Ruination: The Beginning - Spreads Thread

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:49 pm

RUINATION PLAY-OFFS - SEMIFINALS

LWs

The Servant's Assistant vs. Annoying Box Rush

I've really no idea, tbh. Either Annoying Box Rush's forks will work and he'll pwn Servant all over the place, or they won't work and ABR will learn how to fly. However, I do like ABR's higher armour value.

Annoying Box Rush = 55%

Dr. Robotnik vs. Anti-Virus

Kody gets his first bot eliminated, really. I don't see much different happening in their rematch. Anti-Virus just doesn't have a good enough damage sponge to protect himself against Robotnik. Expect Robotnik to go with the disc and carve up the system defender...

Dr. Robotnik = 70%

MWs

Luna vs. Hammer & Nailz

Lian's only chance is abusing those killsaws to hell. Kody will probably try to avoid them as per last match. Lian absolutely HAS to abuse his higher speed or, like last match, he's done for.

Luna = 75%

Braveheart vs. Rooster Teeth

Well, perhaps Rooster Teeth deserves some merit in this match. Josh will probably avoid the drum here, making it that much harder for Nick to flip his robot over. Nonetheless, he's still really unstable after a hit and especially on a sloped panel as well, though that didn't stop the equal powered Luna from stealing a JD from Braveheart. Can Braveheart put an end to the spinners?

Braveheart = 55%

HWs

Kraze vs. Revolver Ocelot

Kraze won last time by flipping Ocelot into an overcutter and abusing that. Josh will want to be careful of that again. Nonetheless, Revolver Ocelot still kept it close even so. Josh won't back down this time. Look for a lot more hits here.

Revolver Ocelot = 60%

Cutie Honey vs. Camo Alert

Very tricky. Cutie Honey can use her spiking tactic to great effect. However, Camo Alert will likely have caught on to her tactics by now. But can he get past that flipper for a possibly decisive flip? It's very hard because Cutie Honey destroys Camo Alert in the drivetrain category.

Camo Alert = 51%

SHWs

Phantasmic Slammer vs. Hector LeMans

I see this as a more lop-sided version of their last match. Hector can hit the flipper of Slammer, but what can he really do to stop it? On the other hand, he's not the easiest bot to push around, and Slammer may get overzealous and provide Hector with a side hit. Still looking like Badnik will get his first final.

Phantasmic Slammer = 80%

Tax Cutter vs. Lethal Injection

In SHW, Kody has been the king of crafty tactics, but his last match against the unexpected powerhouse Hector LeMans proved he's nowhere near invincible. He defeated Lethal Injection before, but GF93 has been just waiting for the time for unleash a devastating tactic. He will have to keep a very sharp eye on what Tax Cutter does, and abuse the lifting plate.

Tax Cutter = 51%
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>unexpected powerhouse Hector LeMans [/quote]
LOLWUT????

There's no way you kept a straight face while writing that. :lol:
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 5 2013&#44; 03:04 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>unexpected powerhouse Hector LeMans [/quote]
LOLWUT????

There's no way you kept a straight face while writing that. :lol: [/quote]
Well I did give a chuckle when I saw that LOLWUT. :lol:

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Welp, now I can go ahead and try to get my video going.

If we get any level of snow like what they're calling for I might not have much else to do otherwise. :v:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Mar 5 2013&#44; 02:49 PM</dd></dl><div> Image

Tax Cutter vs. Lethal Injection

In SHW, Kody has been the king of crafty tactics, but his last match against the unexpected powerhouse Hector LeMans proved he's nowhere near invincible. He defeated Lethal Injection before, but GF93 has been just waiting for the time for unleash a devastating tactic. He will have to keep a very sharp eye on what Tax Cutter does, and abuse the lifting plate.

Tax Cutter = 51% [/quote]
I'm very much liking the 3D rendition of all the Semi Finalists- particularly how they're all laid out with the size difference and everything. One for all the competitors in Ruination would be pure awesomeness. :P

The fight should be pretty good, too- the way I see it, it's beginning to remind me of Rocky Balboa's rematch with Apollo Creed.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:14 pm

RUINATION: THE BEGINNING - FINALS

LWs

Annoying Box Rush vs. Dr. Robotnik

This is tricky. Very tricky. ABR won last time, but that was because Robotnik started as an overcutter, which didn't really help him. I expect him to go undercutter this time. It's still very hard to call...

Annoying Box Rush = 51%

MWs

Luna vs. Braveheart

I am COMPLETELY surprised that I won last time, but I feel Luna won't win this time. Depends on RPs, but from a stat and design standpoint, Braveheart has this.

Braveheart = 75%

HWs

Revolver Ocelot vs. Cutie Honey

Gehhh... SHW looks like a total wash, so it really seems bad I'm putting Honey over Ocelot. But precedence IS with Cutie Honey. She used her 9 speed, 9 traction, and that big-ass 10-armoured scoop to bully Ocelot around last time, and I really see the same thing happening again.

Cutie Honey = 65%

SHWs

Tax Cutter vs. Hector LeMans

ROFLMAO @ Tax Cutter losing last time. That was great. :D

All I'm going to say is that I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY want Hector to win. :(

Tax Cutter = 80%

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:23 pm

Ooof... Some more really unfavorable rematches for me. It's going to be a wild Finals week.