The Real Robot Rumble

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:05 am

hmm

Go for Mortis first and try to flip them OOTA. I don't think their tanto blade would do much to my armor so they should be fairly harmless. After flipping Mortis around/OOTA, open the pit and try to get Son of Whyachi down it (wait for them to stop spinning first). From there go around and keep flipping the other robots, keep robots away from my sides, but go after SMIDSY last. Once it comes down to me and SMIDSY go for the walls and toss him OOTA. Avoid getting shoved around but be aggressive, keep moving and try to conserve Co2 so I can still toss things OOTA until the very end. If there's more than one robot left at the end try to be the most aggressive so I can win a judge's decision.

Good luck everyone!
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

StevenMcG

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by StevenMcG » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm

I've just realised that I didn't include which House Bots would be in this fight. I shall serve my fifty lashes after the battle.

Ah yes. I actually have battles to write, don't I? Very well. Let us begin. :cool:

-------------------------------------------------

THE REAL ROBOT RUMBLE
ELIMINATOR 1
HEXADECIMATOR Vs MORTIS Vs S.M.I.D.S.Y. Vs SON OF WHYACHI Vs TORNADO Vs WARHEAD

FROM REDMOND, IN WASHINGTON, HEXADECIMATOR!
GUEST DRIVER: Dylan McCarthy
This bulky box-wedge had one of the best flippers in Battlebots, a pneumatic arm capable of subtracting any robot from the arena with ease! The titanium armour has stood up well to spinners in the past - except Son of Whyachi - and the electric motors make it quick as a calculator, but it's not always the most manoeuvrable and if the arm runs out of flips mid-fight, Hexadecimator + inversion = doom.

FROM NOTTINGHAM & CAMBRIDGE, MORTIS!
GUEST DRIVER: Alex Holt
This may be the oldest robot in the Rumble, but when it comes to combat, Mortis is as 'rigorous' as ever. Its kevlar shell is nigh-on impenetrable, its Japanese tanto blade and electric lifting arm make a mean combo and with the caterpillar tracks provided extra traction, it's practically a tank! It's also rather unreliable and nearly 20kg lighter than the rest of the pack. Can Mortis keep a 'stiff' upper lip or will this fight be the death of it?

FROM CRAWLEY, IN WEST SUSSEX, S.M.I.D.S.Y!
GUEST DRIVER: Kody Kunz
Stands for "Sorry Mate I Didn't See You!", but there's really no missing this sleek machine in the first place. S.M.I.D.S.Y. is instantly recognisable with its lifting plate at the front, its spinning disc at the rear and its lovely black and orange body paint all over. It has good armour, good traction and an invertible frame, but the lifter isn't terribly effective when upside-down and a good axe-head on those exposed tyres could mean T.T.F.N. for S.M.I.D.S.Y. O.M.G!

FROM DORCHESTER, IN WISCONSIN, SON OF WHYACHI!
GUEST DRIVER: playzooki
A Heavyweight so good they had to ban it! This carnivorous cage spinner has shuffling pads to get around the arena and used its weight bonus to become one of the most fearsome Battlebots champions ever. The cage is both heavy and fast and the bots itself is nimble for a walker, but it's still a touch cumbersome and if a particularly fearless flipper does get past the hammers, it can't self-right. Will Whyachi spin to win or will the Son set on its hopes of victory?

FROM SAWTRY, IN CAMBRIDGESHIRE, TORNADO!
GUEST DRIVER: Andrew Jackson
Blow me down! The former Robot Wars champ is back to raise a gale with its array of interchangeable weaponry, ranging from drums and bar spinners to wedges and lifters. The real weapon, however, is its tremendous pushing power and high acceleration. Tornado is a fast and furious opponent and completely invertible to boot, but this does leave the wheels open to overhead attacks and its polycarb' armour is no storm shelter either. Can Tornado weather the hurricane or will it be dust in the wind?
For this fight, Tornado will be using the classic spinning drum.

FROM BOURNEMOUTH, IN DORSET, WARHEAD!
GUEST DRIVER: Josh Noel
From the brains of Team Razer comes a robot they really hope won't bomb - an elegant, compact machine with an angled spinning dome, two self-righting wings and a fully actuated tail for good measure. It's beautiful, to be sure, and the spinner can produce some truly explosive results (as Nightmare and the Matador will attest), but it does lack pushing power and twitchy controls could see Warhead's plans blow up in its face!

HOUSE ROBOTS: Dead Metal & Sir Killalot

Roboteers, stand by...
ACTIVATE!

And it seems Son of Whyachi is already starting to spin up as Mortis, S.M.I.D.S.Y, Tornado and Hexadecimator all meet for a nice little pile-up in the arena centre. Hexy D makes a beeline for Mortis, but Alex is only happy to oblige him, landing a couple of glancing blows with the electric axe. The two scuttle around each other for a moment, while S.M.I.D.S.Y. and Tornado engage in a little shoving match. Sadly for Kody, Tornado has the upper hand in the pushing department and easily sends S.M.I.D.S.Y. into the nearest wall.
Speaking of "I didn't see you", what's happened to Warhead in all of this?
CRRRASH!
Oh, there we go! Josh has intervened in the Hexy-Mortis duel by smacking Hexadecimator on the side. Dylan quickly recovers from the blow, however, while Warhead spins away and takes a ram from Mortis before it can do likewise. Not wanting to waste his advantage, Alex pushes Warhead down the arena and even manages to lift it up briefly as they hit the Pit Release Button. Fortunately for Warhead, the wings keep it upright and it bounces back onto its wheels, only to take another shunt from the combined forces of Mortis, Hexadecimator...
CRRRASH!
And Son of Whyachi, it seems! About time you showed up. Yes, Playzooki has officially joined the fray and hit just about all three bots in some way, shape or form, it seems. Mortis and Warhead have held up well, though Hexadecimator is looking a little dented. Neither Hexy D nor Mortis seem deterred, however, as they both dive straight back into Son of Whyachi's hammers...
CRRRASH!
Mortis takes the brunt this time, though the insanely thick armour is still holding up. The cage now suitably slowed, Hexadecimator tries to wriggle underneath, taking a few more dents for good measure. The flipper does fire, but not hard enough to throw the shuffler over. Son of Whyachi is in more trouble now, though, as Warhead nips in for a nibble and Mortis attempts to push it to the nearest CPZ. Is the former Battlebots champ scuppered?
Eh, who cares? Rammer time!
After several shunts from Tornado, S.M.I.D.S.Y. manages to wriggle away and the duo's dance begins anew for a short while. S.M.I.D.S.Y. is swift and does manage to catch Tornado by the corners a couple of times, but Andy always manages to nip away before the lifting plate can catch it. Tornado stays on top of S.M.I.D.S.Y's assaults and, with one well-aimed ram to the side, manages to shove it right across the arena to join the others.
Son of Whyachi is still being dogpiled as the two invertibots arrive. Mortis is trying to lift the hefty walker, while Hexy D is trying to flip Mortis and Warhead - well, it's just flitting between all three landing blows wherever it can! S.M.I.D.S.Y. puts a stop to this when it gets shoved into the mess and leaves Tornado to tackle Warhead. Kody shoves the winged scorpion do-wotsit back into open space, while Tornado and Mortis help push Son of Whyachi into Dead Metal's open claws. The House Robot happily warps its claws around Whyachi's cage and even gets a quick nick in one of the hammer supports before the shuffler starts shuffling back.
FLIP!
And it seems Hexy D has already moved on to a new target! An attack from the side leaves Mortis on its back, but the lifting arm self-rights it just as Dylan starts shoving it across the floor. Mortis tries to strike back, but Tornado gets there first, slamming into the side of the fellow RW competitor. Tornado slams Mortis into the wall, before taking a flip from Hexy D itself. Andy is unaffected however and gives Hexadecimator a shove for its troubles too.
Speaking of troubles, Warhead is having a hard time keeping up with S.M.I.D.S.Y. Despite Josh's best efforts, he can't quite keep up with S.M.I.D.S.Y's pace and now Kody is starting to run rings round him. Warhead does get a passing blow in on S.M.I.D.S.Y, but Kody simply responds by diving under the elegant self-righting wings and dumping the Battlebot into the Pit! Boom goes the dynamite! Erm, I mean Warhead!
Kody has little time to celebrate, though, as Son of Whyachi has slipped Dead Metal's clutches and is already reaching a frightening speed. S.M.I.D.S.Y. runs off to join the rest of the troupe, who are having a flipping good time near the top of the arena. Well, Hexy D is, anyway. Tornado has taken at least two more flips and now it's Mortis' turn to be inverted. S.M.I.D.S.Y. shows up just as Alex self-rights and dives straight back under Mortis, slamming it into the northern wall. As the lifting plate starts tipping Mortis up, Tornado finally outmanoeuvres Hexy D and pushes the Battlebot further down the warzone...
CRRRASH!
Straight into Son of Whyachi!
Now Hexadecimator is truly looking the worse for wear. The side panelling is bashed and buckled and it doesn't seem as quick as it used to be. It's not dead yet, however, and scurries back up the arena to help S.M.I.D.S.Y, who is now playfully propping Mortis up against the wall. Hexy D shoves S.M.I..D.S.Y. aside, letting Alex self-right with the lifting arm - only to be flipped again by Hexadecimator! S.M.I.D.S.Y. seizes the opportunity and shoves the inverted Mortis into the waiting arms of Sir Killalot! Mortis self-rights, but not quickly enough to stop the House Robot grabbing the lifter and hoisting it into the air! Killalot cheekily attempts to remove Mortis from the ring altogether, but Alex's thrashing of the axe forces Sir K to let him go.
As Mortis escapes the CPZ, Hexy D ploughs under S.M.I.D.S.Y. and attempts to feed Kody to Killalot instead. S.M.I.D.S.Y. struggles, so Hexy D turns into the wall and flips - leaving S.M.I.D.S.Y. propped against the wall, jaws jutting off into space. Kody fiddle frantically with his controls and Refbot rolls into view, counter at the ready as Dylan decides to let sleeping bots lie...
1...2...3...4...5...6...7...8...9...10!
At least until the countdown's over.
FLIP!
S.M.I.D.S.Y. somersaults over the fence and out of the rumble! Sorry, Mate! Should've Seen That Coming!
Meanwhile, Son of Whyachi hasn't been very active since hammering Hexadecimator - that's because Tornado leapt in before it could spin up proper again and has been shunting the shuffler every which way it can! Now Tornado pushes it to the top of the warzone, where Mortis decides to join the fun. Hexy D follows shortly after, though much slower than before. Taking advantage, Tornado swaps dance partners and outmanouevres Hexy D to start slamming it against the western wall.
Mortis, instead, tries to tangle its lifter up in Whyachi's cage, but the Battlebot quickly gets free and starts to spin up. Mortis stays on its tail and takes a couple of less powerful blows as the cage tries to reach lethal speed. Which each blow, however, Whyachi knows it further away, letting the hammers get faster and faster.
They're certainly getting faster than Hexadecimator, anyway, because Dylan can't seem to get away from Tornado's relentless onslaught of blows. In fact, it can't seem to get anywhere at all anymore! Andy seems to realise this too and so Tornado finally backs off, allowing Refbot to take its place.
Three down, three to go and time is ticking down. Playzooki in particular seems anxious as Son of Whyachi starts sprinting towards its remaining foes, hammers a blur. Mortis tries to shove Tornado into the line of fire, but Tornado gets there first...
CRRRASH!
Mortis goes flying and Tornado goes straight for Whyachi, halting the slowed blades altogether! The Son is definitely a hefty horror, but the grip of those shuffling pads just can't top that of the former RW champ. Slowly but surely Tornado sends Whyachi back into Dead Metal's claws, just as a rather bruised and scuffed Mortis returns to reign down some hammer blows in their general direction. Tornado gets a couple of pangs in the polycarb' but Andy flees before anything worse can be inflicted. Playzooki tries to join him, but finds Son of Whyachi once again struggling to escape Dead Metal's saw blade.
Tornado returns to the arena centre, closely followed by Mortis. The two RW bots size each other up and it's Mortis who lands the first blow this time, clipping Tornado and nearly managing to tip it over. Andy quickly recovers, however, and starts nibbling at Mortis' sides with the spinning drum. Alex attempts to fight back, but it's hard to do when you're being shoved all over the shop. Andy does his best to aim for the Pit, but no such luck. Not yet anyway.
Speaking of bad luck, it looks as though Son of Whyachi is once again away from the CPZ and the hammers are already whirring like nobody's business. Spying another opportunity, Andy pushes Mortis in Whyachi's general direction...
CRRRASH!
And there he goes again! Mortis is damn near catapulted across the warzone on contact with the cage and Tornado is already galloping back in its general direction. Alex is finding it hard to brace himself, however, as Mortis' tracks don't seem to be terribly responsive. That last blow must have shaken the innards something fierce, as Tornado has little trouble avoiding the weapon synergy and slamming Mortis against the fence.
Tornado keeps this up until Son of Whyachi waddles back over to play some more. Andy deftly dodges the cage, but the now sluggish Mortis is less lucky.
CRRRASH!
Mortis bounces off the fence and spins like a top before ceasing movement altogether. Refbot drifts over to check for himself, but Playzooki decides to make it official.
CRRRASH!
Well, if Mortis wasn't dead before, it sure looks like it now. Alex can't get either track to respond; all he can do is raise the lifter and hammer the ground in frustration as Refbot begins the countdown...
And on that note...
Son of Whyachi turns its attention to Tornado, but Andy knows better than to try anything funny now.
Tornado easily outruns Whyachi and begins a (premature?) victory lap around the ring, while Playzooki shows off Whyachi's softshoe shuffle.

CEASE!

Well. That was an opening fight. :proud:

Four robots have bitten the dust, but two are still hungry for something a little sweeter. With both teams keen to taste victory, it's time to ask the Judge who gets the first table at the Grand Finale buffet.
It's teatime right now, OK? :P

SON OF WHYACHI
DAMAGE: 5 /5 (KO'd Mortis, wounded Hexy D and scuffed up several others. Brutal.)
AGGRESION: 3 / 5 (Often on the offensive, but just as often overpowered or outran)
STRATEGY: 3 / 5 (Did get to focus on Hexy D and Mortis, but couldn't avoid being slammed about)
CONTROL: 3 / 5 (Did well when given breathing space; less so in pile-ups and CPZs)
TOTAL = 14 / 20

TORNADO
DAMAGE: 4 / 5 (The drum did some nice slices 'n' dices, but the KO of Hexy D saves it here)
AGGRESSION: 5 / 5 (Constantly on everybody's case)
STRATEGY: 5 / 5 (Did well feeding other bots to Whyachi - and even better feeding Whyachi to everyone else!)
CONTROL: 4 / 5 (Steady throughout, save the odd flip and axe blow)
TOTAL = 18 / 20

It was a fun brawl, but it's Son of Whyachi who lets the family down!

TORNADO GOES THROUGH TO THE FINAL! :proud:

LATER ON:
ELIMINATOR 2
Breaker Box VS Granny's Revenge 2 VS The Mousetrap VS Pussycat VS Redrum VS Sump Thing
HOUSE ROBOTS: Growler & Shunt

No time limit for tactics as before. Just remember that the sooner you get them in, the sooner I can get started again!

Thank you. :)
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:10 pm

Poor SMIDSY. :(

Never mind, well done Tornado. :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:13 pm

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! :v:

Welp good fight everyone!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by playzooki » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:20 pm

:v:

Badnik96

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:23 pm

Aw mayyn. GG Andy.

I thought me and Kody had a deal about not attacking each other but okay, the OOTA's cool.
Team Ignition

NFX

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by NFX » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:28 pm

Sump Thing, excellent.

Avoid the more damaging machines, such as Pussycat and Redrum, in the early going. Perhaps fork my way underneath Mousetrap or Breaker Box, and push them around into the house robots, or the aforementioned Pussycat and Redrum. Axe stuff if I can, that'll look nice for the judges while causing some damage. Try not to get pushed around too much, and generally get myself involved with as many of the opponents as possible without being daft or overzealous. Push Granny's Revenge onto the flame pit. Take Pussycat and Redrum from behind. Shove things into other things. Act like an angry but tactical wasp at a German picnic.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by Mystic2000 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:09 pm

Go for Sump Thing, then take down Breaker Box, if it becomes dangerous, run and chase down Pussycat, then kill Mousetrap if it's not dead already and keep fighting till the end whoever managed to stay alive

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by GF93 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:52 pm

So that's my cue? Excellent. I've got a pretty decent lineup here, looks like Breaker Box and Redrum are going to be the main ones to watch out for- nothing good old Pussycat can't handle, though. :proud:

Strategy
What I hope to do is to fight a tactical but aggressive battle throughout. Early on, I shall focus on using my patented Pussycat blades (It's the Series 7 version, so I've got the two parallel ones.) to deal damage to the less effective machines (Sumpthing, Granny's Revenge and Mousetrap.) whilst keeping out of the way of the stronger ones (Breaker Box and Redrum.) for the time being. Focus on using my superior agility to be aggressive and unpredictable, attacking any weak spots such as the sides and weapon mechanisms and manoeuvring them towards hazards if I'm in a good enough position to do so.

When going for Breaker Box and Redrum, try not to take them head-on, especially in the case of the latter. Again, go for the sides and any other vulnerable spots, such as weapon mechanisms, but try to be more opportunistic and get them whilst they're distracted or otherwise unable to attack immediately. Redrum's turning in particular has to be very slow so it doesn't lift itself up gyroscopically- so when it tries to manoeuvre, that's the time to strike.
In terms of defence, keep constantly moving and unpredictable the whole time, keep my back particularly well-defended, and keep a good berth of the hazards if I'm not in a position to take opponents to them myself. My thick armour grants me good protection, but focus more on using my agility to avoid attacks and getting pushed rather than soaking them up. Good luck!
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by playzooki » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:55 am

Tactics:
do stuff. hit other robots. Dont die

Siphai

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by Siphai » Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:48 am

Pussycat: The scoop is good for collecting Pussycat into and dumping in the hazards, since she can't just drive off it like she would with a wedge. Plow and the rest of the armor should easily hold up to the blade.

Mousetrap: Has trouble selfrighting, so if I get the chance, come in with the lifter and flip.

Sumpthing: Invertible, but can't really use the thwack when upside down. Lots of exposed armor mean the hazards will really hurt him. Disc was fairly ineffective during Robot Wars, so I shouldn't be too worried.

Redrum: Has had trouble driving in every fight I've seen it, with the gyroscopic forcing making it extremely difficult for it to turn. Use my greater agility to get to the sides and to shove and flip.

Granny's Revenge: uhhh yeah, tip it over.

StevenMcG

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by StevenMcG » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:00 pm

A fight update in less than five months? Saints be praised! :o

THE REAL ROBOT RUMBLE
ELIMINATOR 2
BREAKER BOX Vs GRANNY'S REVENGE 2 Vs THE MOUSETRAP Vs PUSSYCAT Vs REDRUM Vs SUMP THING

FROM BRADENTON, IN FLORIDA, BREAKER BOX!
GUEST DRIVER: Alex MacWilliams
"Breaker one-nine, the parking lot is chock fulla GI Joes an' cattle wagons. Time to put the hammer down, signal-7 these turkeys an' get this place clean an' green, over."
And if you thought that CB slang was inpenetrable, Breaker Box here was specifically designed to withstand the best spinners in the business. It's powerful, invertible and wrapped up tight in thick titanium. The lifting, flipping scoop can get under almost anything, but it's not as useful upside-down and if anyone manages to break the dangerously exposed wheels, they may just break the box into the bargain!

FROM READING, GRANNY'S REVENGE 2!
GUEST DRIVER: Playzooki
Who says only young robots can kick bottom? Whoever they are, Granny's back on her moped and ready to teach all those young whippersnappers a lesson in pain! The old dear is armed with a horrible hatchet and with the modifications made to her scooter, she's not only surprisingly manoueverable for her age, but a lot faster than you'd think at first glance. She is also top-heavy, flammable, weak in her axe arm and nearly 40kg lighter than the rest of the pack. I'll put the care home on standby, love, just in case.

FROM OXFORD & BRISTOL, THE MOUSETRAP!
GUEST DRIVER: Martijn Benschop
An unlikely Heat winner in Robot Wars of old, the Mousetrap is hoping to snap up another victory here in the Rumble. It's your usual wedge, but with a most unusual weapon - an arcing guillotine blade powered by carbon dioxide, designed to slice and ensnare unwary robo-rodents. Combined with good pushing power, the titular trap is an effective device, but it's not powerful enough to for self-righting and with questionable armour - including wood - this Mousetrap should hope the rats don't bite back hard!

FROM REDDITCH, IN WORCESTERSHIRE, PUSSYCAT!
GUEST DRIVER: Alex Valentine
Now, from rats to cats and one of the most successful RW bots ever. The pyramid-like Pussycat more than lives up to its name, as its four big wheels allow it to run any way up it wants. Throw in high top speeds, excellent manoueverability and a custom saw blade able to tear even the great Razer to shreds and you've got a kitten who's very hard to declaw. Pussycat may look the cat's pyjamas now, but the wheels are exposed to the elements and one good flip with that high ground clearance could put the cat out for the night!

FROM MALDEN, IN MASSACHUSETTS, REDRUM!
GUEST DRIVER: Mystic2000
You don't need a mirror to see that Redrum has murder on its mind. The whole machine can be best described as a weapon with a robot at the back - specifically, a hefty vertical spinning drum in bright blood red with armoured sides and a defensive wedge at the rear. The spinner is fearsome, to be sure, and the invertible frame mean it can even run upside-down. This does leave the wheels open to overhead attacks, of course, and the robot can get pretty unstable when the drum reaches top speed. Will Redrum get Sllabeulb?

FROM LEICESTER, SUMP THING!
GUEST DRIVER: Nick Fisher
Sump-thing wicked this way comes...
Deliberately designed to be as low-tech as possible, Sump Thing is the epitome of grunge engineering. The bot itself may look like a scrapheap on wheels, but amongst that mess of metal lies a ramming wedge, a pair of ramming/lifting forks and a rather nasty-looking axe blade. Sump Thing is a speedy little shambles and the spherical wheels provide some very good handling, but they are easy targets for more powerful machine and with no reliable srimech, this could be a case of "Sump Thing for nothing!"

HOUSE ROBOTS: Growler & Shunt

Roboteers, stand by...
ACTIVATE!

Breaker Box and Pussycat are the first to leap into action; the Cat makes a beeline for Sump Thing, while the Box causes a head-on collision with Granny's Revenge! Granny stays upright but only just. In fact, she barely has time to pop her teeth back in when the Mousetrap tries to trundle under her scooter. Granny swerves violently away and turns to rejoin the fray...just as Redrum comes storming into view.
CRRRASH!
Granny's fallen, and she can't get up! The scooter isn't looking too good either, especially once Redrum comes in to slice away at the underbelly. Poor Granny's ride is becoming a wreck and Refbot's barely started the countdown yet!
Never mind, Granny, dear. Shunt will help you up...straight onto the Flame Pit, it seems. Oh dear. At least Granny won't have to worry about her heating bills this winter.
As Redrum lets the House Robot take over, Mr Mystic turns his attention to Sump Thing. It and Pussycat have been going at it like cats and junkyard dogs, trying to outmanoeuvre each other. Sump Thing is doing well to keep up with the kitty, but Pussycat's blade is proving too powerful to stop bits and pieces being chipped from its scrapheap of a shell.
CRRRASH!
At least it was until Redrum and Breaker Box roll into town! Redrum slaps one of Sump Thing's wheels, flicking almost the entire bot off the ground, while Breaker Box thunders into Pussycat and sends the former RW Finalist tumbling away from the fray. Alex V quickly rights the kitty, but not before the Mousetrap sneaks over and nearly snags the 'Cat completely with its guillotine.
Which is better for catching mice - pussycats or mousetraps? There's only one way to settle this...
FIIIIIIGHT!
CRRRASH!
Oh 'eck, forget that! Sump Thing is still being ganged up on by Redrum and Breaker Box, with the Box hitting the Thing at full pelt and smashing it into the southern wall with the force of a steam train! Sump Thing is naturally quite confused, but only manages a glancing blow with the axe before Breaker Box starts shoving it again, this time towards Growler's CPZ. The Hound of the House Robots opens its jaws wide as Sump Thing is cornered completely and bites down on one of the spherical wheels. Best get out of there soon, Nick. Growler eats bots like you for breakfast - literally!
Breaker Box isn't full, however, as it presses the Pit Release before rocketing back to the others for more. It finds Pussycat and Mousetrap still at each other's throats, but is intercepted by Redrum before it can join the fray.
CRRRASH!
The sparks fly - and so does Redrum for a moment - but Breaker Box stays strong and hammers the spinning machine into the nearest wall for good measure! Alex Mac enjoys it so much, in fact, that he decides to keep on doing it again and again. Unoriginal, maybe, but effective.
Meanwhile, Sump Thing has finally slithered out of Growler's grasp and hobbles somewhat back to the arena centre, where Pussycat and Mousetrap's duel continues. Pussycat has proven too nimble for Martijn to effectively catch and Alex V has already put some nasty cuts in the Mousetrap's sides. The arrival of Sump Thing changes things up a bit, though, as Nick catches the 'Cat side-on and shoves the RW All-Star up the Mousetrap's wedge. Marti snaps the 'trap and the 'Cat is caught! Alex V isn't going down without a fight, however. Pussycat wriggles and writhes under the guillotine and - is that splinters I see flying about? Maybe an office table wasn't the best protection for a 3500rpm saw blade, no?
Mousetrap dumps Pussycat into Shunt's CPZ, but he's still busy showing Granny a bad time (Did you know mobility scooters were made of biscuits and tinfoil? They are if you're a House Robot). In spite of Marti's best efforts, Pussycat tumbles out of the guillotine's grasp and runs away to nibble at Sump Thing's wheels for revenge. Marti joins them soon after, just before Shunt decides to take Mousetrap on instead.
CRRRASH!
And there goes Redrum into another wall. Alex Mac seems to know how nasty that drum is and isn't letting an opportunity to keep it stopped go to waste. Breaker Box smacks its fellow American against the fence until Mr Mystic spies an opening and darts out of the Box's way. Redrum rejoins the Brits, who appear to be in a total free-for-all in the middle of the warzone. Mousetrap is trying to grab Pussycat, Pussycat is slashing Sump Thing...
CRRRASH!
And Sump Thing is getting battered by Redrum again. A second, less powerful blow knocks the entire robot aside, as Breaker Box rockets over and 'breaks' up the whole melee (Har. Har.). Alex Mac spins around for another charge and manages to smack the slower Mousetrap across its wooden face. It would have gone for Sump Thing, but the living scrapheap barely appears to be moving at all. It looks as though all that damage has finally taken its toll.
Not about to let Redrum get another KO, Breaker Box slips speedily under Mousetrap's side and topples the 'Trap with one swift lift of the scoop! Marti tries to self-right, but the guillotine simply doesn't have the guile. Refbot analyses the situation as Breaker Box speeds off to rejoin the others. Sump Thing may have fallen first, but they're both getting the count-out now.
Aaaand Granny's just lost her head. Couldn't leave her alone, could you, Shunt? Young bulldozers today have no respect for their elders!
Speaking of youthful rebellion, it seems as though our angry young Americans are teaming up on the more experienced Brit! Redrum has already landing a couple of strong blows on Pussycat in the last few moments and now Breaker Box has slammed the RW Finalist right the way across the arena head-first into a wall! The 'Cat lands on its feet and dodges another ram, before turning its attention back to Redrum. Both are light on their wheels, but Redrum's unbalancing act gives Pussycat the upper paw. Alex V focuses his attention Redrum's sides and manages to carve a few good slices in with the saw; that is until Breaker Box arrives back on the scene.
CRRRASH!
Both bots get flung aside in the collision, but it's Pussycat that Alex Mac has his eyes set on now. Breaker Box clips the 'Cat as it scrambles to get out of the way and turns in time to force the feline face-first into the fence, just shy of the Pit Release! Pussycat is toppled onto its side and desperately tries to self-right, but Breaker Box is already back on its tail. Alex Mac pours on the power and, with one shove, sends Pussycat sliding into the Pit like an air hockey puck! So much for nine lives, eh?
Thus only the Americans remain. Redrum's barrel is already at top velocity as Breaker Box rockets over, but once again Mr Mystic is finding it hard to outmanoeuvre his foe. Breaker Box slides under Redrum's side and slams the spinner into the southwest CPZ! Mr Mystic gasps as Redrum bounces away. He seemed convinced he was going straight over the fence!
Alex Mac, though, apparently has other plans. Redrum is barely out of the CPZ when Breaker Box is back on its, well, back and shoves it into the Pit Release. You know, pressing the Button again won't make the Pit go any deeper, Mr MacWilliams. Alex doesn't seem to need it anyway - a couple of fancy twirls, a gentle tip of the scoop, one particularly powerful ram and Redrum is down the hole right alongside Pussycat! Do you know what "nwod dna tuo" is backwards, boys and girls?

CEASE!

BREAKER BOX GOES THROUGH TO THE FINAL! :proud:

LATER ON:
ELIMINATOR 3
Biohazard Vs Firestorm 5 Vs Fluffy Vs Panic Attack 24K Vs Tough as Nails Vs Vlad the Impaler II
HOUSE ROBOTS: Matilda & Sgt. Bash

As usual, tactics in just whenever you can. Apologies if some of them weren't followed too accurately last time. That was my first time writing battles in nearly a year, especially a fight of that size. It was tricky stuff keeping track of everything, even with notes and annotations. Maybe I'm just getting on in my old age. :P

Hey ho. Five to go.

Thank you. :)
Last edited by StevenMcG on Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by GF93 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Goddamn it...stupid Breaker Box.

And I've got Cheap as Chips next, no less. :/
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by playzooki » Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:07 pm

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Granny!

Badnik96

The Real Robot Rumble

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:10 am

Tactics for Fluffy:
Stay away from Tough As Nails, though if an opportunity for me to tear a wheel off presents itself go for it. As the only spinner in the round, I have a good opportunity to win the battle based on damage, so go for it. Aim for weaker-armored competitors like Panic Attack and Vlad and try to knock them out. Don't get flipped OOTA by FireStorm, and try to destroy as many competitors as possible.

Good luck everyone!
Team Ignition