Ruination: The Omen - Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:55 pm

The 3-1 predictions only make my playoff elimination hurt more ;-;

However, if I can salvage my global CFL ranking that'd be awesome. Just need to build some momentum for FRR at this point.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:47 pm

A 4-0 and a 2-4? Two varying extremes, but overall, I'm liking my chances. If I can keep Klarinette under control, I'm hoping to be able to pull off one last 4-4 for the competition- heck, if I can obtain a perfect record for Lethal Injection and maybe get that win for Lyra as well for Christmas, I'd be content with that.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 24 2013, 06:47 PM</dd></dl><div>A 4-4 and a 2-4?[/quote]wow, Kody predicted you to lose both your fights twice? that's harsh man...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:54 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Dec 24 2013, 09:18 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 24 2013, 06:47 PM</dd></dl><div>A 4-4 and a 2-4?[/quote]wow, Kody predicted you to lose both your fights twice? that's harsh man...[/quote]lol

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:23 pm

Crap, I knew I'd gone wrong somewhere. Sorry 'bout that.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:39 pm

lol 2-4
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:54 am

<big>PLAYOFF QUARTER-FINALS</big>

LW:

Scarab vs. Fatality

It
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:27 pm

My views on each match-

LW- Whilst yes, Mercenary's pretty quick and he does have the hazards on his side- as long as I limit his usage of them as much as possible, keep moving, and consistently doing damage to him, I feel reasonably capable of taking a win, here.

HW- A Snijmachine rematch, so maybe MoP could...nah. Honestly- I think I'll be lucky to get out alive, here.

SHW- This one should be a good match- I didn't get to fight CotD last time due to a forfeit, so it'll be interesting to see how it goes. LI2's proven itself to be pretty strong against Spinners with that scoop, so as long as I stay aggressive and well-controlled, I think I can do it.

Overall- with some good RPing, I think I can take the wins for Tornedron and Lethal Injection. Master of Puppets' chances are more-or-less nil at this point, but even then- I'm very pleasantly surprised with how he's done for what was meant to be a prototype design. If I can refine him a bit and enter him into a future competition, hopefully he can go further.

Also, Happy New Year, ARC&#33;
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:36 pm

QUARTER-FINALS

Lightweights

Scarab vs. Fatality

Scarab did it before, he can do it again. I see nothing changing due to Fatality's poor speed and control.

Scarab = 75%

Mobile Failure vs. Dr. Pepperdine

Last match was already in Tracy's favour. If she actually emphasizes on her strengths more, she'll probably have this wrapped around her pinky finger. Pepperdine's a damn good bot though, and don't look for Alex to slouch after the last loss to Failure.

Mobile Failure = 55%

Tornedron vs. Mercenary

It's nice to see Mercenary making a comeback, but I think this is where it ends for him...

Tornedron = 80%

Frequency vs. Annoying Box Rush

I think that is ABR keeps the armoured wedge pointing at Frequency all match, there is absolutely little Frequency can do.

Annoying Box Rush = 75%

Middleweights

The Green Hornet vs. Braveheart

What a tale this is. The Green Hornet was doing so well too, but Braveheart's surprise comeback means he's in good shape here. Not to mention edging The Green Hornet last time. Will NFX shoot one more NWOWWE dream to hell?

Braveheart = 65%

Fidchell vs. Green Dragon

I think Fidchell is going to be a pain in the ass for Chris to grab. Now, Green Dragon's invertibility has been corrected, but it's still very weak invertibility. If Fidchell flips Green Dragon, I have no doubt Chris will crash out.

Fidchell = 75%

Stingray vs. Merry Hampton BR

Stingray needs to flip Merry Hampton or Lian could take this. Will the flipping bar work again? Too close to accurately call.

Merry Hampton BR = 51%

Force Feedback vs. March Or Die

A valiant effort from playzooki could see him beat the surging veteran, but it's no easy feat. Meanwhile, Alex MW has a milestone in his sights and will work extra hard to get to it. I'm going to have to go for Alex here.

Force Feedback = 65%

Heavyweights

Cutie Honey vs. S.O.T.A.R.

Cutie Honey is fucked with a capital F if S.O.T.A.R. gets around the scoop. The question is: CAN S.O.T.A.R. get around the scoop during 3 minutes? Signs point to... maybe? At least Tracy doesn't have to worry about the Cloth.

S.O.T.A.R. = 55%

The Dark Side of Cupid vs. Klarinette

It's going to be a nail-biter that's for sure. However I think Klarinette will just barely make it 2-0 over the Reckoning and Aftermath champ.

Klarinette = 51%

Snijmachine vs. Master of Puppets

Okay, I'll give credit where it's due here, for GF93. Snijmachine isn't the most powerful spinner and MoP does have decent armour and speed. The problem? Snijmachine is just as fast and has more armour. If Snijmachine doesn't KO MoP, he'll outright destroy him in terms of the damage category.

Snijmachine = 70%

Ridley vs. V'Ger

Don't see the same thing happening twice, I'm afraid. Josh is readier than ever for Spatula's craftiness. It'll still be close though.

Ridley = 55%

Superheavyweights

Lethal Injection vs. Curse of the Deep

Surprisingly enough, I think CotD has this if he can keep the stability issues under control. Such as NOT firing the axe when spinning. :P Regardless, LI isn't undefeated for nothing so it'll be close.

Curse of the Deep = 51%

Peppernut vs. Reflector Shield

Blame Peppernut's earlier loss on Martijn's mono. :P Anyway Reflector Shield's been on the wrong end of some tight decisions and unfortunately it looks like he's heading for another.

Peppernut = 51%

Teresa vs. Lime-y

All Lime-y can do is hope that she can get the flipper in and under and, if she does, hope her flips get her enough for a win.

Teresa = 85%

Jack Frost vs. Reaver

I imagine Reaver will want to take better care of his forks this time. Unfortunately this opens the way for Jack Frost to be aggressive and I still don't see Reaver winning, unfortunately.

Jack Frost = 80%

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Hilariously, I checked back and realized I have Chris losing all his matches. I know I'll pay for that in some manner :P but they do seem like likely outcomes.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 31 2013, 10:36 PM</dd></dl><div>Lethal Injection vs. Curse of the Deep

Surprisingly enough, I think CotD has this if he can keep the stability issues under control. Such as NOT firing the axe when spinning. :P Regardless, LI isn't undefeated for nothing so it'll be close.

Curse of the Deep = 51%[/quote]Now this, I'm quite curious about. Just out of interest Kody, is there anything in particular that gives CotD the advantage?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 31 2013, 11:21 PM</dd></dl><div>Now this, I'm quite curious about. Just out of interest Kody, is there anything in particular that gives CotD the advantage?[/quote]Nothing I'll tell you. Josh will already want me skinned alive for having predicted CotD to win in anything. :v:

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:32 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 31 2013, 11:15 PM</dd></dl><div>Hilariously, I checked back and realized I have Chris losing all his matches. I know I'll pay for that in some manner :P but they do seem like likely outcomes.[/quote]Well, honestly it's a little frustrating that everyone thinks RS going to lose now just because he's had a few tough losses, even though he was the clear favorite the first time I was facing Peppernut. It doesn't make much sense to me. But then again, I've been pretty good at beating the spreads thus far so we'll see. I think Kody had me going like 4-7 with Cupid or something :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 31 2013, 11:47 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Dec 31 2013, 11:21 PM</dd></dl><div>Now this, I'm quite curious about. Just out of interest Kody, is there anything in particular that gives CotD the advantage?[/quote]Nothing I'll tell you. Josh will already want me skinned alive for having predicted CotD to win in anything. :v:[/quote]Aye- I did hear that he wasn't exactly happy about losing to it a few weeks back.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:37 am

In a manner of speaking... :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.