Ruination: The Omen - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 05:09 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 01:13 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 12:34 PM</dd></dl><div>did i get a nomination for something at least? ;-;[/quote]Here's one. Phantasmic Slammer gets a nomination from me for the Robot Most in Need of Retiring Award. :P [/quote]Or as I like to call it, the "The Windmill/Force Feedback/Tank/Eurypterus/Barrier/AMP/Truth Or Consequence/Come up with a new design and be afraid to fail instead of using rested laurels bots every damn season&#33;" Award[/quote]Nicely put. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:33 pm

I don't need to come up with new robots to fail Philip. My old guards can handle that quite nicely.

And of course I HAVE come up with new bots and failed so as a matter of fact I can do both thank you very much. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:49 pm

I can understand defending a championship title, especially because as I've found out, everyone wants to brag that they're the one who took down the king. And I'd even toyed with the idea of having an all-star team myself (but I never got that ARC title to get it done until I was getting ready to move), but ultimately, that is why Cow Tipper retired after winning. After doing it with that design, I wanted to move on and try new and fun things. It's kind of sad that all my champ bots were created for or before the first Fantasy Fury, but I enjoy the experimenting and the close rides I've had. I think I just need a runner-up in the LW division and I'll have a runner-up in every weight class as well as a champ

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:28 pm

I entered my all star team in Armageddon because I thought that was pretty much gonna be the last tournament so I felt it was the best way to go out with a bang. Prior to that Tank was retired back after Redemption, and Eurypterus in Reckoning. Force Feedback will be retired at the end of this tournament.

The Windmill isn't retired but I've been fucking around with Dr. P to much to find space to bring him back. Dr. P has over 30 losses at the moment and my current 'project' has been to get him over .500. Fighting Rascal with Windmill again does make it tempting, though, especially after them fighting words. I should bring them all back just to spite Philip.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:34 pm

My main reason for bringing Force Feedback back for this tournament was simply because I was out of robots and out of ideas. Automaton just wasn't working and needs an overhall that I'm still brainstorming for. I just don't have a lot of MWs, since Tank and Flank Attack took up that spot way back in the day, and then Scorpion Bite and FBSDS were designs that didn't really work out (combined with there not being a lot I wanted to work on them for). Then 4 straight tournaments of Force Feedback before disappearing for a couple years.

I don't actually have a lot of designs in the storage, that's definitely true though. I think after I finish working on this new robot I'll have 7 serviceable designs. I'd probably like to get that number up to 9. At least 3 for each weight class is probably a good rotation. Unlike Kody who literally has billions and billions of designs in a storage unit out in Toronto somewhere.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 09:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Unlike Kody who literally has billions and billions of designs in a storage unit out in Toronto somewhere. [/quote]If you're referring to the oodles of renders in the ARC Photo Archive, yeah most of those are not being used in any capacity anymore.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 09:49 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 09:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Unlike Kody who literally has billions and billions of designs in a storage unit out in Toronto somewhere. [/quote]If you're referring to the oodles of renders in the ARC Photo Archive, yeah most of those are not being used in any capacity anymore.[/quote]Shame, I wanted to see some of the oversized boxy ones return. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 01:34 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 09:49 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 27 2014, 09:34 PM</dd></dl><div>Unlike Kody who literally has billions and billions of designs in a storage unit out in Toronto somewhere. [/quote]If you're referring to the oodles of renders in the ARC Photo Archive, yeah most of those are not being used in any capacity anymore.[/quote]Shame, I wanted to see some of the oversized boxy ones return. :P[/quote]Image

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:58 pm

imo that should be the style sheet of this forums

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:07 pm

2005, ladies and gentlemen.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:10 pm

Look out, it's a Coal Scuttle with teeth&#33; :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:26 pm

The only robot that legitimately needs a lifealert.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:33 pm

at least shovearound 2 went on the atkins diet

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 02:26 PM</dd></dl><div>The only robot that legitimately needs a lifealert. [/quote]I could definitely imagine it, after being turned over, just yelling-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAZT16Q2UXk
"HELP&#33; I'VE FALLEN&#33; AND I CAN'T GET UP&#33;"
ICE³ ROBOTICS

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:55 pm

Wow, even Warper had a more stable base than that. That's almost as bad as Maximum Overdrive.