Ruination: The Omen - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:53 pm

aaargh i like both and cant bear to not use one of them what do i do???

thanks btw :3

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Guess I'll do my stock take to wrap my season off

Don't Tread On Me: Was a good concept on paper, but matches aren't won on paper. Got handed a very tough draw and 2 FF's didn't help him. But 4-7 is good enough for me, so I'll take that I guess. What's the future for him? Well, with Epicdemic in the picture and some potential new designs to be drawn up, DTOM's future is in serious doubt. But I don't want to retire him, but then again it will be placed so far on the backburner it may not return. Redesign or give it away to someone else maybe?

Merry Hampton: I am very happy with his performance, joint 3rd place and hung tough with the divisions best. Has already been redesigned and is destined to be my flagship MW

Klarinette: Hell yeah! HW champ baby! How I have no idea. Still somewhat surprised, went undefeated against all spinners (bar one FF) And stormed on to win the Sarge award. Nette-Chan will take a well deserved rest. Most likely until Ruination 3 to defend her crown.

Curse of the Deep: well, well, well... What a shocker he's been. The center of controversy since it's return and turned back many great bots on it's way to the semis and won an award too. Very happy there. I feel a redesign is in order. Maybe turn into a more conventional ring spinner?

Many thanks to all for great matches and to Kody for hosting this! :D

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:50 pm

In the meantime, I'll see if I can invent something for LI2 that can resist axes a bit better. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 12:50 PM</dd></dl><div>In the meantime, I'll see if I can invent something for LI2 that can resist axes a bit better. :v:[/quote]More armour points. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 01:07 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 12:50 PM</dd></dl><div>In the meantime, I'll see if I can invent something for LI2 that can resist axes a bit better. :v:[/quote]More armour points. :v:[/quote]All part of the plan, Kody- if you look on the CBNBC page, you'll see that I've improved the Armour a bit already.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Admirable. Yet you have to understand that it will pretty much come down to armour in regards to fending off axes. I'm not saying that every design is dependent only on strong armour for survival, but stuff like extra padding on top is totally superfluous in this case.

It's like when Joey put in mounds and mounds of stats in his ARC: Armageddon entry. We don't want to read for more than 30 seconds. Yes having a more-than-vague description helps *cough*Fidchell*cough* but loads and loads of stats just for the sake of having loads and loads of stats don't exactly help you win battles. :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 01:29 PM</dd></dl><div>Admirable. Yet you have to understand that it will pretty much come down to armour in regards to fending off axes. I'm not saying that every design is dependent only on strong armour for survival, but stuff like extra padding on top is totally superfluous in this case.

It's like when Joey put in mounds and mounds of stats in his ARC: Armageddon entry. We don't want to read for more than 30 seconds. Yes having a more-than-vague description helps *cough*Fidchell*cough* but loads and loads of stats just for the sake of having loads and loads of stats don't exactly help you win battles. :v:[/quote]I'm not exactly thinking of just that, this time. Whilst I'm going to keep the idea of having the Cushioned Lid, I'm thinking of something similar to Tornedron or Panic Attack itself as well- a whole new attachment for the top that provides extra protection at the cost of running inverted.

It should keep Axes and Crushers from directly hitting the main chassis- it'll all go to the extension on the top, damaging that but leaving the rest of the chassis relatively undamaged, ergo allowing LI2 to maintain as good a peak structural and internal condition as possible when fighting those types of designs. Besides just making killer robots, I like to invent things for them, too.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:39 pm

Updated Red Zone to be a lot more efficient inverted. Would spend more time fixing the design, but this has been a hellish week (and it's going to be harder once Rain of Steal starts) so I'm probably going to keep my team pretty much as is.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:41 pm

Awesome. Now if you posted in the right place to let us know that, that'd be even better. ;)

Also yes I really do like the newer Red Zone.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:43 pm

The new Red Zone...that's definitely one of the best LWs I've seen.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 6 2014, 01:41 PM</dd></dl><div>Awesome. Now if you posted in the right place to let us know that, that'd be even better. ;)

Also yes I really do like the newer Red Zone.[/quote]Wow. I am so out of it this week. *haha*

I blame there being too many discussion threads&#33;

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2014, 01:29 PM</dd></dl><div>It's like when Joey put in mounds and mounds of stats in his ARC: Armageddon entry. We don't want to read for more than 30 seconds. Yes having a more-than-vague description helps *cough*Fidchell*cough* but loads and loads of stats just for the sake of having loads and loads of stats don't exactly help you win battles. :v:[/quote]BWAHAHAHA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; Joey was always livid that people didn't read his bot descriptions.... and then when he LOST a fight because of something he wrote in his bot description that someone bothered to read, well then he got even more pissed. Hey, you don't your bot stuck to the top of a wedgebot, don't f'ing say its magnets are so powerful that the only way to lift it off the floor was to drive it onto a piece of plywood&#33; Yeah, sux when it comes back to bite your ass&#33;