Ruination: The Omen - Predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:31 pm

Yep, now that we have everyone signed up (and the schedule ready to go) I guess we can get some official predictions. I'll get around to mine as soon as I can (but alas not tonight).
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:40 am

<big>Josh's STONE&#33; COLD&#33; LEAD&#33; PIPE&#33; LOCKS&#33;</big>

LW:

Defiance Conference:

1. Dr. Pepperdine
Analysis: He was a surprise contender in LoRE and he
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:46 am

MW:

Annihilation Conference:

1. Braveheart
Analysis: A tough as nails thwackbot with the armor to tank the spinners he

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:55 am

HW:

Redemption Conference:

1. Dark Side of Cupid
Analysis: THE Undercutter of ARC and the favorite until someone proves otherwise.
Will win the championship if: he competes at his usual level and outperform the other spinners.

2. Cutie Honey
Analysis: Hello spinners, meet brick wall.
Will win the championship if: She can consistently keep opponents (and particularly spinners&#33;) from getting around the scoop.

3. SOTAR
Analysis: An invertible and powerful ring spinner, what

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:29 am

Just an FYI Josh but I'm pretty sure Tornedron is a revamped Psyclone.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:03 pm

SHW:

Carnage Conference:

1. Reflector Shield
Analysis: Sierra&#33; Hotel&#33; India&#33; Echo&#33; Lima&#33; Delta&#33; It

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:09 pm

KODY'S PREDICTIONS

Lightweights

Defiance Conference

1. Mobile Failure
Outwedges most of the division and can pretty much beat the living tar out of what she doesn't. Expect big things from the sophomore.

2. Dr. Pepperdine
A slower Mobile Failure with turret ability. Pretty much the same deal. The axe bots will rule this division.

3. Scarab
16 weapon power is nothing to laugh at, but if you can get beyond that scary drum, that 4 armour is begging to be merc'd.

4. Mr. Not Very Nice LW
It's not bad, per se. It can be wedged but it's very slippery. And bricky.

5. Fatality
Another ridiculously overpowered spinner, but low traction will see him pinballing like hell.

6. Jupiter 2 F
Fast and furious, this flipper would be pretty damn good provided it had a bit more armour.

7. Poison
It has lower armour but a lot of wedge and traction, not to mention a decently damaging weapon. Good luck outmanoeuvring it.

8. Old Soul
Decent armour, but those discs aren't going to do much.

9. Vipoz
It can flip things, but it's got low armour and mediocre control.

----

Vengeance Conference

1. Annoying Box Rush
6 speed, 7 wedge AND 11 front armour? Mercy, Nick&#33; :D

2. Smoke & Mirrors
Sorry Badnik, but I hate this robot. :P It truly is Yeow&#33; Hot Bees&#33; v2.0. 5 speed isn't the worst for a rammer and 8 front armour will stand up to a lot. Did I mention it can actually push stuff, too?

3. Spike
Unlike Scarab, he can actually survive for a long while. And again, 16 weapon is no joke. Only the toughest bricks like ABR can endure him.

4. Tornedron
Spike with less power and armour... and more traction. Different version of a good thing.

5. Frequency
Honey and Kraze put their son forth again. Look out, too, because if the good armour and excellent weapon don't get you, the extra wedge point will.

6. Recovered
LoRE's runner up is against it. The lower armour won't help it much against stuff like Spike or Frequency, but it is quick enough that it may stand a small chance.

7. Mercenary
Oh jesus, what happened here? Suddenly Mercenary went from champ material to chump change, and this tournament looks no different... he has better armour than Recovered but isn't as quick, and that may prove telling...

8. Don't Tread On Me
Oh my god the ARMOUR&#33;&#33;&#33; But if you can avoid the wedge or get under it, he's got nothing.

9. Hit 'em Hardest
It sucks rating the Aftermath finalist at the bottom, and even more so because he is actually quite competitive stat-wise. But yeah, short range and steep wedges hurt him.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:29 pm

KODY'S PREDICTIONS (CONT'D)

Middleweights

Annihilation Conference

1. Braveheart
Um... yeah. How the fuck are you supposed to fight this thing?

2. The Green Hornet
Christ. Now what do we do? It's raining horizontal spinners&#33;

3. Illusion of Grandeur
It's still raining horizontal spinners&#33;

4. Fidchell
Oh, that's better. Still, horizontal beats vertical as they always say...

5. Bad Wolf
...yeah he's stuck in a division with a lot of spinners and tanks.

6. Lightning
Eh he's got mounds of torque.

7. Green Dragon
Good speed, torque, and wedge outweigh his below-average armour, but in a division chock full to the brim with spinners... uuuugh.

8. Reaper
Low armour, decent weapon. He's decent.

9. Solve et Coagula
You don't think I can rank myself last? Watch me&#33; This robot has absolutely nothing going for it&#33; It's not going to get under fuck or shit, rendering its weapon and torque completely useless&#33; This essentially means that it's just a meatbag for the other robots to wail on. Shame, since it is the coolest looking robot in the conference by far. Yes, I'm challenging Green Dragon and Fidchell for that honour. Bring it. :P

----

Revolution Conference

1. Stingray
Yeah, Nick gets another #1 ranking from me. I mean come on. You can't deny he can't be beat in the versatility category. Interchangeable ramming bars? Sheesh. Forks? Side wedges? Your worst nightmare? Check. Ironically, this would be Fidchell's dream opponent since the armour bonus means Stingray's body armour is 5, and vertical spinners would chew this thing up.

2. Force Feedback
Oh great, THIS guy's back. Not as versatile as Stingray but pretty damn threatening all the same. Also, lolwut 13 armoured bar.

3. Long Arm of the Law
The wedge is shallow but this time he has the torque to help it out. Dark horse.

4. March or Die
Another decent wedge.

5. Merry Hampton BR
Just flip it on its back&#33; If you can, that is.

6. Lyra
It'll be fine if it isn't outdone in the drivetrain department. Or if it stays right side up. Or if the livery doesn't piss the writers off. :P (j/k)

7. V For Vendetta
A decent axe with an odd design. Not TOO bad.

8. The "No" Patrol
I have a feeling that wedge is going to hinder it more than help it.

9. Jupiter 2 H
...is that disc even going to do anything?

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:46 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 09:46 AM</dd></dl><div>7. Long Arm of the Law
Analysis: A pretty standard poker/rammer, but it lacks invertability&#33;
Will win the championship if: He can really distinguish himself from all other rammers and avoid ever getting flipped over.[/quote]i could have sworn that i said it was invertible. if i didnt, then fuck im screwed then lol.

will post my predictions soon.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 pm

Heavyweights

Redemption Conference

1. S.O.T.A.R.
To damage the soft-ish 5 armour, you have to get by the ring. Cursed ring spinners&#33; :D

2. Cutie Honey
Fast as fuck. Can thwack. Can flip. 1 wedge for insurance. You can damage the 4 armour, but you have to get by the 10-armoured scoop to do it.

3. Klarinette
Holy redesign Batman&#33; Diesector meets Bad Attitude. Also has adorable Japanese nicknames that greatly annoy Josh. Lian might want to use them against Ridley. :P

4. The Dark Side of Cupid
I'm really not feeling this redesign. Chunky, with a very thin disc, and with a flawed rear wedge... I don't really know. Fortunately it should scrape a play-off spot. But hey, it's a two-time champ in its only two tournaments, and stranger things have happened. Go Cupid&#33;

5. Grave Robber
It's Cupid with no wedge and an extra weapon point. The problem? That incredibly thin weapon axle. One hit may be enough to wreck its own weapon.

6. Anarchy
A strong spinner hindered by slow speed and iffy control.

7. Scoop
It's brilliant in all categories except armour.

8. Mr. Death
It's basically a CPU chip without the RAM to back it up. Fuck completely flat robots. :P

9. Jupiter 2 V
It's hardly going to be able to do anything. One flip and it's toast.

----

Reckoning Conference

1. Ridley
It actually has an effective back-up weapon - the tail&#33; Genius.

2. Snijmachine
Nice speed, nice armour, nice weapon... very nice&#33;

3. Final Judgement
I would have ranked him lower but there's a lot of spinners and he should do decently against them.

4. V'Ger
An unorthodox approach here as clampers make their way onto the Revolution machine. Powerful ones too, at 13 power&#33; But with no real wedge points, that tail isn't going to get under anything...

5. Dead Ringer For Love
Huge weapon power held back by low-ish speed.

6. Kraze
...it hurts putting him here. But he's not going to last too long against all the spinners. Better armour would have done wonders.

7. Master of Puppets
With such low armour, good luck fighting all the spinners. Even if I do like the design.

8. Vertigo
Good luck fighting all the spinners...

9. NB2
...good luck fighting all the spinners?

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 01:46 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 09:46 AM</dd></dl><div>7. Long Arm of the Law
Will win the championship if: He can really distinguish himself from all other rammers and avoid ever getting flipped over.[/quote]i could have sworn that i said it was invertible. if i didnt, then fuck im screwed then lol.

will post my predictions soon.[/quote]You say so, but there's no wheels/drivetrain to be seen sticking out from the top to allow it to move while inverted, so the visual evidedince doesn't really back up the claim.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 01:49 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 01:46 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Oct 14 2013, 09:46 AM</dd></dl><div>7. Long Arm of the Law

will post my predictions soon.[/quote]You say so, but there's no wheels/drivetrain to be seen sticking out from the top to allow it to move while inverted, so the visual evidedince doesn't really back up the claim.[/quote]Image

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:05 pm

Errrm... But that's not what was entered.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:08 pm

Superheavyweights

Carnage Conference

1. Reflector Shield
I actually thought he would have had some trouble with flippers, but Chris cleverly stated in the sign-ups that the plow was removable, so he can fight inverted. Look for the Shield to dominate, though equal wedge stuff like Lethal Injection and Phantasmic Slammer will force him to prove himself.

2. Lethal Injection
Holy shit. We just might have a contender for the Nut here.

3. Phantasmic Slammer
OKAY GOOD, THERE'S NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH IT. Now he's actually champ material for once. Unless he gets flipped. :P

4. Spaulding
I actually think he's got a chance even against the above three. The problem is that his jaws may not lift their wedges off the ground in time before they can back off. Also exposed tracks.

5. Manta
Now that is a mean and nowhere-near lean yellow flipping machine. Just his status as a walker will hurt him since his manoeuvrability takes a blow.

6. Peppernut
IT'S A RAMMING WEDGE&#33;&#33;&#33;

7. Hephaestus
Won't do as well here, sadly. He's just outmatched by a lot of competition.

8. Curse of the Deep
I don't think it'll live up to all the hype. I mean, I created the concept behind it, but never entered it. And for good reason. :P

9. Steak
It suffers from mediocre-stat-syndrome.

----

Aftermath Conference

1. Teresa
The Queen returns&#33; On an impressive 11-0 rookie streak. The wedge-ruining spike returns as well, as does everything else that people hate. :P

2. Inflammatory Slammer
If Lewis makes it in time, this guy will be quite the threat. Decent wedge, speed, and armour... hoo boy.

3. Jack Frost
The ex-Gemini member makes it to the Blood Gulch. Look for him to put the unprepared fuckers on ice.

4. Lime-y
It's narrow, but that never stopped WBC's record flip. :v: Also not much is going to get under her.

5. Reaver
Ramming goodness. Nice torque to back it up, but the spindly lifter looks fragile, as well as being the wedge-reliant weapon.

6. Corrupted Politician
It's...Biohazard with a weak lifter and awful paintjob? Nonetheless it is still a threat.

7. Ultima
wtf armour bonuses... still decent.

8. Jupiter 2 P
No srimech, no kidding. That poker is in the worst place, btw.

9. Element of Chaos
Only given a side view, so I can only expect the worst... tip it over and it's dead.

----

All done.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:38 pm

LW - DEFIANCE

Top 4
1. Dr. Pepperdine
2. Mobile Failure
3. Fatality
4. Jupiter 2F

A fairly weak division overall, but there might be some dark horses that could emerge. Like Scarab. The bot is no less ugly than he ever was, but could prove a lot more effective than he was before :P

LW - VENGEANCE

Top 4
1. Annoying Box Rush
2. Smoke & Mirrors
3. Recovered
4. Frequency

Lots of great wedges. Could prove interesting for Frequency to see how well he handles the bricks. It's basically the AMP, in the same division as the Barriers and Shockwaves.

MW - ANNIHILATION

Top 4
1. Fidchell
2. Braveheart
3. The Green Hornet
4. Bad Wolf

Once again, another division where nearly any bot could emerge as a dark horse, so it's really up in the air. I think bots like Fidchell and Hornet should prove a lot more effective this time around with the competition.

MW - REVOLUTION

Top 4
1. Force Feedback
2. V For Vendetta
3. Stingray
4. March or Die

It's hard not to have faith in FF - always a reliable contender for the title. And now there's a V For Vendetta...but there's also a Vendetta. I'm confused. What does SHW Vendetta stand for? :P

HW - REDEMPTION

Top 4
1. The Dark Side of Cupid
2. Klarinette
3. S.O.T.A.R.
4. Cutie Honey

A fairly spinner heavy division, so even though Cutie Honey is extremely overrated IMO, he might fair well.

HW - RECKONING

Top 4
1. Snijmachine
2. Ridley
3. V'Ger
4. Dead Ringer For Love

Long live the spinners&#33;

SHW - CARNAGE

Top 4
1. Reflector Shield
2. Phantasmic Slammer
3. Manta
4. Peppernut

Long live the wedginess&#33;

SHW - AFTERMATH

Top 4
1. Teresa
2. Jack Frost
3. Reaver
4. Inflammatory Slammer

Teresa might have trouble against Frost, but other than that, I think she might be a contender for another title.
Last edited by Area51Escapee on Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.