Revolution Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Revolution Discussion

Post by Siphai » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Feb 3 2007&#44; 04:33 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Philip, I think I speak for all of us when I say...

don't be a dick =P[/quote]

ROTFLMAO&#33; Yeah, that was a total joke. I haven't even gotten any new designs in mind yet.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Anyway, I was thinking of starting up a simple tournament myself. The premise would be that you enter a robot in all four classes. However, you don't RP for anything. If you would RP, I would totally disregard it. I would take this tournament as a showing of which robot is the best, rather than the combination of the robot and RPer. [/quote] I could actually *possibly* get behind something like this on the grounds that there be more than one judge actually deciding the outcome of EACH FIGHT. Each fight would require at least two or three judges weighing in. Otherwise, what you end up is the Predictions/Spreads being the results, and in many cases, I wrote results that ended up being the opposite of what I predicted.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I was also thinking of doing something similar, except that I would provide the same robot for each person (like a simple wedge bot) and they would RP with it. This would show the best RPer.[/quote] Hot clone on clone action...

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Following up on the latter idea, I would make a different bot for each weight class. Like a wedgebot for LW, spinner for MW, flipper for HW, and, like, a thwackbot for SHW or something like that, since people are better with different kinds of designs. This way, we could see who's the best RPer for a certain kind of bot.[/quote] Slightly intriguing, actually. [/quote]
I just realized a downfall of the "best RPer" competition.

It would get boring.

Seriously, who wants to RP against the same bot some odd 10 or so times? Your opponent's style changes, sure, but the entire premise and how the match will carry out will be basically the same. Bleh.

succotash_54

Revolution Discussion

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:56 pm

They're not archived. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Showing topics 15 of 82..." and there are those scroll boxes, in the third one, select "the beginnning", and you'll be able to pull up those RPs.

I found my old RP.

Minion33088

Revolution Discussion

Post by Minion33088 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Feb 3 2007&#44; 03:52 AM</dd></dl><div> I was also thinking of doing something similar, except that I would provide the same robot for each person (like a simple wedge bot) and they would RP with it. This would show the best RPer.

Following up on the latter idea, I would make a different bot for each weight class. Like a wedgebot for LW, spinner for MW, flipper for HW, and, like, a thwackbot for SHW or something like that, since people are better with different kinds of designs. This way, we could see who's the best RPer for a certain kind of bot. [/quote]

Oh yeah, that'd be great... Two wedge-bots, exactly the same, going at it. Who will get under who if they wedges are identical? Or 2 thwackbots? They'd just sit and spin waiting for the other to move in. Two spinners, that might be slightly more interesting, but what do you really think would happen if two identical spinning weapons hit? Both would be thrown back, both would be broken, both would magically disappear in a cloud of smoke; whatever the result of the impact it'd be exactly the same on each bot. That might get boring fast.

Philip, if you didn't want to write anymore, or just need another one, I'd be up to it. I can't wait to write again. Plus, this semester is going to be boring. lol Too easy, plus I only work once a week anymore.

Siphai

Revolution Discussion

Post by Siphai » Sun Feb 04, 2007 10:45 am

lol, I noticed the boringness of it in my last post.

On another topic, I beat Philip's tl;dr word count with my RP

Mines 1,228, while his is 1,120. =D

Area51Escapee

Revolution Discussion

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:38 am

Semi-final results are up, everybody.

Minion33088

Revolution Discussion

Post by Minion33088 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:40 am

Yay, the semi-final results are up&#33;

I think I'm more upset that AMP won by FF than the fact that Double Dose lost. Nice fight Chris.

My Hands here I come&#33;&#33;&#33; I want my revenge.

Siphai

Revolution Discussion

Post by Siphai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:28 am

I really don't know how Tank stayed on top of Striker for like twenty seconds, and right now I'm so pissed that I honestly don't care.

Fish Of Doom

Revolution Discussion

Post by Fish Of Doom » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:08 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>Feb 5 2007&#44; 05:40 AM</dd></dl><div> My Hands here I come&#33;&#33;&#33; I want my revenge. [/quote]
I'm fresh off revenge of my own. This is going to be epic. Can my throwaway filler bot come back and win it all?

Siphai

Revolution Discussion

Post by Siphai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Well, even with Tank's loss, he's closing in on ToC's record =D

19-6 vs. 21-6, I just need 3 more wins next season and I'll take back my honor =)

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Revolution Discussion

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Very good, though that is a bit of a skewred look since the new season system has a lot of gauenteed fights as opposed to the old system where a championship season could be like 5 or 6 total fights.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Revolution Discussion

Post by Siphai » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:45 pm

lol, in the old season the winner bracket winner would end up with something like 5-0. If you went through the losers bracket, you could end up with something like 7-2. Which would mean that even if the Winner bracket winner, won the competition, if the loser bracket winner lost his first fight he would have the better record. =P

succotash_54

Revolution Discussion

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:20 pm

Now now children. Let us not squabble. Revenge was definitely the story of the HW division this week. Striker gets revenge on Tank, Babaganoush repays Adrenaline for its sole loss....how I'm not sure. I read that fight and thought I was doomed, but hurray and holy cow, finals time here I come. I just hope revenge doesn't end up being the story in the HW division THIS week&#33;

G-Force

Revolution Discussion

Post by G-Force » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:04 pm

oops...

i was on my senior class trip and forgot all about this

:unsure:

Minion33088

Revolution Discussion

Post by Minion33088 » Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Feb 6 2007&#44; 07:04 PM</dd></dl><div> oops...

i was on my senior class trip and forgot all about this

:unsure: [/quote]
:-( I was wondering what happened to you, I was looking forward to a good match. But don't be too hard on yourself, you got to the final four this season, plus there should be more seasons to come.

succotash_54

Revolution Discussion

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Feb 4 2007&#44; 10:45 AM</dd></dl><div> lol, I noticed the boringness of it in my last post.

On another topic, I beat Philip's tl;dr word count with my RP

Mines 1,228, while his is 1,120. =D [/quote]
Sorry Siphai, looks like I reclaim the title. It wasn't my intent, but dangit, this is the Finals, and I've got to beat Chris to claim the Nut. It necessitates a long-ass RP.

My new record: 1,573 words, 6,620 characters (not including spaces)

Again, not intended, and apologies to the judges. I hope it's well-written enough to flow smoothly, otherwise reading it is also gonna suck. It took me about two hours (between breaks and other duties and whatnot) to write that.