Crazy Bots: New Breed City - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:46 am

I didn't decide the Kite vs. Microwave fight that happened in the regular season, I only wrote it for Lian who did the actual decision. And it did take until almost the very last moment of the fight for Kite to get in a flip that knocked Microwave over, so any question of him being able to self-right or not was completely irrelevant at that point.

So again I ask, what are you trying to get at? If you think I'm not fit to write results just come out and say it instead of beating around the bush, but I'd also like you to have real examples to back that up and not just random fluff I might have said in a prediction thread.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 22 2015, 11:07 PM</dd></dl><div>All right then, but from what I can see Microwave has that same issue. It's pole is pretty small, probably smaller than Rooster Teeth's (relatively speaking since they aren't the same weight class), so I'm really not sure where you're going with this.[/quote]Here's the best way I can explain it:

Two full bodied spinners, both with self righting poles. One self righting pole reaches beyond the chassis, and the other doesn't. The one that doesn't is going to have problems self-righting, and will need to bounce around like an idiot and get lucky in order to self-right, if it is able to at all. The longer self-righting pole will always self-right because when the chassis 'turns' the pole will cause the chassis to tip far enough that it will land back on its wheels.

Rooster Teeth's self-righting pole clearly doesn't reach anywhere close to the edge of the chassis, let alone the teeth. So it shouldn't really get the benefit of the doubt.

Microwave's pole is harder (haha). I can't tell for sure, but I can give it the benefit of the doubt because it looks like it at least reaches the edge of the chassis. While the lifter kind of gets in the way of this, when the chassis rotates enough and gets to one of the other sides, it should self right.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:37 am

My pole can right many things.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:58 pm

In light of Kody's announced departure from the forums, and a return seeming highly unlikely, me and Josh have agreed upon a decision for the playoffs going forward.

Since Kody has withdrew from ARC and therefore this tournament, it is now agreed that Kody's bots will be forfeited in there matches. Reason behind this decision is that if he was to win a match and go through to the semis or even the final, the other guy is going to be miffed that he lost a match which caused the following match to just end up a pointless FF, or even having a FF final, which is something we'd all want to avoid.

This will also mean that there is a spot available for deciding the semi finals and finals matches, if anyone wants to get in contact with me about it, feel free to do so. And to fill the gap in the staff writing roster, Alex V will now be reinstated.

As far as I'm concerned, that is the end of the matter. Thank you for all your time and patience, and I hope you'll stick with this tournament till the end.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:23 pm

I have returned... but just to confirm, I will be going with Lian's decision and will be FFing for the rest of CBNBC.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:58 pm

surprise QF results please

right now

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:04 pm

kody says that if the results do not arrive then i have permission to start banning people

he did not specify whom
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jul 18 2015, 04:04 PM</dd></dl><div>kody says that if the results do not arrive then i have permission to start banning people

he did not specify whom[/quote]confirming this

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:39 pm

results:
shrek comes in and destroys <del>pussy</del> the other robots and takes all four titles so playzooki wins. the end.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Results are.... eh you know the drill, just get yourselves some fucking pizza :P

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:23 pm

and, as per whatever, I am FFing whatever matches i've got in the semis :v:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:43 pm

Alright&#33; Three wins and a KO is great to see, hopefully I can keep that going in the Semis.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:51 pm

do you guys actually want to finish this

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:52 pm

this literal year old tourney, that got everyone into a big argument, using old rules and old robots. that was so weird that several people were just FFing at the end, and one guy 'had' to FF all his semi finals robots.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:53 pm

just let this die