Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Weekly Spreads

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:12 pm

Hell yeah! 0-3 :D

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon May 06, 2013 12:39 pm

Week 6

LWs

The Servant's Assistant 2 vs. BlackRose

I think Servant will put up a fight but BlackRose has the wedge advantage here and identical stats everywhere else.

BlackRose = 55%

Annoying Box Rush vs. Conqueror

Conqueror has the chance to win this, let's see if he can make good on it.

Conqueror = 60%

Scatterbrain vs. Mercenary

Mercenary should go with the scoop, otherwise Scatterbrain could just ping him away every time.

Mercenary = 51%

Slither vs. Dr. Robotnik

This I think is where Slither's unbeaten streak ends. There really isn't much Slither can do to Robotnik.

Dr. Robotnik = 80%

MWs

WhipCoil 4 vs. Merry Hampton BR

I think WhipCoil has this, actually. even if Merry equips the fangs WhipCoil is still likely to drive over him if he doesn't get under Merry. When he does, clamp and drag to hazards. Yep.

WhipCoil = 75%

Marauder vs. Nuclear Mouse

I doubt Mouse's thwack tactics will work properly on Marauder due to the tracks. He may want to hunt for Marauder's sides, but I think Marauder can keep him in control. GF93 should break his winless streak here. :)

Marauder= 65%

Revolutions Per Minute vs. Jinx

There's a big risk for Jinx here. Will it pay off?

Revolutions Per Minute = 65%

Sarge vs. Stingray

Stingray works either way up. Problem: so does Sarge. Look for both of them to try and get to the other's sides. Ugh.

Sarge = 55%

HWs

Truth or Consequences vs. Waterloo Sunset

...ngh. So far I've predicted these guys going 2-0. Well, it had to broken. And as Josh says in the Skype chat, "Team Blood Gulch = rofl". I'd replace the "rofl" with a "Eh, not this time" though. ToC still has a good chance.

Waterloo Sunset = 60%

Parasite vs. Pursuit

Pursuit's for the taking.

Pursuit = 75%

Spectrum of Eternity vs. The Heart of Darkness

Very doubtful. Spectrum can just keep going in and hitting HoD without having to worry about retaliation.

Spectrum of Eternity = 85%

Klarinette vs. Predator

Klarinette needs to keep winning or she's fucked. She's got a lot going for her here though.

Klarinette = 75%

SHWs

MDU vs. Phantasmic Slammer

MDU needs to aim for the corners. Likewise, Slammer needs to box-rush MDU head-on. What will work? We'll see...

MDU = 51%

Tax Cutter vs. F-Dynasty

Yeah, fuck you. <_<

F-Dynasty = 75%

Final Boss vs. Fiesta&#33; Fiesta&#33; Fiesta&#33;

If Boss doesn't win this, I'm ripping somebody's heart out ala Shao Khan. He really should win this as F&#33;F&#33;F&#33; has no reliable srimech and a slow speed.

Final Boss = 80%

Black Mamba vs. Atomic Steel

Atomic Steel would have won this on damage but the weapon split means his hammer will do fucking shit. Mamba to pwn.

Black Mamba = 80%
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon May 06, 2013 12:54 pm

All wins predicted? Yes, that's just what I need&#33; If I can make good on it, that'll be my first perfect 4-0 week. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 06, 2013 1:13 pm

A winning week would be a nice change of pace. :v:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon May 06, 2013 1:16 pm

Well all good things must come to an end I guess :v:
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue May 14, 2013 6:35 pm

Week 7

LWs

BlackRose vs. Annoying Box Rush

Too hard to predict... accurately. MAYBE BlackRose's drivetrain advantage will help it prevail? But it's hard to argue ABR's torque advantage.

Annoying Box Rush = 51%

The Servant's Assistant 2 vs. Scatterbrain

Someone's woes will come to an end. Methinks it'll be Lian's. Scatterbrain's a great design but just... really outdone by a lot of the competition here.

The Servant's Assistant 2 = 65%

Conqueror vs. Slither

Another hard one. I'll take Conqueror's wider attack range to prevail.

Conqueror = 60%

Dr. Robotnik vs. Squared

The armour will help Squared survive but I don't see much he can do.

Dr. Robotnik = 85%

MWs

Merry Hampton BR vs. Marauder

Marauder's woes continue... will he actually remain winless?

Merry Hampton BR = 70%

WhipCoil 4 vs. Revolutions Per Minute

RPM to rebound nicely off its loss to Jinx and tear at least one wheel off of WhipCoil. Whether or not this is a KO remains to be seen, but I see RPM flat out dominating.

Revolutions Per Minute = 80%

Nuclear Mouse vs. Sarge

Not much for Mouse to thwack, really, and one lift pretty much does Mouse in. If Sarge gets it early enough, match goes to him. I think it'll go to him.

Sarge = 80%

Stingray vs. Angered Mystery 3

I think the speed of AM3 plus Stingray firing his bar will eventually add up to one broken puncher due to that massive stress. The torque advantage also goes Massimo's way, but control certainly doesn't. Who'll take this?

Stingray = 51%

HWs

Waterloo Sunset vs. Parasite

Someone tell me how Waterloo's supposed to win this, otherwise I will remain skeptical. I don't see a damn thing Waterloo can do with the flipper since Parasite's perfectly invertible, and Parasite has two good methods of attack plus much better control this time around. So, uh, yeah.

Yes, I like Parasite, but that doesn't factor into why I believe he's going to win. :P

Parasite = 85%

Truth or Consequences vs. Spectrum of Eternity

Spectrum, on the other hand, is not invertible. :(

Truth or Consequences = 80%

Klarinette vs. Pursuit

Klarinette can do a bit of damage but will be shellshocked by the amazing power of Pursuit.

<del>Need For Speed: Hot</del> Pursuit = 80%

Malevolence II vs. Predator

Predator NEEDS that flip, because that "srimech" of Malevolence looks incredibly dodgy. Otherwise he's done.

Malevolence II = 65%

SHWs

Phantasmic Slammer vs. Tax Cutter

Badnik's used to this bot by now.

Phantasmic Slammer = 70%

MDU vs. Final Boss

Don't see a flip. I DO however see a wedging and a LOT of hammer hits. Providing Final Boss tanks that first huge hit.

Final Boss = 60%

F-Dynasty vs. Black Mamba

Black Mamba to pwn. Flipping F-Dynasty will do squat, but so will F-Dynasty's attempts to ward Black Mamba with that 8WD.

Black Mamba = 75%

Atomic Steel vs. Ganymede

...Ganymede's going to destroy him.

Ganymede = 90%
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue May 14, 2013 7:18 pm

Hmm. Well, I'm hoping for a good week to consolidate the three bots of mine that are actually doing well, but I would love to go 4-0 and get Scatterbrain another win. Plus I haven't had one this season yet, whoopee.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:14 pm

TBH I'm not sure if I'm going to get any more wins with Slither this season. Conqueror, then ABR and BlackRose...
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed May 15, 2013 8:48 am

It would be nice to live up to the lofty expectations you give me every week, but we'll see. :D
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed May 15, 2013 2:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>May 14 2013&#44; 06:35 PM</dd></dl><div> Week 7

[Conqueror vs. Slither

Another hard one. I'll take Conqueror's wider attack range to prevail.

Conqueror = 60%

Merry Hampton BR vs. Marauder

Marauder's woes continue... will he actually remain winless?

Merry Hampton BR = 70%

Waterloo Sunset vs. Parasite

Someone tell me how Waterloo's supposed to win this, otherwise I will remain skeptical. I don't see a damn thing Waterloo can do with the flipper since Parasite's perfectly invertible, and Parasite has two good methods of attack plus much better control this time around. So, uh, yeah.

Yes, I like Parasite, but that doesn't factor into why I believe he's going to win. :P

Parasite = 85%

F-Dynasty vs. Black Mamba

Black Mamba to pwn. Flipping F-Dynasty will do squat, but so will F-Dynasty's attempts to ward Black Mamba with that 8WD.

Black Mamba = 75% [/quote]
My views on each matchup-

LW- Hey, pretty good. Hopefully I should be able to take it on my performance of throwing versus Dylan's lifting.

MW- Ugh.

HW- In response to the bold statement Kody, that's why I developed the Flat Flipper- not to mention that Anti-Spinner Trap as an interchangeable rear weapon. Provided I stay on top of him, I think I can get my revenge. :cool:

SHW- Of the two matches with Lian this week, I'm actually quite confident about this one. A tall jug of chilled Sangria to celebrate afterwards will be in order, hopefully. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."