Ruination: The Contagion - Ideas

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:10 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:09 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:07 PM</dd></dl><div>4a)This is up to you, we could do what we did in lore iirc where the results were edited in.[/quote]Please do not cite LoRE for ideas. :P [/quote]Why? it was run well imo[/quote]The only reason it came to any kind of sensible conclusion is that Kody basically gave it the same life support that Philip had to give FRR 4.[/quote]
still, that doesnt mean all the ideas in that tournament were bad.
Last edited by playzooki on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:15 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:10 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:09 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 12:07 PM</dd></dl><div>4a)This is up to you, we could do what we did in lore iirc where the results were edited in.[/quote]Please do not cite LoRE for ideas. :P [/quote]Why? it was run well imo[/quote]The only reason it came to any kind of sensible conclusion is that Kody basically gave it the same life support that Philip had to give FRR 4.[/quote]
still, that doesnt mean all the ideas in that tournament were bad.[/quote]It didnt have any ideas, it was me being lazy and trying to run a tournament during a busy summer period. When I get around to starting LoRE 2 I'll be better about my writing and shit.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:37 pm

I'd still be fine with multiple arenas, but it'd have to be something like one arena for the LWs, one for the MWs, etc, as opposed to a rotational system.

StevenMcG

Post by StevenMcG » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm

You know I'm always willing to loan out my goofy arena designs if needed, Kody. That said, I'm pretty sure the rings I made for the VGP are rather more "out there" than you're hoping. :P

I do quite like the idea of a tournament with more than one main arena, though. It makes it stand out a bit from the other leagues and could encourage bots to be more adaptable to different environments.
Last edited by StevenMcG on Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Eat, drink and be merry - for tomorrow, you may catch some disgusting skin disease!"
~ Edmund Blackadder

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:51 pm

Wow, discussion for the next Ruination started pretty quickly. I like the idea of the multiple Arenas myself, and I'd be happy to submit a few potential ideas. And just to reassure you, no they don't all have Pits ( :P )- are low Arena Walls and OOTA Zones allowed, though?

EDIT: I will say though, I do agree on not taking ideas from LORE. Trying not to sound like too much of a douchebag by saying it, but I think entering LORE was probably the biggest mistake I've made on here.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:36 pm

ok fine alex, i won't try to redeem myself by starting a second one then. Clearly if you all hated it so much there's no reason for me to try again is there?

Oh I forgot it's apparently my fault that the people I had on writing staff knocked you out before the playoffs. You don't see me being mad at Kody for getting knocked out of Ruination 2 early do you?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm

Guys, let's not start this up again. What is done is done, let's not start throwing barbs at one another over it.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 23 2014, 04:38 PM</dd></dl><div>Guys, let's not start this up again. What is done is done, let's not start throwing barbs at one another over it.[/quote]Alright.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."