Crazy Bots: New Breed City - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:30 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 20 2015, 09:38 PM</dd></dl><div>i just don't understand why you're so eager to finish this tournament other than just for completion's sake.[/quote]It would literally take only two more weeks to do so it's hardly a large time investment.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>it was a bad tournament from beginning to end and the multiple stoppages[/quote]I think that's taking it a bit far. You could hardly call the tournament bad from the beginning.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>and the multiple stoppages, kody forfeiting all his robots in the playoffs, etc. are evidence of this.[/quote] Well if by "multiple stoppages" you mean delays, sure. But I guess every other tournament runs completely smoothly. The only real stoppage was towards the end was towards the end when multiple arguments were breaking out over several different things.

Also, Kody FFing his bots in the playoffs was his own choice as part of his initial resolution with Lian over their original argument. At this point I (and probably most other people) wouldn't think any less of Kody if he changed his mind on that. But he wants to honor that part of agreement as if no time has passed. So okay that kind of dampens the excitement of the semi-finals, but it won't really hurt the Finals at all.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>its being played with year-old robots and year-old rules. why. bother. [/quote]Okay that first part is so laughable and dumb as an argument. Plenty of us (and myself not least of all) regularly use bots that, in some cases, might be up to a DECADE old. You might have had a point if everybody always used completely new designs every single tournament. I mean I could literally enter my exact Crazy Bots team into Ruination and no one (well maybe you) would bat an eye.

The old rules thing, okay yeah that could be a bit awkward for people trying to RP and decide fights since the current rule set is rather ingrained in all our minds now. But it's not like every tournament is actually required to use the current rule set. Anyone is free to come up with their own rule set for a tournament, even an older rule set if they thought it was better. And again, it's only for two weeks of fights so what's the big deal?

If it bothers you that much, just ignore it. It hardly needs to affect you. If you don't want to help out on the staff in any capacity, then don't. No one is going to force you to do it.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>four semi finalists are forfeiting. an entire quarter of the competition. because it was so bad. why is that not a huge red flag to anyone else.[/quote] And again just for clarification, Kody FFing (since he accounts for all 4 of the FF you refer to, but nice job with your vague, misleading sentence that seems to imply multiple different people are FFing) has precisely nothing to do with the quality of the tournament or any of the arguments you brought up. He had a big argument with Lian and at that time (AT THAT TIME mind you) didn't want any part of Lian personally. It was eventually sorted out (obviously) and he had no more ill will towards Lian or Crazy Bots, but decided to honor his initial decision.

So if you want to argue against Crazy Bots, try to use facts and not just try to throw out your own personal opinion as the truth.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 19 2015, 11:53 PM</dd></dl><div>just let this die[/quote]Well we're this close to finishing it as it is, so I think we should give it some proper closure by finishing it, IMHO.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 21 2015, 07:30 AM</dd></dl><div>The only real stoppage was towards the end was towards the end when multiple arguments were breaking out over several different things.[/quote]I disagree with this, there was that time when robot bastards started and the tournament basically came towards a standstill :v: (no offence intended to anybody involved)

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:21 pm

Both RP's done, let's smash some shit up.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:12 pm

Now that LoRE2 is finally over (minus results/awards), can this un-die? :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

hey it un-died

the results are stupid but at least progress

#sweg

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:29 pm

Hey, there's nothing stupid about Redemption Denied&#33; :v:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:10 pm

we shall see fool

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:31 pm

Alrighty, looks like all of my remaining three are in. Now let's win me some titles. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:43 pm

There is a part of me that doesn't really want MDU to win, because it's so damn cheap. But I think I'm right in saying it'd be the first walkerbot to win a championship. So yeah, swings and roundabouts.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:24 pm

i forget, were any of my bots still in this

oh right they all got their asses handed to them
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:09 pm

Your bots are trash bro. :v:

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Sep 7 2015, 02:12 PM</dd></dl><div>Now that LoRE2 is finally over (minus results/awards)[/quote]as in, not over at all? xD

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:03 pm

Well when you put it like that&#33; :v:

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:07 am

ARGH

i mean

rp is done :v:
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle