Ruination: The Beginning - Spreads Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:35 pm

Josh is the Riddler, because he's funnier. I'm Two-Face because I'm rather bi-polar. :P

I'm glad you referenced (or seemed to reference) Batman Forever, though. That title is where I got inspiration for the version of Shadow Zone that I brought to ARC. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2013&#44; 04:35 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm glad you referenced (or seemed to reference) Batman Forever, though. That title is where I got inspiration for the version of Shadow Zone that I brought to ARC. :P [/quote]
And here I thought it was just a way to make the name sound more sinister. Seriously, adding "Forever" to the end of something has a way of doing that.

I'll be watching you... FOREVER&#33;

You're stuck here... FOREVER&#33;

Eat your vegetables... FOREVER&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:45 pm

Josh, you should know very well I can't make a clever joke to save my life. :P

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:49 pm

Don't sweat it my bifurcated amigo. ;)
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 5 2013&#44; 04:35 PM</dd></dl><div> Josh is the Riddler, because he's funnier. I'm Two-Face because I'm rather bi-polar. :P

I'm glad you referenced (or seemed to reference) Batman Forever, though. That title is where I got inspiration for the version of Shadow Zone that I brought to ARC. :P [/quote]
Even if I did prefer Batman Returns, that's alright- quite a good reference too, I must say. :P

"And behind this curtain, NFX&#33; This Scotsman-cum-roboteer enjoys haggis, reciting Robert Burns poetry, the occasional bout of transvestism, and one day hopes to be...bare-naked with a girl&#33;"
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:26 pm

Week 7

LWs

Frequency vs. Anti-Virus

Softer than Psyclone, and that big range means Anti-Virus can keep the weapon stopped. On the other hand Frequency has a wedge, but not better than Anti-Virus' own.

Anti-Virus = 75%

Tartarus vs. Dr. Robotnik

I WIN&#33; I WIN&#33; I WIN I WIN&#33; I MUST GO AND DOUBLE MY SALARY&#33;

Dr. Robotnik = 99%

The Servant's Assistant vs. Psyclone

Psyclone is essentially War Bastard with 360 degrees of attack and a better weapon. Seeing Servant fall again.

Psyclone = 70%

Trans Europe Express vs. Pyrite

Uh, yeah.

Pyrite = 85%

MWs

Brother of Whyachi vs. Rooster Teeth

Hell no.

Rooster Teeth = 99%

Hammer & Nails vs. Stingray

I doubt the axes will do much to Stingray. But similarly I doubt the puncher will do much to the front of H&N. Think I'll give the benefit of the doubt to Stingray though.

Stingray = 51%

Luna vs. Braveheart

What can Luna do, really? 14 weapon power to 8 armour is a pretty sizable gap, but Braveheart's speed and traction really come into play here.

Braveheart = 75%

Anthracks vs. WhipCoil 3.2

No?

WhipCoil 3.2 = 99%

HWs

Revolver Ocelot vs. Camo Alert

Admittedly Camo Alert is better armoured than Terminal Velocity but can he even control Revolver Ocelot? I don't think so.

Revolver Ocelot = 65%

Parasite vs. Malevolence

Actually this could be close. Parasite can cause massive damage to Malevolence, but a few hits to Parasite could disable the weapon and leave him a dead duck.

Malevolence = 51%

WanderLust vs. Cutie Honey

Lusting for a half-android? It's more likely than you think.

(you guys seriously didn't know Honey was a half-android, did you? :P)

Cutie Honey = 99%

Terminal Velocity vs. Thorny Devil II

There is just no way.

Terminal Velocity = 100%

Kraze vs BYE

The BYE wins because it can make Kraze go BYE-BYE&#33;&#33;&#33; :P

BYE = 100%

(muahahaha)

SHWs

Phantasmic Slammer vs. Sphere O' Fear

Sphere O'Fear may be able to work on its back, but the inability to turn your bot around will prove lethal. I feel Phantasmic Slammer will get a flip in and then get behind Sphere to shove the blade into the wall. Provided he survives the blade at first, that is.

Phantasmic Slammer = 60%

Tax Cutter vs. Agent X

Tax Cutter is faster and can damage Agent X. Those is literally the only two things Tax Cutter has going for it and he will want to play hit-and-run a lot here, otherwise Agent X is going to kick his ass.

Agent X = 70%

Punch vs. Hector LeMans

Hector used Blaze Kick&#33; It's super effective&#33;

Hector LeMans = 99%

Lethal Injection vs. Banshee

YOUR FINAL DOSE IS A LETHAL INJECTION

Lethal Injection = 99%

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Punch vs. Hector LeMans

Hector used Blaze Kick&#33; It's super effective&#33;

Hector LeMans = 99%[/quote]
The idea of that fat bastard doing anything remotely athletic like that is absurd. :P

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:30 pm

Well if Snorlax can learn Mega Kick... :P

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:33 pm

On the serious side, it would be nice to get that win with Ocelot. I believe that would finally clinch his playoff spot.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:35 pm

I love how Cutie Honey, of all my bots, is guaranteed to win one fight and the rest are in for hell. She may even tie Tax Cutter as the best in the my squad. Who saw THAT coming? :blink:

HONEEEEEEY FLAAAAAAAAAASH *wargh*

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>5. Cutie Honey: Look at it guys. Doesn

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 am

Week 8

LWs

Annoying Box Rush vs. Dr. Robotnik

Depends. Personally I would say ABR has got this, but he DID lose to Frequency. For all its good looks, how DOES Frequency keep winning matches anyway? Or Psyclone for that matter? Or even a select few in the past, such as Brushhog and the Armageddon JSG? Low speed spinners have always confused me. :huh:

Ersh, ignore me.

Annoying Box Rush = 51%

Anti-Virus vs. Trans Europe Express

In case Sparkey decides to come and piss me off, I'll write a good-sized RP for this. Right now I'll say I probably have this one. TEE has a tiny space between the wheels and the most ridiculous body length-to-width ratio I've ever seen.

Anti-Virus = 95%

Frequency vs. The Servant's Assistant

This time, I think he's toast. I doubt the bar will have the power to right him after a flip. But can Servant get it off before he's ripped to shreds? I think so.

The Servant's Assistant = 75%

Psyclone vs. Tartarus

A non-event. I could let GF93 determine Sylandro's fate, I suppose. :P

Psyclone = 99%

MWs

Anthracks vs. Hubris

Just one flip&#33;

Hubris = 99%

Luna vs. WhipCoil 3.2

You do not want to be slower than a spinner like this. Maybe WhipCoil's armour will help him survive. He needs to get that clamp in and make the most out of it...

Luna = 85%

Rooster Teeth vs. Stingray

I literally have no clue. Stingray could knock Rooster Teeth onto his back, or Rooster Teeth could tear Stingray a new chassis. It's hard to say.

Rooster Teeth = 51%

Brother of Whyachi vs. Braveheart

*insert 3,478,345 reasons why Nick will win this match*

Braveheart = 100%

HWs

Cutie Honey vs. Kraze

RPs aside, I think Cutie Honey is fucked. :( Kraze can get under her from all angles and throw her around. There is a way for Cutie Honey to win, but will it work?

Kraze = 75%

Terminal Velocity vs. Parasite

Oh dear... 13 weapon to 4 armour is no joke. Terminal Velocity absolutely needs to protect his sides.

And as a personal note, because this is getting a bit irritating... Spatula, you can go on about your speed being halved if you run Parasite at half-speed, but no matter what, your speed is always going to be rated 7 and your traction 4. Parasite will have control issues regardless.

That said, I still think Parasite will win.

Parasite = 65%

Thorny Devil II vs. Camo Alert

Uhm... no.

Camo Alert = 100%

Malevolence vs. WanderLust

Hopefully Badnik doesn't let the loss of a play-off spot stop him from curbstomping Sparkey. :P

Malevolence = 99%

SHWs

Hector LeMans vs. Phantasmic Slammer

I don't see it happening Josh.

Phantasmic Slammer = 85%

Sphere O'Fear vs. Tax Cutter

Two things to consider:

1) Tax Cutter got underneath Thief Pheonic fully 2 weeks ago without getting hit.
2) When Sphere fought Thief, their weapons connected. So Sphere's weapon must be pretty high up as well.

So I would say Tax Cutter can get underneath Sphere as well.

Tax Cutter = 70%

Banshee vs. Thief Pheonic

Thwack ain't a Ghostbuster, but I'm sure he can tackle this particularly feeble one.

Thief Pheonic = 99%

Punch vs. Lethal Injection

LOL?

Lethal Injection = 99%

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Hector LeMans vs. Phantasmic Slammer

I don't see it happening Josh.[/quote]
I blame you for giving me false confidence when Hector was able to take out Agent X. :P

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:09 am

Well Agent X had the plow which you were able to catch with the bars. Phantasmic Slammer from the front is just huge wedge. And he's faster. :P

That said, don't take my predictions as the golden rule. ;)

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:32 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Feb 18 2013&#44; 11:02 AM</dd></dl><div> Terminal Velocity vs. Parasite

Oh dear... 13 weapon to 4 armour is no joke. Terminal Velocity absolutely needs to protect his sides.

And as a personal note, because this is getting a bit irritating... Spatula, you can go on about your speed being halved if you run Parasite at half-speed, but no matter what, your speed is always going to be rated 7 and your traction 4. Parasite will have control issues regardless.

That said, I still think Parasite will win.

Parasite = 65% [/quote]
Indeed. However, I think I've got a plan in mind that should allow me to beat him. Remember that I've still got 9 armour to my top lid and front wedge along with my very powerful flipper, so if I can take advantage of his poor control, lack of undercutting ability and weak polycarbonate construction, I might be able to come out on top if I play my cards right.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."