below Thunderball since he doesn't have quite as much auxiliary wedging, but I doubt it'll really be that much of a difference anyway.

7. Mr. Death
-More basic wedge/rammer action. Remember that logjam of spinners in LW, that's pretty much what we've got going here with rammers in HW.

8. Terror-Dactyl
-I'm taking a bit of a flyer on him (inasmuch as you can call the 8th ranking taking a flyer), but I like the concept and he looks pretty cool.

9. Hammerfall
-There's a lot of competition with too strong of armor for that hammer to really make as much of an impact as Lian would like.

10. Adjudicator
-This really isn't a bad bot at all, but I just don't see that drum being as effective as Alex would like. Too many quick wedges that should be able to avoid it pretty well.

11. Golden Blaze
-He's the only spinner of consequence here, but he doesn't pack enough of a punch to take out any of the rammers.

12. Spinney Death Hammer...er
-Extremely high weapon clearance, completely non-invertible with no way to self right. Yikes man.

SHW:

On paper this looks basically like a two bot race and that's it. But we've thought similar things before and stranger things have happened. Remember everyone: Only YOU can prevent Nick and Kody from being fucking dicks&#33; :proud:

1. Murder Death Unit
-What happened to you Nick? You used to be cool. :qq:

2. Industrial Bastardization
-No Final Boss to give him grief this time. He might be able to topple MDU, and he'll be near-impossible for anyone else to deal with.

3. Parabolic Trajectory
-In just about any other set of circumstances he'd be a championship favorite. He's still going to do great though.

4. Barracuda
-Can't go wrong with that high powered hammer and lifter combo. Control might be a slight issue, but he should be fine.

5. Lethal Injection
-A good bot but he's got to deal with some really tough competition. He's got some nice versatility to work with though.

6. Phantasmic Slammer
-Like Zombie Killer back in the ARC tournament days, this guy just won't go away. I wouldn't expect him to be able to finally grab that championship with THIS SHW class though.

7. Fulcrum
-He probably over-performed in FRR, but should still be competitive here.

8. Corrupted Politician 3
-He's undergone a dramatic makeover, but I don't know how much it'll help him.

9. F-Dynasty
-Sorry Lian, but I'm not really buying into the design. Especially not with the stats the way they are.

10. Chemical Reaction
-A pretty cool vert spinner, but this just isn't a good season for him to be in this weight class.

11. Death Box
-It's hard for me to see him doing much useful except eat some spinner hits. Wedges/flippers will have a field day.

12. Pathos
-Erm... no. Thing's don't look good here.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jun 23 2014, 10:11 AM</dd></dl><div><big>Josh's STONE&#33; COLD&#33; LEAD&#33; PIPE&#33; LOCKS&#33;</big>

LW:

2. Kite
-Yeah, what are you going to do about it Kody? :P A solid flipper arm and armor to spare for the spinners. He's going to be a very tough customer to deal with.[/quote]Yeah, good joke. :P