CBBR Pre-season Predictions Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:51 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 02:40 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:35 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 01:15 PM</dd></dl><div> You gotta get around my jaws first. XD [/quote]
It's manageable, I think- after all, the speed difference isn't too massive, Whipcoil's pretty thin, and I've got the better control to boot. :P [/quote]
Better control don't always mean everything. But how would you counter a head on collision with Whipcoil :P [/quote]
I've already got a plan for that. Goes without saying, but it involves some of the natural advantages of my tracks. :P [/quote]
If your planning to drive over the top of him, you best hope that top jaw is down :P [/quote]
Monster-truckin' like a Stampedin' boss&#33;

:P [/quote]
As much as I got a good laugh out of these bits, there will be a slight variation on it- if it goes to plan, then the Aggression points will be all mine&#33; :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:59 pm

I can monster-truck too you know&#33;&#33; :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 16 2013&#44; 03:59 PM</dd></dl><div> I can monster-truck too you know&#33;&#33; :P [/quote]
Maybe, but it seems to me like a case of a Dune Buggy picking a fight with a Tank. :cool:
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:55 pm

When you guys are done dune buggying, tanking and monster trucking like crazed lunatics, get some predictions up&#33;

GF93

Post by GF93 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:27 pm

Time for a slight update, I think. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Now that GF has his bots up, I can make predictions:

Lightweights

CHAMPION: BlackRose
Lost only once in Armageddon, and it's the best bot in the LightWeight class by far. Expecting big things out of the brick.

RUNNER-UP: The Servant's Assistant 2
The best flipper design I've seen come out of Lian's team yet, once again I'm predicting a finals spot. Every time it's competed it's made it to the semis, and this design I feel will make it one step further. BlackRose is just too good though.

SEMI-FINALISTS: Mercenary and Dr. Robotnik
Mercenary is a returning veteran design with an extremely experienced RPer. It's basically a lightweight Barrier, and we all know how well Barrier did...

Robotnik is the most powerful spinner in the class and it always does well. Add an experienced RPer and I'm predicting at least a semi finals spot for Robotnik.

DARK HORSE: Conqueror
Dreadnought made it to the semis of FRR Dead Zone, and with the additions made on the LW version I can see great things coming from this design.

Middleweights

CHAMPION: Jinx II
Another title for Kody because I can XD
With me not nominating my bots for bias reasons, Jinx takes the top spot in my predictions. It won a title in Ruination, so I can see it doing it again. The only issue is its wedge. In a division filled with 7 and 8 wedges, will 6 be enough??

RUNNER-UP: Revolutions Per Minute
With everyone but Nick building bricks or wedges, you may think that RPM has no chance. However, it may be a blessing in disguise. I'm sure not many people expected a spinner to be entered, much less an invertible one which strikes a massive resemblance to Ruination's finalist Luna. Lots of exposed wheels and bits in the weightclass makes me think that RPM will be a top contender.

SEMI-FINALISTS: Nuclear Mouse and Merry Hampton BR
Again, Nuclear Mouse is driven by a very experienced RPer in Chris. Its speed and thwacking tail could give it an edge in the weightclass, as well as its cambered wheels. It'll definitely be tough to get under, even it if does only have 6 wedge.

Merry Hampton BR takes a tried and true design and brings it to the MW division. However, with only one spinner, it may have to rely on wedge effectiveness alone, and there are problems there.

DARK HORSE: Marauder
Again I put a GF bot here. lols.
Marauder is a good design, but as I said before, an anti-spinner in a class with only one spinner can go anything but well...

Heavyweights

CHAMPION: Pursuit
Only one of but a few non-spinners in this class. I think it's the best one, although Predator and Waterloo Sunset may have more wedginess, Pursuit has enough armor to stand up to spinners and sustain little damage, and that may mean enough to take home a title.

RUNNER-UP: Parasite
Always seems to do well, and other spinners can't usually keep up with Parasite. It was the Armageddon runner-up for good reason, as well. As long as Nick RPs, he should do fine.

SEMI-FINALISTS: Waterloo Sunset and Truth or Consequences
Waterloo Sunset is basically a downsized Lethal Injection, and LI did rather well in the competition. However, it doesn't have enough speed to take on Pursuit, and Parasite always proves tricky for bricks.

Truth or Consequences is one of the oldest bots here and is always a favorite. However, like I said with Waterloo Sunset, it doesn't have the speed or armor to take on the predicted finalists.

DARK HORSE: Predator
8 wedge is nothing to scoff at. At all. If MassimoV RPs right Predator could be a major contender. Exposed wheels are a major Achilles heel though...

Superheavyweights

CHAMPION: Black Mamba
It's like Lethal Injection meets Phantasmic Slammer. One of the best designs from Ice Cubed Robotics yet, he could very well settle his grudges against Tax Cutter and Chris this season.

RUNNER-UP: Tax Cutter
The finalist from Ruination returns just as vicious as ever. It beat everything on its way to the final last time, and I think it can do it again.

SEMI-FINALISTS: Final Boss and Ganymede
Final Boss is another old design with enough experience to prove itself. It should beat most comers, but bots like Tax Cutter will cut Final Boss's run short---no GameShark needed.

Ganymede may be new to round-robin tournaments, but it's a solid concept-remember Count Bleck from Armageddon? Especially with some of the designs entered, Ganymede should have no trouble reaching the semis.

DARK HORSE: F-Sangre
It's New Cruelty with wheel guards&#33; If it had a better turning circle I'd see it as more of a threat, but alas...

And now, my nominations for SFTW (worst bot) in each weight class:

Lightweight: Squared
A 7-powered bar in this weight class will go nowhere, especially with all the 8-armored bricks around.

Middleweight: Stingray
While I admit it's a good design, it has absolutely terrible stat alignment which will ruin it.

Heavyweight: The Heart of Darkness
Don't see much use for the drum other than to eat up stat points. Low speed means ownage by both the rammers and the spinners. While I admit the pit is a novel concept, it has a floor. That means HoD can't bring its opponent to any hazards without risking damage to itself.

Superheavyweight: MDU
Unless the new render can prove me otherwise, I'm gonna stick MDU here. Slow, way-too-large bar and no way of self-righting means I really don't see many wins.
Team Ignition

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh why not.

Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Team Zlayerz predictions

Lightweights

1. Dr. Robotnik (he can go all the way and look... Robotnik-y doing it)
2. Slither (Badnik has the fundamentals and I think he'll take it...until he meets Buttnik)
3. Mercenary (Chris knows what he's doing, and he does it well)
4. BlackRose (former champ, what can I say?)
5. The Servant's Assistant 2 (I think he's outclassed by the bots above, but should do really well regardless)
6. Conqueror (Conqueror can get it done if he applies his strengths, but it's looking grim for him right now)
7. Annoying Box Rush (high speed brick, but lack of wedge hurts him)
8. Scatterbrain (translational spinners don't do too well nowadays, and the FRR system really hurts him)
9. Squared (3 speed, 2 wedge, and only 9 weapon combined is just asking for a beatdown...)

Middleweights

1. Sarge (um...can anything beat this thing?)
2. Merry Hampton BR (for just being a fucking ridiculously fast, armoured, wedgy brick)
=2. WhipCoil 4 (tied because I can't predict a winner between him and Merry Hampton, but I do see them beating everybody else... except Sarge)
4. Revolutions Per Minute (Luna with one less weapon, one more speed, and two more armour. He'll go far)
5. Marauder (pretty damn good, I'd say. The tracks may hinder him against faster bricks, but I think he can hang with the best)
6. Nuclear Mouse (can beat 7-8 wedges by thwacking them aside and THEN wedging them, but... Merry Hampton can largely avoid that, and RPM can shred him)
7. Jinx II (I think Badnik has too much confidence in me here. :P The wedge looks intimidating but she's rather slow, and averagely armoured)
8. Angered Mystery 3 (holy...shit. It will be fucking uncontrollable, but god DAMN. Good luck damaging him. If you can outwedge him though, you're good)
9. Stingray (WHY?&#33; WHY?&#33; WHY?&#33; WHYYYYYY?&#33;?&#33;?)

Heavyweights

1. Waterloo Sunset (its front is more armoured than Pursuit if you count the bonuses. It also outwedges Pursuit. I see it winning VERY easily)
2. Pursuit (yeah, massive spinner killer right here. It can also outspeed the higher wedges too)
3. Truth or Consequences (yeah. Fucking powerful flipper here. Decently armoured too. Outsped by a few though)
4. Malevolence II (no slouch, good weapon, good power. Powerful rammers will kill it though)
5. Spectrum of Eternity (an absolutely amazingly fast spinner, and well controlled too. The question is what it will do with only 10 weapon and 4 armour)
6. Parasite (I hate putting him here. I don't really think the problem with Parasite was his control, but probably the design. It looks cool, but it just isn't great for combat, despite his run in Armageddon. He has short-ish range, the wedge will hardly help against what he CAN wedge (spinners will rip it off) with it, and poor body armour is just another nail in the coffin. Still, 13 weapon is 13 weapon, and for his part I think he can beat a few here, but taking home a championship will again be tough)
7. Predator (8 wedge, 8 armour, 6 speed... but I don't like those exposed wheels at all, especially in a weight class with so many spinners)
8. Klarinette (sorry Lian. Outclassed by its short range and lack of usefulness for its double ring, which detriments her power)
9. The Heart of Darkness (I do not understand this design at all. Ironically, I think it COULD beat Pursuit, but it's just too slow to avoid Pursuit from getting at its sides. Everything else either outwedges it or will tear it apart)

Superheavyweights

1. Phantasmic Slammer (he's the fucking brick to end all bricks. And he has a flipper. Suck on that :P )
2. Black Mamba (fucking Biohazard :P )
3. Tax Cutter (fast spinner. Like Parasite('s Ruination appearance) he suffers from mediocre armour and somewhat poorer control, but thanks to his better range and awkward shape he can dish it out and then some)
4. Final Boss (Sure. It can run inverted, but IT CAN'T RIGHT ITSELF&#33;&#33;&#33; :P Flip him and you basically win :P )
5. Atomic Steel (hi Diesector&#33;)
6. Ganymede (I would have placed him lower due to the pinballing tendences, but 14 weapon? 10 armour? 5 speed? good luck)
7. MDU (eh, I think it'll do better than last, but not too much better. It won't die with one hit, but its weapon won't survive for long)
8. F-Sangre (turning will be a huge bitch for him. It will hurt him enough for him to get placed here, I'd say)
9. Fiesta&#33; x3 (waste of a torque stat. I would have placed him higher if he directed that point to speed. Maybe more. But he gets worst spot)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:51 pm

Right, my turn. Kinda late, so I'm only doing the top four.

--LW--
#1: Mercenary - Very solid and versatile design from the #1 CFLer. Much like Barrier, this should go far.
#2: Slither - Was very close between this and Mercenary, only the experience factor held Slither down to the #2 spot.
#3: Blackrose - Former LW champ, few upgrades should see her bring the fight here too. 8 Wedge...and you call me cheap. :P
#4: The Servant's Assistant 2 - Next in Lian's lineage of Lightweight flippers, it appears to be the most balanced one yet. Hopefully it can live up to its predecessors.

--MW--
#1: WhipCoil 4 - Blood Thirsty. Need I say more? I can't see too much wrong with it myself, and this version should bring Badnik the playoff spot he's been looking for.
#2: Revolutions Per Minute - Entered to try and interject some variety into the MW class, but it looks like it could do very well here. Hoping to tear up a few guys, and maybe make the playoffs.
#3: Jinx II - Another former champ (I think), lifter/axe combo offers great versatility with a proven track record, but average speed and armour prevent it from climbing any higher here.
#4: Marauder - If GF can keep his head together, I think he could do well. Tracks aren't normally used, and while he might have liked to see more spinners in the division, I'm reasonably confident he can carry this to a playoff spot.

--HW--
#1: Waterloo Sunset - Great all-around design. What was once a spinner-heavy division has seen a fair amount of balance, and I reckon this could be the one to play it perfectly.
#2: Pursuit - Your usual speedy pushing brick, it should hold out well against spinners, and could outspeed the wedges, but 3 Wedge isn't looking quite so hot right now.
#3: Spectrum Of Eternity - I'm throwing this out as a wild card, a fast, powerful spinner with MUCH better coverage than Parasite, meaning that it should be able to take punishment as well as deal it out.
#4: Malevolence II - What a change. Going from an intriguing also-ran to a possible death-dealer, the lack of Traction shouldn't be too much of a problem here, as it should be able to tear up plenty on its way to the playoffs.

--SHW--
#1: Phantasmic Slammer - Very tricky division, basically revolving around Tax Cutter, but PS gets the nod because of the coverage of its weapon. Wide and tough, should stand up to a lot of punishment.
#2: Tax Cutter - Has shown great promise in Ruination, and looks to be set for the SHW honours, but I still think Badnik's prior experience will help him keep TC at bay this time around.
#3: Black Mamba - Biohazard with spikes, basically, but it is a tried and tested design that should hold out strongly, but the narrow weapon means it loses out to the destructive Tax Cutter in my standings.
#4: Final Boss - Again, extremely tricky to place, I went with this order because of the relative weapon designs of BM and FB. But FB does have experience on his side, so don't be surprised if we see this order being shuffled around by season's end.

And it is now 10 to 2 in the morning. Goodnight. =D
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

MassimoV

Post by MassimoV » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:16 pm

I changed the 7 points on the weapon for Squared. Just never told anyone :P .

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:20 pm

Wow, everyone's expecting me to go far.

Time to go completely fuck everything up then&#33;
Team Ignition

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 am

I modified Booker T stat-wise a little bit, I realized there isn't too much in active weaponry in MW so having Stevie Ray specilize as the tank was good enough. I doubt it will change any of you guy's opinions on Harlem Heat as a whole. You're hurting my feelings people. :lol:

At the worst I'll have a bit more fun trying out a couple new designs and just have to withstand a poorer season overall. Even Final Boss finds himself outshined by all these fancy new SHW <del>Biohazards</del> bricks&#33; :cool:

I'll try and get some predictions up today as well.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:45 am

Kind of a shame that Harbinger had to go up against just a relentless LW class. Same with Harlem Heat.
Team Ignition

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:05 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 19 2013&#44; 08:45 AM</dd></dl><div> Kind of a shame that Harbinger had to go up against just a relentless LW class. Same with Harlem Heat. [/quote]
Registration is still open. I can still troll with Zombie Killer/Robotnik and Sarge&#33; :lol:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:39 am

Team Blood Gulch Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin Predictions.

Oh man, it was actually pretty tough picking these, but here are my STONE&#33; COLD&#33; LEAD&#33; PIPE&#33; Locks.

If I have you picked low, don

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:35 am

Lol you called Phantasmic Slammer Inflammatory Slammer XD
Team Ignition