ARC: Redemption Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:58 am

I suggested 5 word limit. And what we'd probably do is have a grandfather clause, meaning bots that were established beforehand would be exempt. So Dylan could continue to call his MW My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World.

And Anthony, bots like Uh-Oh! It's A Red-Hot Fridge, and I'll Build You A New One Tomorrow Mrs. Brown were the beginnings of why I wanted a word limit...then it REALLY went over the top with And This One Time At Band Camp I Stuck A Flute In My Pussy......that's when I implemented the five word limit on names for ARC Survivor 3, which never happened. Heartbreak And Hate didn't bother me too much at first, but when Dylan brought in Ladies And Gentlemen, This Is The Death Composition, I thought "Ah crap, here we go again."

And don't try naming your bot, "Iknewjackkennedy Andyousir Arenojackkennedy" and claim there're only three words there. We're not idiots.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:11 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jun 29 2007&#44; 07:03 AM</dd></dl><div> F Bomb and EE are invertible. They went onto his backside like Ankle Biter (since EE was the plow version, he didn't have the wing wedges), on the rear armor plate, staring straight up at the sky.

You guys have no sense of humor about the bot killing thing though. In all fairness, I wasn't going to do it until Steve said both AMP and Rooster Teeth should try spinning late in the MW bout and then they both die... then I thought....eh why not. [/quote]
Ah, okay, I read the results wrong. That's cool.

I did laugh when I saw that all the fights ended in a double knockout, although it was still really weird to happen in every fight lol.

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 9:52 am

awww

AWWWW

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:13 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Jun 29 2007&#44; 09:52 AM</dd></dl><div> awww

AWWWW [/quote]
BOOYA

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:15 pm

get killed

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:08 pm

Chris already shortened them anyway so whatever

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:10 am

does that mean that people can still have a long bot name but panic kinda just got cut off for blatant name abuse or somethin cause that'd be pretty sweet its like winning two battles at once really

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:17 am

Long names are pretty much gone. If panic is going to use anything, even for the official names, it's going to be the shorten versions.