Playoff Hunt

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:01 am

We are now down to the final four fight cards of the season, which means after that, we are going to move into the playoffs. The top 4 bots in each weight class will move on to the playoff round. The playoffs is going to be two fight cards during a two week stretch to determine the winner of each class. With only four weeks left, it is even more important now for everyone to win, especially if you are barely hanging onto a playoff spot or are on the verge of having one. So, I will keep everyone informed of exactly what their records are and where they stand in the overall rankings. You can also see if you are currently are in a playoff spot or are fairly close. I will update these every week.

Week 8 Updates

Bolded bots - Means that these bots are currently in position to make the playoffs.
* - Means these bots are tied for one the current playoff bots, and would end in a tie-breaker based on previous matchups against each other.

1. Team Gemini 34-10
2. Team Omegaforce 34-10
3. Team Animal Cruelty 29-15
4. Team AC/DC 28-16
5. Team Hunga 25-19
6. Team Targeted 24-20
7. Team Fire-and-Ice 23-21
8. Team Blood Gulch 22-22
9. Team Yellow Alert 19-25
10. Team Hitmen 15-29
11. Team Andrewbot 9-35
12. Team Concept Robotics 2-42

Lightweight

1. Red Zone 10-1
2. Underall 9-2
3. Sovereign 9-2
4. Double Dose 8-3

5. Zombie Killer 7-4
6. Pit Bull 7-4
7. Gayle 5-6
8. Exotherm 3-8
9. Novastorm 3-8
10. Prof. Pepperdine 3-8
11. Corrosive 2-9
12. Prodigy 0-11

Middleweight

1. Influenza 8-3
2. AMP 8-3
3. Heartbreak and Hate 7-4
4. Shockwave 7-4

5. JAKT 7-4
6. Rooster Teeth 6-5
7. Shovearound 5-6
8. FBSDS 5-6
9. Sunshine 5-6
10. The Aristocrats 5-6
11. Disc Obsession 2-9
12. Bling 2K 1-10

Heavyweight

1. Babaganoush 10-1
2. Tank 9-2
3. Striker 9-2
4. Adrenaline 8-3

5. Some Kind of Monster 7-4
6. Redemption: Denied 5-6
7. Flaminco 5-6
8. Aquarius 4-7
9. Poly-Stone 3-8
10. V'Gers 3-8
11. Devil's Reject 1-10
12. Giant Swan 1-10

Super heavyweight

1. Copperhead 10-1
2. Jack Frost 10-1
3. Japanese School Girl 8-3
4. Eurypterus 7-4

5. Yellow Cloud 7-4
6. Cascade 6-5
7. Road Rage 5-6
8. Minion 4-7
9. It 4-7
10. AK-47 Slapper 3-8
11. Snewer Sake 2-9
12. Colonel Kickass 0-11

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 2:52 am

As far as my bots go:

The Aristocrats---I think it's safe to write off the first showbot that was also a gimmickbot by this point. Even if it never loses another one, it'll still be only 6-5, which won't be enough to cut mustard. It's the lowest ranked MW from someone who consistently RPs.

Babaganoush--tied for first right now. I don't want to get cocky at this point, so with trepidation and worry, I say that it looks like this one will make the playoffs.

Yellow Cloud and Pit Bull--I'm putting these two together because of the similarities of their situations. Both are 3-4, and for both their divisions, that's the best record that isn't bolded or tied to be bolded. And when you look at the schedule, two of their last four opponents are from teams that have pretty much forfeited their way through the tournament, and a third that's from a team that, on paper at least, seems to be struggling. If they can pull off four wins in the last four weeks, they'll both be 7-4, which *might* just be enough to make the grade.

As far as team record, yeah it looks poor for me, but I've still got to take on both teams that have been heavy forfeiters. Winning 12 of the next 16 has a decent probability, and 14 wins is of a glimmering possibility.

Siphai

Playoff Hunt

Post by Siphai » Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:20 am

Prof. Pepperdine and FBSDS are the same way here, in that there's no way - even if I never stop winning with them, it's pretty safe to say that they aren't going to make the playoffs.

Thankfully I have Tank, who pretty much secured his chance by beating Striker, and having SKoM lose and thus be tied to two bots in the playoff position. If I just keep winning with him, I'm positive that he'll get in.

Eurypterus is one who is already in the playoffs, but is unfortunatly tied with some people below me. I do face Cascade this week, and I'm pretty sure that is going to be the match that determines whether or not Eurypterus will stay in.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Playoff Hunt

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:01 am

As a side note, any ties would eventually have a tie-breaker during the season anyway, as the winner of the regular season meeting would be the one to advance.

Zombie Killer has been doing pretty decent so far this season and I'm really hoping I don't have a complete collapse to keep out of the playoffs.

On the other hand Rooster Teeth is right on the outside, so maybe I can step it up a bit.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

StarlessSoldier

Playoff Hunt

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:55 am

Well, I seem to be the only one with all four bots looking at play off slots. However this week I took a big ass kicking from Dylan and Chris before that. If I can get back on the horse and continue to win a few I'm definitely all in.

Sovereign - This one's having a hell of a rookie season, and doing much better than I expected. I have no doubt it can make it to the playoffs, but two of the other potentials have already beaten it... not good. I predict maybe second overall at best.

JAKT - Charybdis's last minute (literally) replacement that everyone wrote off from the beginning seems to be turning heads. If I can continue to win with this one he's definitely in, but it's hard to tell how far he can go. I expect semifinals but hope for better.

Adrenaline - What have you bitches done to my precious baby? This was the one I thought would do best but has proven me wrong. Still looking at a playoff shot however and as always I have faith that my pride and joy will prevail. I'm coming for you Striker.

Copperhead - OMGWTFPLOW!!11!1 Finally this one is paying off. I thought he was done for against Road Rage but I slipped by. It accomplished my mission by beating JSG and Frost, but in the playoffs it will potentially face them both again. No doubt they'll bring their A game and an adjusted strategy. Still undefeated, this bot has my greatest hope of championship gold, but it has a very big bullseye painted on its chassis at this point.

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Jan 4 2007&#44; 01:55 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm coming for you Striker. [/quote]
See you in the playoffs, bitch.

As for my team, here's how it looks.

Red Zone - He's now 7-0 and with only 4 fights, he's in pretty good shape. He goes up against up against Underall this week, which will be a toss up, but I am in good shape for the time being. The LW battle should be interesting.

Sunshine - His chances are very limited. I'd have to pretty much win every single fight. Also, since there are four bots tied for first (JAKT, Influenza, Shockwave, AMP), I'd have to pray for at least one of those bots to collapse, which is unlikely. Shovearound 2 and Rooster Teeth are also threats, so my chances don't look so good but I'll keep on fighting.

Striker- He's barely hanging onto a playoff spot. He's competing mostly with Tank and Some Kind of Monster for that spot. I can definitely do it but it'll still be tricky.

Jack Frost - Along with Red Zone, I think I'm ok with JF. Copperhead, Japanese School Girl and Jack Frost have a big lead in the division, so I think we'll be ok assuming there is no monumental collapse. I think the battle for that 4th spot is much more interesting. Eurypterus and Cascade are currently battling for that spot, but others like Minion, Yellow Cloud, Road Rage and (god almighty) It are also competing for the playoffs as well.

Fish Of Doom

Playoff Hunt

Post by Fish Of Doom » Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:47 pm

My MW is in weird territory and there will be controversy if it doesn't get into the play-offs, since it's beaten both Shockwave and JAKT, both are whom are in the play-offs. I have to rp my ass of with him in the next couple weeks and hope someone in the top 4 fucks up.

Minion33088

Playoff Hunt

Post by Minion33088 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:27 pm

Well, it looks like it's still a toss-up as to wether or not my bots make it to the playoffs. Except Road Rage. He's pretty much screwed. lol

Double Dose is barely haning on, but I have yet to face Red Zone and Underall. IF I can possibly beat one or, dare I say it, both of them, I MIGHT be in good shape. I don't expect DD to win hte championship, or even seetle for second, but if it makes it into the final four I'll be extremely happy.

AMP seems to be doing the best out of all my bots, which isn't too much of a surprise I guess. This is kinda deceiving though, because it's a 4-way tie for 1st, and if AMP loses he's out of the top 4 in a snap. Luckily I have already fought all the bots tied with AMP, so I just have to keep an eye on Heartbreak and Hate and Shovearound.

Some Kind of a Monster is right in the thick of things. I have yet to face Striker or Tank, the 2 bots I'm tied with. These 2 fights will determine wether or not SKoM makes it to the final 4.

Road Rage is pretty screwed. I have yet to face the SHW's ranked #2, #3, and #4. Those fights of course, I'm not looking foward too. HOWEVER, if I can beat all 3...I'll be tied. I think.
Yeah, that won't happen. lol

G-Force

Playoff Hunt

Post by G-Force » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:06 pm

despite a rough start, shockwave has pulled right back into the running and i'm really happy bout that.

Cascade iss in a position to move up so i hope a few more wins will pull me into the playoff rounds as well.

i could only hope for the best from gayle and falminco but im not expecting much

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:38 am

OK, I updated the standings so you can see how well you are doing. Remember, only three weeks leftas of now.

Area51Escapee

Playoff Hunt

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:42 am

MW looks to be intense. We got four bots battling for the playoffs with the same record (Heartbreak and Hate, Shockwave, JAKT, Rooster Teeth). JAKT and Shockwave battle it out this week and H&H battles Rooster Teeth in the final week. Should be a crazy playoff race.

HW should be fun, too. Some Kind of Monster, Striker and Tank are all tied.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Playoff Hunt

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:28 am

All right&#33; I slip down to a cool .500 on the season so far. I fall down in the LW race only step up in the ultra-hard MW race. Yikes.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

Playoff Hunt

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:55 am

lol, for three weeks now, I think Philip and I have been tied.

succotash_54

Playoff Hunt

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:07 pm

Better RP your ass off Siphai, my next two weeks of fights are against Jason and Andrew. lol

Siphai

Playoff Hunt

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:35 am

Andrew better fucking RP, is all I've got to say. Especially when Poly-Stone still has to fight Striker =)