FRR: No Mercy - Pre-season Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:30 pm

Well, you never know until you've actually competed.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Mystic2000
Team: Myst Inc

Post by Mystic2000 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 6 2014, 11:05 AM</dd></dl><div>Dark Horses: Golden Blaze
[/quote]Well the only thing that is preventing me from reacting is the fact that i don't remember what is a Dark Horse XD

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mystic2000</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 06:57 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Feb 6 2014, 11:05 AM</dd></dl><div>Dark Horses: Golden Blaze
[/quote]Well the only thing that is preventing me from reacting is the fact that i don't remember what is a Dark Horse XD[/quote]It's the term given to a robot that is relatively new, unknown or otherwise not the first expected choice to win, but has a good chance of being successful nonetheless. A potential surprise winner, you could say.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:28 pm

I predict that I'll be a bit rusty for a week or two, then show these young pups that this old dog still has plenty of bite.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 08:28 PM</dd></dl><div>I predict that I'll be a bit rusty for a week or two, then show these young pups that this old dog still has plenty of bite.[/quote]Sorry bud, but dogs must be kept on a lead here at all times.

And no fouling, either. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 08:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Sorry bud, but dogs must be kept on a lead here at all times. [/quote]Well we've had plenty of practice with you. :dawg:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 08:28 PM</dd></dl><div>I predict that I'll be a bit rusty for a week or two, then show these young pups that this old dog still has plenty of bite.[/quote]Well lucky me that I'm not a young pup. Or a dog for that matter.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 08:41 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 7 2014, 08:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Sorry bud, but dogs must be kept on a lead here at all times. [/quote]Well we've had plenty of practice with you. :dawg: [/quote]Image
In which case, same goes for that bastard on the end of your comment. ;)
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:05 pm

All right, here we go&#33;

FRR: NO MERCY - TEAM ZLAYERZ PREDICTIONS

LIGHTWEIGHTS

1. Smoke & Mirrors - This is how you make a clusterbot and not have it suck. Make them both bricks. :P In any case, with those stats and armour bonuses I fail to see how this thing won't at the very least make the play-offs.
2. Rascal - Always been a threat, never made it beyond the semi-finals. This time it looks good for him, but he'll have to watch for the spinners. Always a solid contender.
3. Red Zone - Rascal's rival, pretty much (with The Windmill out of the picture). Rascal has the cards over him though because the forks can defeat Red Zone's lifter
4. Dr. Robotnik - Probably the juggernaut of the LW spinners nowadays. *Frequency sniffs heartily* Oh, I'm sorry. D: Anyway look for this undercutter to totally dominate the lesser armoured foes. He has to be wary of the big bricks though.
5. Airazor - Pretty much impervious to the spinners from the front. Slow self-righting against the lifters will be her bane though.
6. War Bastard - Nice compact LW with twin discs. He'll have to be wary about more power spinners though.
7. Dr. P - The armour bonus helps him survive spinners, but I'm not sure he's capable of much else besides axing the competition. I liked his previous stats better.
8. Certificate To Hurt People - A Barrier clone with less flair. Still doesn't stop the fact that he'll plow through most of the robots here.
9. Right Thoughts Right Words Right Activate&#33; - Steve what the hell is with that weird name? Anyway he'll do decently but the lower armour might hurt him.
10. Zadkiel - It's a good spinner, just a bit too slow and that might hurt it.
11. Jesus Built My Hotrod - Any wedge will destroy him. He'll do decently against the spinners though.
12. Cherax - I'm sorry but that huge wedge in front is going to make it a bitch to turn and get it into play.
13. Guerilla - fuck you I'm not typing that bullshit out. :v: As it is, it's a speedy brick that otherwise won't do too much due to its shape.
14. Gaia Hammer - Mystic, don't be discouraged that I put him here. He's a decent bot for sure, but most of the competition sadly seems to outdo him.
15. Bad Trip - with one of the lightest wedges I've ever seen, and hardly any torque to back it up, I'm not seeing him go far at all.
16. Eight - It's going to do nothing to anybody. It's like one of those Beyblade pullback toys colliding with a metal post. Completely ineffectively.

MIDDLEWEIGHTS

1. Stingray - The utility bot comes back for another shot. The only thing that I don't find strong about him is that weird thwack tail at the back, but Underall did decently with it so it mustn't be too bad. The bot to beat.
2. Square Wave - Fucking Breaker Box. I actually find the wedge set-up weaker than the plow, but he'll be fine.
3. March or Die - It's Firestorm, basically. What more do you want me to say?
4. The "No" Patrol - This bot is hit-or-miss. I'm skeptical of its ability to self-right, but even so it has the power to both rip robots apart, and get under them and cause impact damage via flipping. It hits more than misses, so I'll rank him pretty high.
5. Jackal - Interesting. It's basically Sewer Snake with a better wedge.
6. Mimete - A sit-n-spin thwack with a scoop set-up. Versatile but might suffer from being high-centered when wedged.
7. Sarge - I'd say you can get around his lifter. Question, do you have the speed to do it? If not, can you get under it? Maybe, but if you have more torque you should be fine.
8. Merry Hampton BR - What the FUCK is with those wedges? Seriously, wtf.
9. Sweet Tooth - Actually he could be a pretty big surprise. Those discs could do damage and he's a decent wedge.
10. Freezerburn - He's a decent spinner, but I feel not that great of a wedge for back-up. Any 2WD or hinged wedge will get under him.
11. Green Dragon - Suffers from the same poor invertibility as last time. He might be a little better this time but he'll only have those two narrow prongs on the ground when inverted and that's pretty ugh.
12. Dancing Headless - He's just way too slow. Granted the decent weapon makes up for it but not enough.
13. Clawdius Minimus - Another slow competitor, but unlike Dancing Headless he doesn't have a weapon to ward people off if they try and get around him.
14. Lost Ring - Won't do much I'm afraid, but it is, as a new entry, a very good one. But again just outclassed by most of the competition.
15. Incredible Dong Adventure - Mr. AS what in god's name is that thing? O.o
16. Odium New Hero - Lower weapon power and armour are not the way to go.

HEAVYWEIGHTS

1. Klarinette - Champion returns. Torque-y. Still a bitch to damage, still a bitch with hammers. Hype.
2. The Wall - Holy fuck, Steve. Is anything going to outpush or damage that thing?
3. Truth or Consequences - The old Blood Gulch entrant still has it.
4. Snijmachine - Will kick your ass.
5. Parasite - I'd feel a bit better if he had more armour, but at least it doesn't have 2 armour like it did in ARC: Armageddon. >_>
6. Striker - Not feeling this version, little torque and little armour make him a prime target for spinners. Regardless, don't underestimate that spinning rack.
7. Mass Hypnosis - The most powerful spinner entered, but he sacrifices control for the power. Can he rip apart the competition?
8. Babaganoush - Slooowww... however, if he gets one flip, betcha he can't have just one. BABA BABA&#33; FLIP&#33; FLIP&#33; WIN&#33;
9. Golden Blaze - I actually think he has good potential. He has a strong spinner and his translational nature will get him out of trouble. He'll need it though.
10. MiDAS - I dunno. I think those forks are plenty dodgeable and his armour isn't the best. If he gets the weaponry into play, watch out.
11. Dreadnought - Hurts putting him here but the HW competition this time around is pretty damn strong. As it is I think he'll get pushed around a lot and cut up by the spinners, but he could be a dark horse.
12. Malevolence - Flip him once he's dead. Tear open his weak armour and he's dead. You have to get by the strong spinning blades though.
13. Murder Is Fun&#33; - Once again, hurts putting him here but HW is strong this time. As it is he's so damn wide it'll take ages for him to turn. His sides are very vulnerable.
14. Elvira II - A decent axebot, but despite the 2-wheel drive she's got a weak wedge and sub-par armour.
15. Diablo - I like the idea but any decent rammer or spinner is going to rape him.
16. Hammer / Sickle - ...what is this I don't even.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT

1. Final Boss - Yeah. Good luck.
2. Fulcrum - Possibly the most powerful flipper in a long while. Impact damage for all&#33; He better thank the lord there are no real powerful spinners though.
3. Parabolic Trajectory - And this guy rounds out what I've dubbed the true "Flipper Trio". Invertibility will help him a lot.
4. Ultima - I have a good feeling about Mr. AS' SHW this time around. Let's see if I'm right.
5. Agent X - Another good lifter, might have trouble against other lifters/flippers though.
6. War & Peace - A spinner?&#33;? OMGWTFBBQ&#33;&#33; But seriously, with all the low-armoured SHW around Max could be on to something here.
7. Solar Smash - I'm really dubious on that lack of torque but he should do okay.
8. Phantasmic Slammer - What is this, his 6th tournament in a row now? The competition seems to have stepped up their game though.
9. Corrupted Politician - Same deal with Slammer, just a bit weaker.
10. Stabstract - It has tracks&#33;
11. Barracuda - It'll kill anything with weak top-armour, but otherwise suffer because of weak body armour. The lifter might help him survive for a while.
12. Rufus Stone - It'll have slight trouble turning and has no active weapons. But it'll do decently.
13. Yellow Cloud - Any decent 2WD or hinged wedge will rape it. Philip, where'd the plow skirts go?&#33; D:
14. Bistre Airwaves - Eh it's decent I suppose.
15. Spin Dash Unleashed - I dunno about that massive torque but I do like Steve's sawblade. The extremely doubtful part is, will it work...
16. GreenWar - I really don't like that low armour. But you live and learn. ;)

There you have it. Feel free to flame me however you'd like. =P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:13 pm

11 and 12 for Dreadnought and Rufus? That's not a good sign.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Competition here's pretty tough, man. =/

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 9 2014, 06:14 PM</dd></dl><div>Competition here's pretty tough, man. =/[/quote]Indeed- even though I have been told by some that I've got one of my strongest lineups yet, it's going to be pretty tough. No worries though, I'm hoping to be able to carve out something from it.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:30 pm

The competition is definitely tricky for the designs I've entered this time around. I was hoping for a slightly more balanced field, but it seems like spinners have gone by the wayside a little with the Wedge stat going. I'm slightly more confident with MiDAS now that I've got the scoop setup to better handle spinners. Plus the forks were originally made to fight piano wedges, but I think they can work well against other designs. Out of the team, MiDAS is the one I'm most interested in seeing how it performs. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Good thing Dreadnought doesn't have Piano Wedges, then. :P

Really, I'm interested in seeing how all my machines will do, but I'm most looking forward to seeing Jackal and Dreadnought in particular. The former because he's quite a new design, but considered to be looking quite good already- hopefully he'll be able to break the Middleweight Curse I've been having as of late. And get a good, equal fight with Merry Hampton out of it of course, just like old times.

As for Dreadnought, I've put a lot of time and effort into redesigning him, ironing out all the faults I could and utilising the best aspects from both Conqueror and the original Middleweight version, so I'm looking forward to seeing if it will all pay off. Admittedly, I would consider it a fantastic machine, and I'd love to see it do just as well as its brothers- or maybe better&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:44 pm

I think Jackal will do the best out of your machines, but that's just me. :v: