A New Weight Class

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

A New Weight Class

Post by prince palatine » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:36 am

I think, since the whole of CFL began, it has been the same 4 weight classes for almost every single tournament in CFL existence. I've been talking with Kody about the potential of having a new weight class added to tournaments (if not, just Crazy Bots, should the new one happen any time soon). The weight class I've been thinking off is the Featherweight category. While I do see a problem with it as far as extra result writing and one more RP to write is concerned, but I generally think this might be a good new way to add something fresh to CFL.

But that's my opinion, and I just wanted to get everybody else's opinions on the matter, whether it be a good or bad idea.

playzooki

A New Weight Class

Post by playzooki » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 am

Nah

Id be up for a tournament of FLW, AW, BW,and FW

Although that would nullify my stat system

NFX

A New Weight Class

Post by NFX » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:46 am

I don't really think it's necessary, in my view. We've already got four classes, I'm thinking that's probably enough. I'm wondering if something like Fantasy Fury returning might add a bit of spice in that regard. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

playzooki

A New Weight Class

Post by playzooki » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:52 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Aug 7 2013&#44; 03:46 PM</dd></dl><div> I don't really think it's necessary, in my view. We've already got four classes, I'm thinking that's probably enough. I'm wondering if something like Fantasy Fury returning might add a bit of spice in that regard. =) [/quote]
Fingers crossed, tonight there will be a new stat system

MadBull

A New Weight Class

Post by MadBull » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 pm

all 4 weight classes are pretty much identical as they are given they all have the same types of robots within the same rules, with some minor discrepancies popping up because of some good robots have historically been entered in certain classes

I really dont see a niche for another weight class

helloface199

A New Weight Class

Post by helloface199 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:03 pm

I like the idea :/

#NewGuy