LoRE 2: The Other Electric Boogaloo - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 26 2015, 01:38 PM</dd></dl><div>What we could do is change the self-KO rule from a set number of points to a proportional rule. Say, if your weapon armour is less than 50% of your Weapon power, then you run the risk of a self-inflicted knockout. At the moment, it's diminishing returns with how much you invest in Weapon (and thus Armour), which we obviously need to do with the incredibly high Armour stats you see on some of the brickiest of brick rammers.[/quote]I like this idea

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 26 2015, 01:32 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 26 2015, 12:24 PM</dd></dl><div>I think maybe we need a hard-lined rule, maybe along the lines of "armour cannot be over [X] value, including armour bonuses".[/quote]I disagree, then spinners would all use the same weapon power and basically the same stats, which imo would be pretty boring.[/quote]Implying spinner stats are pretty uniform right now? :P
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Aug 26 2015, 01:32 PM</dd></dl><div>I disagree, then spinners would all use the same weapon power and basically the same stats, which imo would be pretty boring.[/quote]Because the usual stat spread for spinners doesn't currently include 6 armour and 14 weapon right now? Most spinners already do that, dude.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 26 2015, 01:38 PM</dd></dl><div>What we could do is change the self-KO rule from a set number of points to a proportional rule. Say, if your weapon armour is less than 50% of your Weapon power, then you run the risk of a self-inflicted knockout. At the moment, it's diminishing returns with how much you invest in Weapon (and thus Armour), which we obviously need to do with the incredibly high Armour stats you see on some of the brickiest of brick rammers.[/quote]I'm not sure I agree with this. We had something like this rule before and people didn't seem to like it.

It's weird though. We can't adjust the damage scale because that just makes things worse. For instance, if we shifted the number of points on the damage scale that a spinner needed to damage and/or OHKO another robot down even one point, then that would make spinners go from barely viable to overpowered in seconds. 14-powered spinners would decimate almost anything.

It's a hard thing to solve.

BEES

Post by BEES » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 25 2015, 10:00 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 22 2015, 08:15 PM</dd></dl><div>I'll admit that match against Latvian Gambit was a lot closer than I thought. Great to see the LW fights going the way that they did, though, should make for a hell of a good final. Looking forward to seeing who all comes out on top.

okay i will play your little game siphai :v:[/quote]I love that this post still applies now the results are actually up.

Very, very good match between myself and Martijn over the Middleweight final spot, Latvian Gambit's obviously a tricky design for DC to fight in its current guise. There's a pretty good spread of entrants over the four weight classes, so it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top. Although of the eight finalists, five of them are lifters. One pure rammer, one thwacking wedge and one hammerbot make up the rest. Looks like that could be the way to go in future.[/quote]Not being named Nick appears to be another effective strategy.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:19 pm

I'll get my RPs in early tomorrow, sorry guys.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:08 pm

too late you lose :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:28 pm

lmao
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:10 pm

but seriously where are all the rps

get on it people
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:49 pm

this is early

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Aug 30 2015, 10:10 PM</dd></dl><div>but seriously where are all the rps

get on it people[/quote]actually i thought klarinette was yours for like the whole weekend and was going "oh i dont have to worry, if badnik hasnt rp'd yet its fine"

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:58 pm

Holy shit, two sets of Finals on one night.

This must be a golden night.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:26 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 21 2015, 09:58 PM</dd></dl><div>Holy shit, two sets of Finals on one night.

This must be a golden night.[/quote]golden shower

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:38 pm

well piss

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:10 am

Glad to see this finish. I liked the fights, I liked winning MW with a slightly experimental design.

What I do like less though is that I remember that some months ago I put a lot of work in finding the original CAD files of my bots that were stored on different computers, to hand those over before the tournament's deadline, because they were somehow part of the entry procedure because they were gonna be used in these "battleshots", to then later see absolutely none of my robots ever appeared in any battleshot ever. Pity to see that work was for nothing.