Ruination: The Omen - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 04:55 PM</dd></dl><div>Wow, even Warper had a more stable base than that. That's almost as bad as Maximum Overdrive.[/quote]And no srimech, either. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:22 pm

Still better than all of Tim's stuff. =P

EDIT: I just realized nobody on here except Alex would know who the feck Tim is... d'oh.
Last edited by That Kode Guy on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:27 pm

dude, how do you even know about Tim? That guy was gone before we even left XSOrbit&#33; EDIT: We're clearly talking about different Tims. I'm referring to Team G-Bot.

Warper didn't have a SRiMech either, but there was no logistical way to put one on there. That's what happens where you're trying to design a LowBlow knockoff and end up with a Doctor Inferno, Junior knockoff.
Last edited by succotash_54 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 pm

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Personally- I consider having a srimech or invertibility to be an absolute priority when building robots, so it's quite surprising to see one that has no means of recovering from being flipped at all.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:33 pm

You know FRA stats? I'm big on those. So was Tim, but he was never really good at them... at all.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>timothy james sillery</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Name: Fairground Killride

Weight:100KGS

Dimensions: 23CMX88CMX75CM

Shape: Do you know that fairground ride where it spins you around then up then down well that.

Wheels: 2 Small rubber grip wheels powered by 48V Eteks.

Motors: 8X48V Magmotors and 1 48V Etek.

Speed: 3mph

Turning Circle: Robot:0m Weapon:20m

Armour: 48MM Titanium and 36MM Hardex.

Ground Clearence: With Skirts 0CM all around without skirts 48MM Ground Clearence.

Weapons: A small Gyro Swing with hooks on the back of the seats. It spins so it twirls upwards hooks up the enemy flings them up then goes back down and goes both ways at 30MPH. In theory it can rip a robots armour clean seeing as it spins at 3222RPM and so uses up the 6 of the 8 magmotors just for the weapon.

Other: Its based on Maelstrom in Drayton Manor Theme park but even more deadly[/quote] 25 virtual quid to anyone who thinks they're brave enough to try and render that monstrosity...

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:36 pm

Yeah, now it is an absolute priority. Back when Warper was first introduced, it really wasn't all that uncommon for non-invertible bots with no SRiMech to be around. In fact, one of Warper's first wins was won by flipping over his opponent (the original Shovearound). Also, at the time, even real builders were still trying to figure out how to make an invertible spinbot, since shells were the way it was done at the time. Vladiator was considered innovative in Season 3 when he came aboard with an inversion switch in the radio controllers. That was all new and relatively non-ubiquitous stuff when Warper was introduced. So, yeah, really not that uncommon at the time. Now with the Wedged Walls and Drum, a brick can upend Warper just by saying it'll do that with no explanation of how, even though in reality the brick would just go up the damn wedges.
Last edited by succotash_54 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 05:33 PM</dd></dl><div>You know FRA stats? I'm big on those. So was Tim, but he was never really good at them... at all.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>timothy james sillery</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Name: Fairground Killride

Weight:100KGS

Dimensions: 23CMX88CMX75CM

Shape: Do you know that fairground ride where it spins you around then up then down well that.

Wheels: 2 Small rubber grip wheels powered by 48V Eteks.

Motors: 8X48V Magmotors and 1 48V Etek.

Speed: 3mph

Turning Circle: Robot:0m Weapon:20m

Armour: 48MM Titanium and 36MM Hardex.

Ground Clearence: With Skirts 0CM all around without skirts 48MM Ground Clearence.

Weapons: A small Gyro Swing with hooks on the back of the seats. It spins so it twirls upwards hooks up the enemy flings them up then goes back down and goes both ways at 30MPH. In theory it can rip a robots armour clean seeing as it spins at 3222RPM and so uses up the 6 of the 8 magmotors just for the weapon.

Other: Its based on Maelstrom in Drayton Manor Theme park but even more deadly[/quote] 25 virtual quid to anyone who thinks they're brave enough to try and render that monstrosity...[/quote]Image
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 05:36 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah, now it is an absolute priority. Back when Warper was first introduced, it really wasn't all that uncommon for non-invertible bots with no SRiMech to be around. In fact, one of Warper's first wins was won by flipping over his opponent (the original Shovearound). Also, at the time, even real builders were still trying to figure out how to make an invertible spinbot, since shells were the way it was done at the time. Vladiator was considered innovative in Season 4 when he came aboard with an inversion switch in the radio controllers. That was all new and relatively non-ubiquitous stuff when Warper was introduced. So, yeah, really not that uncommon at the time. Now with the Wedged Walls and Drum, a brick can upend Warper just by saying it'll do that with no explanation of how, even though in reality the brick would just go up the damn wedges.[/quote]Ah, OK. I know the feeling with that last bit- it sucks when you're dominating an opponent, and then they somehow get one knock to a weak spot or push you towards a hazard, and then you die just like that.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:50 pm

It is what it is. And it happens in real life too... No Apologies gets that million-to-one shot on Minion and skewers a transceiver, Techno Destructo gets position against the wall where its shape won't help it re-right, Wacky Compass's weapons won't power up, Son Of Whyachi isn't properly balanced... it happens. I just don't like it when someone says, "When Warper's near me, I'll sneeze, and knock it over that way." Come on, you gotta work for it a little here.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:55 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 05:50 PM</dd></dl><div>It is what it is. And it happens in real life too... No Apologies gets that million-to-one shot on Minion and skewers a transceiver, Techno Destructo gets position against the wall where its shape won't help it re-right, Wacky Compass's weapons won't power up, Son Of Whyachi isn't properly balanced... it happens. I just don't like it when someone says, "When Warper's near me, I'll sneeze, and knock it over that way." Come on, you gotta work for it a little here.[/quote]Indeed, that's always annoying. Particularly when you have someone write two lines that basically consists of insulting their opponent, and then they still win that way.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:23 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 28 2014, 05:22 PM</dd></dl><div>Still better than all of Tim's stuff. =P

EDIT: I just realized nobody on here except Alex would know who the feck Tim is... d'oh.[/quote]Timothy james sillery? I know who he is...

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:09 pm

And it's over. Well done Scarab, you may not have won but you certainly have come a long way. Take a breather. Well done Spatch, and I did say ABR was the most deserving of a title out of any of your robots, even Influenza.

Solve et Coagula, unless you can salvage some success in the tag-team, do me a favour and go to hell.

Cutie Honey... you win some, you lose some.

Teresaaaaaaa... oh my god. I certainly cannot believe your success. But I think it's time for a redesign. Everyone will want a piece of you now.
----
Thanks to Siphai for that awesome final. I hope the tournament was alright guys. Now get those RPs in for the tag-team, for those involved&#33;

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:07 am

Teresa is 25-0...

Just...Just let that sink in for a minute. Kody if you enter it again, the pressure is ON. Like it was when Dylan entered JSG in Revolution. (or something, i like lurking when i'm bored)
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 am

There will be no pressure. Only... tears.