Interesting thought.

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:00 pm

I was on Skype discussing this with Josh, and... what if we had our own bots fighting each other in rumbles? Of course, for the newer guys this wouldn't be too possible, but for those who've had multiple bots in different categories, it's an interesting concept.

I would take the newest iterations of each bot, by the way. So let's have a look at my LW squad.

Kody's LWs
Scarab III
Anti-Virus 5.0
Troubloon
BlackRose II
Kite

My thoughts:
Personally I'd feel Anti-Virus would have the main advantage. He can stand up to spinners rather well and is invertible to counter Kite's flipper. The question is, how would he fare against BlackRose, whose lifter can control him. Scarab now has a more competent design than before and the drum can remove traction and torque against those pushers. Troubloon I feel is the weakest link because although he has two weapons, they are countered by the multiple weapons rule, and he would go out pretty early. Kite has a powerful flipper but it's not much use against Troubloon, Anti-Virus, and BlackRose who are all perfectly invertible.

PREDICTION
1. Anti-Virus
2. BlackRose
3. Scarab
4. Kite
5. Troubloon

----

I'll have other goes, probably, but for now that'll do. What about you guys? What do you feel about your own bots in a rumble? Or others in their rumbles?

Let the discussion flow. :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Interesting thought.

Post by NFX » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Hmm...I'll do a MW one here. Sticking to the latest iteration of each one, much as Kody suggested.

Cyclone
Freezerburn
Braveheart
Brick
Revolutions Per Minute

Three spinners, two rammers. Cyclone has the disadvantage of exposed wheels, and Freezerburn has the disadvantage of not being invertible, which Braveheart may be able to exploit. With no flippers, though Freezerburn may be able to stay right-side up, but the lack of reach might cause it some problems. Brick should withstand the spinners better than Braveheart would be able to, but Braveheart would be able to bully it around with relative ease. I think Cyclone will lose a wheel pretty early on, and Frequency will be driven around by Braveheart to a KO, but not before dealing a lot of damage itself. Braveheart would I think be able to double team RPM with Brick to take out the ring spinner, and then exploit his wedge to shovel Brick around to his heart's content until the buzzer, maybe managing to high-side the comedy bot to take the win.

1) Braveheart
2) Brick
3) Revolutions Per Minute
4) Freezerburn
5) Cyclone

I think I thought about that too hard.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Interesting thought.

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:46 pm

MW is probably my most interesting so I'll start there.

Josh's MW's
Sarge
Rooster Teeth
The Green Hornet
Clown Breath
King Dedede

With all those active weapons, Sarge is really going to take a beating and the same goes for Dedede. I'm not sure of them being able to survive the high powered spinners. Rooster Teeth will be pinballing around like crazy, and possibly getting flipped over by Sarge early on, so I doubt he'd be able to win. Clown Breath is a good design, but much like Rooster Teeth he has to worry about possibly getting flipped over. Green Hornet is the most stable of the spinners, but also the most susceptible to direct damage. It's best bet will be to use it's undercutting ability to strike when the other spinners are otherwise occupied. He's not so worried about Sarge, but Dedede could really ruin his day. Dedede basically needs to use it's hammer A LOT and protect from getting torn up.

So what I see happening is the spinners ganging up on Sarge early on to put him away early. Dedede can use it's plow side to tank some hits while getting in a shot with the hammer here and there, probably taking out Green Hornet easily enough. From there it depends on how well RT's and CB's weapons hold out. If they gang up on Dedede, he's probably doomed and if it came down to RT and CB, Clown Breath would take it. If one of those two is already gone, or they don't team up on Dedede, then Dedede can probably take out whichever is left. He can bully RT around enough to kill it or knock it over, and Dedede has a good weapon for hitting Clown Breath's big weapon motor. It comes down to whether Clown Breath has enough juice left to KO Dedede before Dedede can pound it into submission.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Interesting thought.

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:12 am

Let's look into my SHW rumble, cause that would be pretty crazy too.

Josh's SHW's
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II (it's pretty much a completly different bot from the first one)
It
Predator
Final Boss
Tali'Zorah
Hector LeMans
Mack the Knife (yeah Backlash got canceled, but why the hell not? lol)

Wow, check out all the vertical spinners/drumbots! Hilariously, Final Boss could probably drive completely underneath the orginal Godfather without touching him. Anyway, the first Godfather's saw rack probably won't be able to do much of anything to Final Boss or Tali, but it may be able to scoop up one of the other spinners if he can catch them off guard. Godfather Part II is really handicapped by having a high steep wedge leading to the drum so I'm not seeing much action for him. It can run around cutting things with it's dual vertical discs, but is at serious risc of getting flipped over. Predator is a simple low drum bot that should be able to stick and move. Final Boss, low as he is, is going to be a nightmare for a lot of these vertical spinners. Tali will probably use the wedge since the roller has more limited utility against vertical spinners than horizontal ones but will still be able to tank hits like no one's business. Hector has a good advantage in being able to attack from the front or back (and being difficult to get a good grip on). And Mack the Knife, well, his dual upwards and downwards spinners might be able to juggle around someone for a little bit.

So as far as the fight, Final Boss will probalby knock over It quickly and get it out of the way. Mack the Knife will probably find a corner and play hazard for awhile, letting Final Boss and Tali feed it other bots. The Godfather will enjoy its 3 miles of ground clearance to be a complete pain in the ass for Final Boss until Tali or Godfather Part II plows it and uses a drum or other weapon to flip him over on his side. Godfather Part II himself will be taken out by one of the wedges at some point. Hector is going to be running around like madman attack someone at every oppertunity, while Predator will be a bit more cautious and probably play it closer to Mack the Knife. Hector probably rips off a skirt or two on Final Boss before taking a lot of hazard damage and getting put down. With some wedging gone, Final Boss becomes easy prey for Tali's wedge and gets fed to Mack and Predator until going down for the count. From here Tali exploits her tanking ability to bully Mack and Predator (probably feeding one to the other) and then hazarding whichever is left, likely giving Tali the rumble.

Oh hell, this is kind of fun, let's keep going!

Josh's LW's
Spike
O'Malley
Zombie Killer
Dr. Robotnik

Wow, only 4? Screw you Zombie Killer. :P Anyway, Spike is fucked since it's a two wheeled ring spinner. It can't do much more than spin in place until starts going all unbalanced and shit. O'Malley is a nice, boring, dual-bar spinner to match against the single disc of Robotnik. And Zombie Killer (I guess we'll use that last version that has actually competed, not the brand new one) is a boring as can be brick. So what's going to give first?

Well the other 3 are going to completely ignore Spike for the time being since he's effectively harmless. O'Malley and Robotnik would be best served by ganging up on ZK who is probably going to lose his wedge and get the crap kicked out of him after awhile. The winner is probably going to be decided by who ZK focuses more of his attention on, so either O'Malley or Robotnik (probably it'll be Robotnik since he is a bit quicker and can hit harder) will outlast the ZK beatdown and then clownstomp Spike as a victory lap.

And finally, HW's...

Josh's HW's
Truth or Consequences
Redemption Denied
Arbiter
Revolver Ocelot
King K. Rool

Well going by history Redemption Denied's Flipper will get killed after a couple flips and Arbiter would barely be able to wedge Ocelot. :rolleyes: But seriously now, Redemption Denied is going to be hampered by it's rediculously large flipper set up and is going to get pwned hard. Ocelot will probably be content to play hazard. ToC is going to put on a flipping clinic, while Arbiter is going to be wishing it was ToC. K. Rool is going to be a big bullying tank.

So Ocelot finds himself a nice little corner to set up in and waits around. ToC or even Arbiter flip over RD and leave him for dead early on. K. Rool will bully Arbiter, since he can wedge him pretty easily, into hazards and Ocelot and eventually kill him. Then we'll get a showdown between K. Rool and ToC. ToC probably edges that one out since he's more manuverable. Then Ocelot comes out of it's slumber and wrecks ToC's shit (or even K. Rool if he should defeat ToC) and takes the rumble.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:49 am

Awesome. Don't think we've had a HW one so I'll indulge.

Kody's HWs
Shadow Zone Forever v5
Wedginator X
Killobite Sigma
Cutie Honey
Spectrum of Eternity

The fact that there is one spinner here speaks volumes. Especially one without a srimech against HOW MANY FLIPPERS? And even Killobite has lifting forks. Spectrum will meet an early end. From there I don't see Cutie Honey lasting long against the superior wedges, none of which will allow her "spike tactic" to work. She may be faster but I don't think they will let her get to their sides. Killobite or Wedginator will then probably go, unless Killobite manages to get under the sides of SZF.

But then you have to consider SZF being the top dog in this fight, and EVERYONE is going to try and take him out first. If you consider that, then there will be enough of a hindrance to make him lose the rumble. I see Cutie Honey flipping Spectrum over, and I see Killobite getting under Wedginator and feeding it to killsaws. This rumble is really up in the air, but what I see:

1. Killobite
2. Cutie Honey
3. Shadow Zone Forever
4. Wedginator
5. Spectrum of Eternity

That Kode Guy

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:51 am

Also, I kind of realized. Cutie Honey vs. Wedginator would be fucking hilarious. Cutie Honey is based off Ripper Evo and Wedginator is almost an exact carbon-copy of Shane Swan's latest version of Envy. Roaming Robots rivalry, anyone? :P

That Kode Guy

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:55 am

well I'm bored, so I'll draw out the rest of my teams

Kody's MWs
Solstice (yes I'm counting Backlash :P just this once) 3.0
Perseus
Terminus
Jinx II
Ultraviolence
Luna
Xianghua IV

So yeah, the big difference between this and the HW rumble? SPINNERS AND AXES. Xianghua stands out as the lone flipper. The problem Xianghua faces here is that all the spinners are completely invertible, and the axebots can right themselves fairly quickly. Perseus has a good concave shape for tanking spinner hits, but his armour won't hold up for too long. He does have the most weapon power out of any of the axebots though. Terminus is probably the most robust axebot to take hits, but he has a lot of edges to rip into. Jinx has the LOOOOOONG FORKS and huge hammer range, but that hasn't stopped spinners like Freezerburn from tearing her a new one.

All three of the spinners? Jesus christ. The current Solstice (3.0) is pretty much Ultraviolence with smaller teeth. They even have similar stats. Ultraviolence however outranges Solstice. Luna has by far the most weapon power. And is the fastest. Otherwise, they're all exactly the same.

How will the battle go? I see the axebots being attacked first. Jinx will probably go first due to mediocre armour, and then Perseus. Terminus, amazingly, should hold out the longest. Xianghua will probably capitalize on a weakened spinner (Solstice, probably) and flip it around until something breaks. One of the other two spinners will go after Xianghua and kill her, while the remaining one takes out Terminus. And between Ultraviolence and Luna, I'll take Luna's higher weapon power and speed.

1. Luna
2. Ultraviolence
3. Terminus
4. Xianghua
5. Solstice
6. Perseus
7. Jinx

----

Kody's SHWs
Fulcrum II
Tax Cutter
Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
Count Bleck
Industrial Bastardization
Teresa

This is more diverse. We've got a four-bar flipper/scoop, a weirdly-shaped horizontal spinner, a dustpan/flipper hybrid, a ring spinner with omni-drive capabilities, a thwackbot with massive armour, and a lifter with a pneumatic spike in the lifter.

Industrial Bastardization is by the far the tank of the fight. Tax Cutter and Count Bleck may be weapon-happy, but 12 armour will fucking STALL. The wheels, however, are another story. Teresa I think is the only bot capable of controlling Industrial Bastardization, due to the lifter being able to pin. PA:EC may be able to do the same with his dustpan, but IB has a better chance of escaping PA:EC than Teresa. Fulcrum can probably kill Count Bleck pretty easily, and render Tax Cutter somewhat less effective. He's a bit of a tank too. His sides are ripe for thwacking, though. None of the non-spinners have weak armour, so I doubt a spinner will win this.

So Count Bleck will get put on his classy head. Tax Cutter's weapon will go out and then he'll be beaten into the floor. And I'd say the rest would make it to a decision, assuming Fulcrum doesn't run out of gas for the flipper.

1. Teresa
2. Industrial Bastardization
3. Fulcrum
4. Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
5. Tax Cutter
6. Count Bleck

----

Well, that's me done. I'll have a go at some other teams possibly.

playzooki

Interesting thought.

Post by playzooki » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:50 pm

I guess Murder and slaughter seperately count as heavyweights so.........
Team Playz

That Kode Guy

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:43 am

(update; I got bored again)

Kody's Lightweights
Scarab III
Anti-Virus 5.0
Troubloon 9.0
BlackRose III
Kite
Airazor

So now we have a crusher join the ranks in the form of Airazor. Troubloon and BlackRose have been updated as well. But... I don't see too much being different in this rumble. Airazor has vulnerability to flippers, but Kite would get destroyed by either Troubloon or Scarab first. Troubloon is much more competent this time around, so look for him to last longer. And BlackRose looks nearly unstoppable, though that's based on the CAD only and not stats. Same with Troubloon.

I see Scarab getting fucked up early on, and then either Kite or Anti-Virus to go via Troubloon or Airazor. After that, it's a toss-up. BlackRose certainly has the aggression, but that crusher could weave about and get the sides. And then leave herself open to a Troubloon attack.

6. Scarab
5. Kite
4. Anti-Virus
3. BlackRose
2. Airazor
1. Troubloon
----

Kody's Middleweights
Solstice 3.0
Perseus
Terminus
Jinx III
Ultraviolence
Luna
Xianghua IV
Solve et Coagula

We have Solve et Coagula enter the rumble, making it 8 bots! Jinx also gets an update. So this should be very interesting.

Well, as menacing as Solve looks, the amount of spinners in here is telling, and he isn't the best for that. On the other hand, this is really great for Jinx, who is now no longer so vulnerable to FBS/ring spinner weaponry. Perseus has the concave shape as always, and Terminus has a more sturdy bucket scoop. Xianghua has the nice flipper that can juggle dem motherfuckers around. As for the spinners, we've been through that already, but hey. Ultraviolence has the range, Luna has the weapon power, and Solstice is Ultraviolence with smaller range.

Well the spinners won't have it so easy in this one. Shockingly I think Luna will go out first thanks to Jinx. Solve will then get knocked around by one of the remaining spinners. Probably Ultraviolence. Xianghua then comes in and tosses him around before it is also axed and destroyed by Jinx. Solve then dies. Perseus gets fucked up by Solstice; Jinx goes after him but his smaller teeth also him to keep spinning. Xianghua tosses Terminus around for fun, and then time would end, I think.

8. Luna
7. Ultraviolence
6. Solve et Coagula
5. Perseus
4. Terminus
3. Solstice
2. Xianghua
1. Jinx
----

Kody's Heavyweights
Shadow Zone Forever v6
Wedginator X
Killobite Octavius
Cutie Honey II
Spectrum of Eternity
Murder Bar

A few updates here, with SZF, Honey, and Killobite getting some. Murder Bar also enters as a newbie spinner.

With a fellow spinner beside him, Spectrum won't feel so overshadowed this time. Wedginator X is now really vulnerable due to the narrow front. Honey now has true thwacking spikes and SZF has the horns, lol. Killobite however has had the most drastic change and that is the spiked lifting plate. A far more controllable lifter than the previous version. He is also more resistant to spinners, too. Murder Bar is basically your standard Last Rites clone with a wedge, but that doesn't take away from the fact that he will do massive fucking damage.

Well Wedginator will try, but he will get ripped to shreds in the early-going. I do see Spectrum getting taken advantage of afterwards and again being sent topsides. Murder Bar then takes advantage and takes Cutie Honey out with a massive hit to the left tire that rips it completely out. Killobite then takes out Murder Bar, and then Killobite and SZF duke it out until the end, with neither able to capitalize on the other.

6. Wedginator
5. Spectrum
4. Cutie Honey
3. Murder Bar
2. Killobite
1. Shadow Zone Forever
----

Kody's Superheavyweights
Fulcrum II
Tax Cutter
Parental Advisory: Explicit Content 2
Count Bleck
Industrial Bastardization
Teresa

Well the only real different thing about this is PA:EC's redesign; its flipper design is lower and it has actual weight to the dustpan now. Other than that, nothing too different here.

Count Bleck will again get pwned. Here I think Industrial Bastardization will get de-wheeled by Tax Cutter, sadly. But then Tax Cutter goes out due to a team attack by the other three. Fulcrum and PA:EC then flip Teresa around until the end.

6. Count Bleck
5. Industrial Bastardization
4. Tax Cutter
3. Teresa
2. Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
1. Fulcrum
----

NWOWWE

Interesting thought.

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:25 am

I have a few relevent updates as well!

Josh's LW's
Spike
O'Malley
Zombie Killer
Dr. Robotnik

Well still the same list, but now Spike can do more than just cower and fail in the corner waiting for the end to come. This changes things a bit. With 3 high powered spinners around, Zombie Killer will get ripped up and should go down first. O'Malley probably falls second since he's the slowest of the three spinners. From there it's Robotnik's game since even if his weapon goes out, he can still use his rear spike wedges to push Spike around.

4. Zombie Killer
3. O'Malley
2. Spike
1. Dr. Robotnik

Josh's MW's
Sarge
Rooster Teeth
The Green Hornet
Clown Breath
King Dedede

Well the main update is a revamped Dedede which may help him a bit more against the spinner trio. Sarge will still be an early target since it has the best chance at flipping over RT and Clown Breath, and they REALLY don't want that to happen. So unfortunetly the only Team Blood Gulch MW champion will still go down first. Dedede will probably be able to take out Green Hornet with it's hammer in the meanwhile. Then the next big target is Clown Breath's big weapon motor housing which is prime hammer fodder. By this point Dedede will be feeling rather wrecked so Rooster Teeth should be able to pick it off.

5. Sarge
4. Green Hornet
3. Clown Breath
2. King Dedede
1. Rooster Teeth

Josh's HW's
Truth or Consequences
Redemption Denied
Arbiter
Revolver Ocelot
King K. Rool
Ridley

Well, Ocelot gains a spinner ally in Ridley and ToC has a newer version that is a bit more ready to deal with spinners. Redemption Denied is still completely screwed. I'd be shocked if it actually got a flip in on anything. Arbiter is a bit better off as it could probably take a couple hits/flips, but still can't do much to retalitate. Meanwhile K. Rool is still bulldozing around, bothering the spinners because ToC would flip him around mercilessly. ToC will probably focus a bit more on Ocelot than Ridly since Ocelot doesn't have any secondary defenses. Ridley should take out K. Rool eventually, but will be pretty worn down by the end. So that leaves us with a scarred and beaten ToC against a worn out Ridley. Ultimately ToC can still push Ridley around if neither of their weapons work and is bulky enough to absorb some thwacking from the spinner.

6. Redemption Denied
5. Arbiter
4. Revolver Ocelot
3. King K.Rool
2. Ridley
1. Truth or Consequences

Josh's SHW's
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
It
Predator
Mack The Knife
Final Boss
Tali'Zorah
Hector LeMans
The Godfather Part III

Yowza, this is almost a full sized rumble... With drums, vertical spinners and wedges galore, It will probably be the first one out since it's so vulernable to a side stranding. Godfather I should be the next to go for similar reasons, but again it's super high ground clearance ironically makes it a bit tougher for the wedges to get it. Godfather II should follow next since it doesn't really have the tools to attack anyone in this rumble well, but will still be tough to take out himself. Tali will likely focus on Hector next since that has the must destructive power of all the bots left, and Final Boss will deal with the inferior wedges of Godfather III and Predator, but they should be able to screw up some of it's skirting along the way. Mack will once again play hazard most of the time, but even that will take it's toll on him as it'll probably lose it's weapon at some point and become easy fodder for Tali or Final Boss. Ultimately we'll come to a showdown between Tali and Final Boss. Tali should have the advantage since Final Boss will be short a few skirts by this point and Tali is a bit more durable overall.

9. It
8. The Godfather
7. The Godfather Part II
6. Predator
5. Hector LeMans
4. Mack The Knife
3. The Godfather Part III
2. Final Boss
1. Tali'Zorah

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Interesting thought.

Post by GF93 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:40 am

I might try a MW one actually, see how that goes. There aren't many at the moment, so it'll have to be a Mayhem rather than an all-out Annihilator for now.

ICR Middleweights
Dreadnought Mk 1
Marauder
Decapitator

Dreadnought and Marauder are both pretty tough, whilst Decapitator's more of a glass cannon, even with that heavy front end. It is the fastest however, and has the key advantage of the most damaging weapon, at the cost of an increased vulnerability to the Flippers.
Marauder is invertible and undoubtedly the toughest of the bunch, but it lacks offensive power, whilst Dreadnought has a decent balance of speed, control and defence, as well as a pair of relatively strong weapons in its Flipper and Pneumatic Spike.

So the way I see it, I can imagine Decapitator and Dreadnought both taking advantage of Marauder's slower speed to flip and axe it in a pincer attack, losing it the favour of the Judges despite using the Lifting Plate to counterattack at times.
So then it'll come down to Decapitator and Dreadnought- it'll be quite back-and-forth, with several flips and shoves between the two, but the way I see it, Decapitator should be able to utilise its superior speed and agility, along with the axe, to take it on damage and aggression.

3) Marauder
2) Dreadnought
1) Decapitator
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Interesting thought.

Post by NFX » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:41 am

Sure, this was fun. I'll give the Heavyweights a go this time. =)

Cryoseism
Kraze
MiDAS
Pursuit

A spinner, a flipper, an axe and a rammer. Seems like a pretty diverse selection of bots, even if it is only four. I was tempted to throw Stormbringer in there, but that's only seen action on FRA and GTM. Pursuit has the speed necessary to bully Cryoseism about, but I don't think it's wedgy enough to get underneath Kraze, and it'll have a tough time getting underneath MiDAS as well. I see Pursuit and Cryoseism going at each other's throats to start the rumble, with Kraze and MiDAS having their own little fight. It'll probably be quite close between those two, they're both Jack-Of-All-Trades sort of machines, MiDAS having the better weaponry and pushiness, but Kraze probably doing better in terms of manouverability and armour. Kraze's suction fan would help it get under MiDAS, and when the two pairs inevitably tangle, I think Cryoseism will do a serious number on MiDAS. Skirts will go flying, wheels will probably get torn up a little, and MiDAS will eventually sputter to a halt. Cryoseism, I reckon, would probably tear a few pieces out of Kraze, maybe take a chunk of skirting off, but I don't think it will be able to escape Pursuit, who would end up hazardizing it enough to knock something loose, or probably send it upside-down into the pulverizers or something, so that would probably go next. Pursuit's lack of wedge and manouverability would be a problem, so I think Kraze would get more attacks in during the latter stages, but Purusit would just shrug it off and keep coming back. Match would go to the Judges, I think, and the scores would be as follows:

Aggression: 10-5 Pursuit
Damage: 9-6 Pursuit
Strategy: 8-7 Kraze

Pursuit takes a 26-19 decision and the Team Mongoose heavyweight rumble.

1) Pursuit
2) Kraze
3) Cryoseism
4) MiDAS

On a side note, if I were giving MiDAS new system stats, I think they would probably be something along these lines, if the relational Wedge stat was being used instead of the comparative Wedge stat.

Spd: 7
Tra: 5
Tor: 2
Wdg: 4
Wep: 6
Arm: 6

If it was a comparative Wedge stat, then I think I'd be stuffed, unless I went for a CH-style allocation, probably sticking a point in Speed, Traction and Armour.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

BEES

Interesting thought.

Post by BEES » Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 pm

Lightweights
Annoying Box Rush
Exotherm II
Skate

ABR's record far surpasses the other bots in this weight class, but that does not mean that it would win necessarily. Personally I feel that Exotherm is an equally good design that never had the success that it should've had (aside from beating Underall that one time). Skate, while an ineffective design for 1-on-1 would be pretty good in a rumble and it may well win this rumble due to its speed and ability to get under the other two sneakily. I'll be boring and give this one to ABR though because I think if someone else were writing, that is the most likely outcome by far.

Middleweights
Influenza
Stingray
Glory Hole

Well Glory Hole's a joke bot, so this is really a two bot match. I think the outcome of Stingray vs Influenza depends heavily on which stat system and incarnation you use. The current version of INF abuses the walker rules and the wedge stat. This would not be close, consequently. Influenza would clean house. The wedge stat severely nerfs Stingray and it is ineffective against this kind of spinner without more armor points on its weapon.

*edit - actually one thing Stingray could try to do is to pick up Glory Hole and use it as a meatshield to ram Influenza with. With only 3 speed Glory Hole is too slow to do anything about this sadistic plan. Hilariously that might work pretty well. Now I'm not so sure who wins. One-on-one it would be a different story but Glory Hole gets to be kingmaker here. Eh, I'm still going to say Influenza but this would make for an interesting counterplay on Stingray's part.

Heavyweights
Parasite
Probot
V'Ger

Ah, a really fun match! I think this would be a cutthrought rumble. I'm inclined to give it to Parasite but Probot and V'Ger would both put up a good fight.

Superheavyweights
Minion
Manta
Exotherm III
MDU
Barracuda
Sphere O' Fear

The only proper "rumble" my team can actually field. I've had a successful bot in the other three weight classes that I re-entered into multiple competitions. But I have yet to field a superheavyweight that has made the playoffs, so with a different robot for each competition I entered, the SHWs have a lot of variety.

MDU and Sphere O' Fear immediately would narrow it down. Minion and Exotherm would be quickly knocked out with these dangerous bots around. Manta would be a bit more resiliant, and I think it could potentially prevail and land the lethal flip on MDU except for the issue of Barracuda being designed mostly to abuse the wedge stat and present an impassable barrier for bots like Manta. Thing is though... Manta competed before there was a walker bonus. If we put both robots under one stat system, it's not so clear where the advantage lies.

How all this plays out is difficult to say. I could see either MDU, Manta, or Barracuda running away with it at the end depending on the order that the bots hit each other. SOF's weapon motor is too exposed for my liking, and the bot has other design deficiencies that make me think it would not survive a whole rumble.

I think Manta is a bit more susceptible to the weapons on the spinners and Barracuda's axe. Manta's a flat design that hugs the floor, and those are perfect for axes to pound on. Ultimately I see it surviving less rumbles than it dies in.

Barracuda also has to be careful as its 8-armor is not totally impervious to SOF's and MDU's powerful weapons. I think it would be severely bashed up by the end but that it comes out as the last bot standing a plurality of the time.

That Kode Guy

Interesting thought.

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:40 pm

I'll have another crack at this:

Kody's Lightweights
Scarab III
Anti-Virus 5.0
Troubloon 9.0
BlackRose III
Kite
Airazor
Just One Fix

Okay, now that I've acknowledged that Just One Fix is on my team, he gets into the rumble. So things pan out differently.

We know Scarab has lethal weaponry, Airazor has good speed, BlackRose and Anti-Virus are bricky as ever, and Kite is a dud. Just One Fix had good wedge and weapon, but was slow. The only question mark is Troubloon. But Troubloon would likely have high weapon power and nearly non-existant speed.

Anyway, the battle? Who's the biggest threat? Scarab's performance in Ruination 2 is telling, so a few might go after him, but BlackRose is Public Enemy #1. Airazor is probably the perfect counter to BlackRose and Anti-Virus, but what of the spinners? Kite would again get wrecked, but maybe not as much as before. Just One Fix is the versatile one, with that big-ass lifting scoop and disc at back. However, he has horrible armour and bad control.

So here's what I think will happen. Scarab will take out Just One Fix, but then get flipped about by Kite. Meanwhile Airazor tries taking out BlackRose, and Anti-Virus and Troubloon fight each other, with Airazor and Anti-Virus winning those struggles. They then will help Kite take out Scarab. Kite then gets roughed up by the other two who make it to a judges decision.

7. Just One Fix
6. BlackRose
5. Scarab
4. Troubloon
3. Kite
2. Anti-Virus
1. Airazor
----

Kody's Middleweights
Solstice 3.0
Perseus
Jinx III
Ultraviolence
Luna II
Xianghua IV
Solve et Coagula
Mimete 1.1

Terminus is on Lian's team now, so not including him. Mimete however joins the ranks. So now we have four fembots and four duds. SeC being the biggest dud. Mimete can handle spinners better than the old Terminus could, but what about the axes? Perseus and Jinx are beastly, really. And the redesigned Luna looks devastating...

What happens? All the non-spinners gang up on Luna. :P So she'd go out first. Then probably Perseus goes, after getting too much damage. But Solstice probably bites the dust after that. Ultraviolence then takes both himself and Solve et Coagula out, leaving the rest to fight it out against each other. Mimete wouldn't last long against Jinx and then flip a coin between Jinx and Xianghua...

8. Luna
7. Perseus
6. Solstice
5. Solve et Coagula
4. Ultraviolence
3. Mimete
2. Xianghua
1. Jinx
----

Kody's Heavyweights
Shadow Zone Forever v6
Wedginator X
Killobite Octavius
Cutie Honey II
Spectrum of Eternity
Murder Bar
Transgression

Transgression is an experimental HW and will probably not do that well. But anyway...

Cutie Honey is as much of a pest as ever, but thankfully Shadow Zone Forever is there to stop her. Wedginator is still spinner-fodder, sadly, but Killobite will take advantage, likely enough. Spectrum is viable for a flipping and Murder Bar is that darn Last Rites clone.

Well I don't see Transgression surviving long, getting either flipped by one of the three flippers, or torn into. Cutie Honey's abysmal body armour will probably get eaten into and she's out. Wedginator to follow. Shadow Zone Forever of course will take out Spectrum, and Murder Bar will heavily damage Killobite but then get immobilized from piercer damage. Shadow Zone Forever will then take out Killobite and remain at the top of his game.

7. Transgression
6. Cutie Honey
5. Wedginator
4. Spectrum of Eternity
3. Murder Bar
2. Killobite
1. Shadow Zone Forever
----

Kody's Superheavyweights
Fulcrum II
Tax Cutter 4
Parental Advisory: Explicit Content 2
Count Bleck
Industrial Bastardization II
Teresa II
Master of Savagery

Holy fuck. Well Teresa is a force to be utterly reckoned with (and despised for being so), so I think she'll get ganged up on right away. Otherwise Master of Savagery brings new weaponry to the Zlayerz' SHW table with side and front axes. Tax Cutter and IB return with refreshed designs. Count Bleck remains the megalomaniacal pinball wizard and Fulcrum is still THAT scoop.

Well Teresa is going to survive long enough to take out one of the spinners (Count Bleck) probably but then get utterly destroyed. The other spinner then gets ganged up on but pulls a Teresa and manages to take a robot with him, which would be PA:EC. Then Fulcrum, IB, and MoS fight amongst themselves. To the judges!

7. Count Bleck
6. Teresa
5. Tax Cutter
4. Parental Advisory: Explicit Content
3. Master of Savagery
2. Fulcrum
1. Industrial Bastardization
----

welp, that was fun. :v:

NWOWWE

Interesting thought.

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:09 pm

It's been awhile and I have a few changes to consider as well.

Josh's LW's:
Spike
O'Malley
Zombie Killer
Dr. Robotnik

After all these years and tournaments this is still my smallest rumble. There's really only one change from last time, I wrote the last rumble before I beefed up Spike's weapon.

So the spinners probably gang up on Zombie Killer and put him out of commission early. Poor guy can't catch a break these days. The next to fall would be O'Malley since he's the weakest spinner in the pack. By now Spike is really pinballing around and again Dr. Robotnik should be able to at least push him around when both of their weapons finally give out.

4. Zombie Killer
3. O'Malley
2. Spike
1. Dr. Robotnik

Josh's MW's:
Sarge
Rooster Teeth
The Green Hornet
Clown Breath
King Dedede
Harbinger

So Harby enters into the fray and Green Hornet has ressurected his career, that does change the dynamic a bit. We're petty evenly split with 3 spinners and 3 bots with wedges/hammers. Rooster Teeth likely would be out freelancing and to an extent so would Clown Breath. Sarge probably goes for Tooths and looks to topple him over early on to remove the deadly hockey puck from the fight. Hornet probably sticks to a corner and scares off anyone that tries to approach the disc. Harbinger and Dedede would probably double-team Clown Breath and send him the way of Rooster Teeth. The spinners are fading fast. Sarge goes in hard with the plow on Hornet and once it's slowed down either Harbinger can clamp and slam Hornet around or Dedede can pound him into submission. Of course Hornet is resiliant enough to take down one of those two before giving up the ghost. More than likely Harbinger since it can't do as much to Hornet as Dedede can. After that Dedede really isn't a match for Sarge's lifter.

6. Rooster Teeth
5. Clown Breath
4. Harbinger
3. The Green Hornet
2. King Dedede
1. Sarge

Josh's HW's:
Truth or Consequences
Redemption Denied
Arbiter
Revolver Ocelot
King K. Rool
Ridley

Not much to switch up here, although the main thing is that Ridley's tail will likely get lost early on which cause's him to fall behind Ocelot later on in the match.

6. Redemption Denied
5. Arbiter
4. Ridley
3. King K.Rool
2. Revolver Ocelot
1. Truth or Consequences

Josh's SHW:
The Godfather
The Godfather Part II
It
Predator
Mack The Knife
Final Boss
Tali'Zorah
Hector LeMans
Jack Frost

Godfather Part III is out, to be replaced by Jack Frost and what a substitution that is. All the vertical spinners are now dead terrified of him. Final Boss also reverts back to being a flipper which will create some new possibilities as well.

As always, It is pretty much screwed since it has no way to save itself once it gets knocked over. Hector is still best served just charging around freelancing while Frost likely makes his primary target Final Boss. Tali enjoys picking off the weaker vert spinners like the Godfather duo and Mack the Knife. Predator hangs back in a corner trying not to be noticed, but eventually gets taken out by Tali as well. Boss and Frost go at each other, but Frost probably gets the better of that fight eventually. Of course Frost still has Tali to deal with and even if her wedge is beat up, she still has the plows ready to go to wear down what's left of Frost's weapon.

9. It
8. The Godfather
7. The Godfather Part II
6. Mack the Knife
5. Hector LeMans
4. Predator
3. Final Boss
2. Jack Frost
1. Tali'Zorah