Ruination: The Omen - Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:14 am

LW:

Fatality vs. Spike - (Lumina Cloth)

The two most powerful spinners collide and the arena will likely play a big role in this one. Fatality
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 am

Oho, all wins! That's a pretty good sign for this week.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:36 am

Lel 1-3

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 pm

well I'm in a slightly more fit state of mind, sooo...

Week 2

Lightweights

Fatality vs. Spike

Giving this to the bot with more traction. Traction matters here, folks.

Spike = 85%

Poison vs. Jupiter 2 F

Well despite what Badnik said I don't believe Rob will RP... if he does though, I feel he has this in the bag. Especially since the arena is hazard-filled and Poison has crappy armour...

Jupiter 2 F = 90%

Mercenary vs. Tornedron

Ouch... not feeling a Chris victory here. That weapon power is ridiculous, and Tornedron is definitely not the slowest spinner, nor will he pinball.

Tornedron = 80%

Old Soul vs. Vipoz

Vipoz could get it. Difficult though.

Vipoz = 55%

Hit 'em Hardest vs. Annoying Box Rush

I doubt Lewis has the advantage here, and Nick is well protected against thwacks.

Annoying Box Rush = 85%

Mobile Failure vs. Dr. Pepperdine

The two categories that Pepperdine excels in are weapon and armour. They get nerfed a bit due to his turret and the armour bonus on the plow, thus bringing the weapon and armour to Tracy's level. Mobile Failure has a torque and speed and advantage. In this kind of a match, that's pretty big.

Mobile Failure = 65%

Smoke and Mirrors vs. Don't Tread On Me

Wait wait wait. The clusterbot has more torque??? Holy shit. Yeah fuck this match-up.

Smoke and Mirrors = 75%

Scarab vs. Mr. Not Very Nice LW

The only real thing NVN can do is thwack and translate a bit. He has no wedge, 1 torque, and no real active weapon. Disaster has been spelt.

Scarab = 85%

Frequency vs. Recovered

The hilarity of a 13-powered spinner having more armour than his non-active weaponed opponent speaks volumes here.

Frequency = 95%

Middleweights

Braveheart vs. Stingray

For the love of god. What the fuck is this shit match-up. You clowns are getting Oogy-To-Boogy'd. :P

Okay seriously. Braveheart has the slight wedge but Stingray can damage said wedge and get under it. I'll go for Stingray... slightly.

Stingray = 55%

Green Dragon vs. Illusion of Grandeur

Oh god that weapon-to-armour advantage. Thankfully if Green Dragon manages to utilize his superior speed and torque, he may not have to take too many hits. Although with no real damaging hazards for him to use, what's the use of that?

Illusion of Grandeur = 65%

Force Feedback vs. Merry Hampton BR

Middleweights suck this week. I'll go for the puncher again since wedge effectiveness isn't everything.

Force Feedback = 75%

Solve et Coagula vs. The Green Hornet

It all comes down to if SeC can get The Green Hornet out. One chance is all that is needed, due to SeC's amazing torque. Can he get it? Hornet isn't the fastest spinner and SeC has decent armour.

The Green Hornet = 55%

Jupiter 2 H vs. Lyra

Fuck no.

Lyra = 100% (first lock of the week)

The "No" Patrol vs. March or Die

playzooki can win this if he just keeps ramming and flipping the shit out of Badnik

March or Die = 70%

Bad Wolf vs. Fidchell

Bad Wolf is so low to the ground, you'd think he was Biohazard or something. Thankfully for Fidchell, he's not nearly as resistant. 14 weapon to 5 armour is going to hurt. On the other hand, he also has a low disc, but he has equal speed to Fidchell too. Tough.

Fidchell = 60%

Lightning vs. Reaper

Til death do us part...

Reaper = 95%

V For Vendetta vs. Long Arm of the Law

Lewis has his work cut out for him here. The shape of his front means that his torque points mean zilch if he can't get under anything. He'll just tilt to the side.

Long Arm of the Law = 80%

Heavyweights

Mr. Death vs. Master of Puppets

Oh god. Who on earth do I go for? Mr. Death has a good drivetrain and wedge advantage (I think), but he also has a flat top so MoP can drive right over him at will, if he gets wedged.

50%

Anarchy vs. Grave Robber

Anarchy seems more stable.

Anarchy = 75%

Final Judgement vs. V'Ger

Jesus fuck. Final Judgement is the brickest fuckin thing. V'Ger needs a rabbit's foot here.

Final Judgement = 80%

Scoop vs. S.O.T.A.R.

...no.

S.O.T.A.R. = 100% (2nd lock of the week)

Ridley vs. Dead Ringer For Love

Not entirely sure if Ridley's double bars make them weaker if an opponent's disc makes contact with one of the two bars, but it shouldn't matter too much here because Ridley can get back in faster and pound away at DRFL's armour.

Ridley = 85%

The Dark Side of Cupid vs. Klarinette

Cupid might get some good hits but that thin disc is quite prone to warping, especially after a few rams/hazard trips from 'Nette.

Klarinette = 75%

Kraze vs. Snijmachine

Not feeling Kraze's chances here. Snij is just as fast and they have equal armour.

Snijmachine = 80%

Jupiter 2 V vs. Cutie Honey

Are you fucking kidding me?

Cutie Honey = 95%

NB2 vs. Vertigo

Well now that Vertigo's wedge is the same as NB2's, it becomes more of a match. I'd favour NB2's wedge more, but Vertigo has a better active weapon. Hmm...

NB2 = 55%

Superheavywights

Lethal Injection vs. Element of Chaos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_hO1pp2kwc&t=30s

Lethal Injection = 100% (third lock of the week)

Curse of the Deep vs. Peppernut

OWNED!!!

Peppernut = 100% (fourth lock :P)

Jack Frost vs. Ultima

Mr. AS needs to keep the front on, big time. I mean big time. But I think he could take it. It would have been better if he didn't have all those dumb armour bonuses though.

Ultima = 55%

Lime-y vs. Jupiter 2 P

Bullshit.

Lime-y = 100% (5th lock)

Reflector Shield vs. Phantasmic Slammer

It's entirely possible for Badnik to take this. He just has to turn in a good RP. :P Regardless, it will be tough.

Phantasmic Slammer = 51%

Corrupted Politician vs. Inflammatory Slammer

Inflammatory Slammer has awesome invertibility. Corrupted Politician does not.

Inflammatory Slammer = 65%

Steak vs. Spaulding

Spaulding's match. Or would that be dinner?

Spaulding = 70%

Manta vs. Hephaestus

Manta is basically Armour City. That doesn't work well with Hephaestus' weapon...

Manta = 80%

Teresa vs. Reaver

Reaver's more fragile lifter could be its bane here, seeing as it's the only thing Reaver can depend on to wedge his opponents. They get bent the slightest bit and there goes the match. Teresa could screw it up though, depending on the set-up she uses.

Teresa = 80%
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:11 pm

Two locks and three predicted wins, eh? Schweet, hopefully I can pull it off. And the HW one too of course, since losing that would suck. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm

1.5-2.5 :v:

first 50%

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:18 pm

RP well, man, and you'll do just fine

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:19 pm

i guess
EDIT:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Two locks and three predicted wins, eh? Schweet, hopefully I can pull it off. And the HW one too of course, since losing that would suck. :v:[/quote]

*sigh*
Last edited by playzooki on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 24 2013, 01:19 PM</dd></dl><div>i guess
EDIT:
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Two locks and three predicted wins, eh? Schweet, hopefully I can pull it off. And the HW one too of course, since losing that would suck. :v:[/quote]

*sigh*[/quote]dude you did very well in the first two-three weeks of LoRE, and you have better bots now :P don't take our predictions to heart

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:25 pm

no, its just hes implying losing to me is *somehow* worse than everybody else. :(

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 24 2013, 01:25 PM</dd></dl><div>no, its just hes implying losing to me is *somehow* worse than everybody else. :([/quote]Nah, you could definitely do worse. I mean, there's Mr AS...

...but anyway. Now see to it that we get a good fight, or I shall taunt you a second time.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 pm

we always get a good fight :P

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 24 2013, 01:53 PM</dd></dl><div>we always get a good fight :P[/quote]Good to see- for a second there, I thought I wasn't going to get one.

Mind you, if there's one between us I'm looking forward to, it's the LW one in Week 10. Once Tornedron's finished with him, I sincerely hope for the mourners' sake that Mr Not Very Nice's funeral will be closed casket. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Oct 24 2013, 01:51 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Oct 24 2013, 01:25 PM</dd></dl><div>no, its just hes implying losing to me is *somehow* worse than everybody else. :([/quote]Nah, you could definitely do worse. I mean, there's Mr AS...[/quote]excuse me...?

also, i'm fairly confident in my MW and HW matches this week, given that lewis likely won't RP to begin with, and my absolute wideness/wedge advantedge against it.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:48 pm

In reality he means anybody he loses to. :P Hell, Luna, Phantasmic Slammer, and Dr. Thwack are on his hit list for no apparent reason. :P