Day of Wreckening- Predictions.

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:45 pm

Title says it all, really. What do you think of each robot, and how do you think they'll do? I'll upload my thoughts in a little while, so let's hear yours. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm

MiDAS. That's all I'll say. :v:
Last edited by That Kode Guy on Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:19 pm

OK, here are my views on each robot- in no particular predicted order, but it covers all of them.

Killobyte Octavius
Definitely a potential winner, I'd say. It's Kody, what did you expect? :v:
He's got that great Shockwave-esque design with the Lifting Wedge and Crushing Ram, along with that decent turn of pace and strong armour, so it looks like it could both receive and dish out some real punishment here. It'll need to be careful around certain opponents however, since the slow self-righting and uncertain reliability could cause it problems.

Revolver Ocelot
Another old favourite returns, always a contender with that undercutting bar and reversible chassis. With the experience behind it, it's definitely in with a chance to win here today, but it'll need to be careful around wedges and anything that could block the bar and outpush it. That said though, can this golden oldie go all the way?

Malevolence 2
A solid enough design from Badnik here, with that powerful spinning bar and the anti-wedge skirts, it could definitely cause a few upsets here. With that weak chassis armour however, my only concern would be opponents that can out-damage it in a straight-up firefight.

Discord
As the host, I'm hoping Ice Cubed Robotics' latest Heavyweight do OK with its combination of drive, defence, and powerful dual-weaponry. Other than what I've established already though, don't think I can diverge much else in terms of potential things to exploit. That would be telling. :v:

MiDAS
MiDAS certainly has style in spades with that snazzy gold coating, let's hope he's got the substance as well! He certainly looks like it with that mean-looking axe and lifter combination, but could those exposed wheels and high ground clearance turn it to Fool's Gold? He should do quite well here, though.

Senor Muerte
One of the faster robots in the field at 22mph, Mr Death looks like it could do alright against spinners with that thick armour and the wedges. Time will tell how he does against the other wedges though, particularly without any additional weaponry or side protection.

6pull
This brawny brick looks good with the wedges, thick armour and trapping pegs, along with the highest top speed in the field. My main concerns however, would be its lack of control from those six wheels, as well as the lack of protection around the sides and once it's flipped.

Pulse
There has to be a weakness in there somewhere, you cocky little swine. :P
Seriously however, I do like this design- it's solid enough to resist the big spinners, fast enough to hold its own against the other rammers and wedges out there, and it's adaptable, too. Its tyres and lid look exposed to overhead attacks though, and losing the effectiveness of the scoop when flipped over can't be good for it, either.

Exotherm
Considering it's practically the DoW equivalent of Nightmare, it makes sense that it'd be the feared spinner of the bunch alongside Revolver Ocelot. It should be able to do some fantastic damage with that vertical wheel, but I'm a bit concerned at its "Glass Cannon"-like design, and how its long chassis could spell trouble for it if it's flanked.

NooBot
For a first robot, you could certainly do worse- it looks solid enough with its good armour and low clearance at the front, but I think its lack of invertibility/self-righting or an active weapon will ultimately prove to be its downfall, here. It'd certainly be nice to see him win some matches, though.

C.W.A. 2
Sometimes, I can't tell whether that's two axes or one. :v:
Nevertheless, it does look pretty effective with the combined attacking power and agility, but how will it cope with being flipped?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:30 pm

Some pretty good predictions there I must say man.

Also, as I stated in the main thread. Other than being untested, I can't see any glaring weaknesses on Pulse. Perhaps Pulse's weaknesses will be revealed during this tournament, which is what I'm hoping for. Consider this field testing if you will. You bring up some good points about him, but in the event of being inverted, I'll use the hinged wedge to charge at bots instead. The scoop is really for spinners to face really. Also, unless you're axe is really powerful, I'm not sure how it will damage the Hardox armour. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be rather difficult.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:31 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 05:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Also, unless you're axe is really powerful, I'm not sure how it will damage the Hardox armour. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be rather difficult.[/quote]Try Ti/V alloy, which has all the tensile strength of Hardox but half the density. ;)
Last edited by That Kode Guy on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 05:31 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 05:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Also, unless you're axe is really powerful, I'm not sure how it will damage the Hardox armour. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it would be rather difficult.[/quote]Try Ti/V alloy, which has all the tensile strength of Hardox but half the density. ;)[/quote]You'll have to get a grip on me first, not that I'm gonna let you anyway ;)

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:39 pm

Very interesting field of competitors here. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 6Pull, Revolver Ocelot, Pulse and either MiDAS or Discord is going to make the playoffs, with Malevolence and Killobite just barely missing it.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Probably Rob

Post by Probably Rob » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>C.W.A. 2
Sometimes, I can't tell whether that's two axes or one. :v:
[/quote]

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>but how will it cope with being flipped?
[/quote]

Same self-right issues as Golden Destiny 2.
Last edited by Probably Rob on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:05 pm

Tank is gonna win.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Aug 11 2013, 06:05 PM</dd></dl><div>Tank is gonna win.[/quote]THERE IS NO TANK.

And they've all had their Influenza shots. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:25 am

The skirts are all round on Mr Death

helloface199

Post by helloface199 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 am

Noobot for the world championship of everything everywhere forever of all time.

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:46 am

Mr Death says no.
(I TOLD YOU TO MAKE IT INVERTIBLE)

helloface199

Post by helloface199 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:39 pm

Screw Ms. Death. Ms. Death is WRONG&#33;

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:17 am