Ruination: The Beginning - Power Rankings

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 11 2013&#44; 05:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Same here. I imagine Braveheart's heading to the playoffs, Kraze is going to be a little tougher, though. Frequency and Agent X have got it all to do, though, they're going to be tricky to keep in contention, but there's every chance. =) Hopefully I can get more than one in this time around. [/quote]
Again, same here- Dreadnought getting to the finals of FRR Dead Zone (And War Bastard nearly making it, too) was nice, but getting at least two in will be even nicer. If it does come to pass, hopefully we'll get some more battles in once we're both in the Final Fours. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:41 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 11 2013&#44; 05:42 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 11 2013&#44; 05:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Same here. I imagine Braveheart's heading to the playoffs, Kraze is going to be a little tougher, though. Frequency and Agent X have got it all to do, though, they're going to be tricky to keep in contention, but there's every chance. =) Hopefully I can get more than one in this time around. [/quote]
Again, same here- Dreadnought getting to the finals of FRR Dead Zone (And War Bastard nearly making it, too) was nice, but getting at least two in will be even nicer. If it does come to pass, hopefully we'll get some more battles in once we're both in the Final Fours. :P [/quote]
Hope you bring your A game to our LW clash mate, I want to have the best match we can possibly have. If I win, you get sent packing. If you win, we could treat that match as a "Taster" for what the finals will be like :P

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:41 am

...So if I lose to Parasite this week then Malevolence can't make the playoffs anymore?
...Great.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 12 2013&#44; 06:41 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Feb 11 2013&#44; 05:42 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 11 2013&#44; 05:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Same here. I imagine Braveheart's heading to the playoffs, Kraze is going to be a little tougher, though. Frequency and Agent X have got it all to do, though, they're going to be tricky to keep in contention, but there's every chance. =) Hopefully I can get more than one in this time around. [/quote]
Again, same here- Dreadnought getting to the finals of FRR Dead Zone (And War Bastard nearly making it, too) was nice, but getting at least two in will be even nicer. If it does come to pass, hopefully we'll get some more battles in once we're both in the Final Fours. :P [/quote]
Hope you bring your A game to our LW clash mate, I want to have the best match we can possibly have. If I win, you get sent packing. If you win, we could treat that match as a "Taster" for what the finals will be like :P [/quote]
Don't you worry, Lian- I'm firing on all cylinders for that one.

Mark my words, boy- once I've spread TSA evenly across the arena, I'll collect up its parts and melt them down for that fancy paperweight I've always wanted. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:16 am

Updated&#33; Tax Cutter is defeated by Agent X and thus no robots are undefeated&#33; Nobody wins&#33; muahahaha

And on a sad note, we must say goodbye to Malevolence who was defeated by Parasite this week. :(
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:03 am

Hmm, I'm Fifth in the rankings now. An improvement on last time, but with a second good (And more likely than not, perfect) week on the cards for next time, hopefully I'll be back near the top again soon enough.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:58 pm

As nice as going 3-1 was, it pretty much dashed any hopes I had of finishing the season with a better overall season record than Kody.

On the plus side, it's Win and In for Robotnik and Rooster Teeth.

Ocelot gets a week off, but he NEEDS to beat Kraze to clinch his spot, I don't want to think about what happens if he loses. (Oh god why am I seeing yet another winless playoff for Ocelot???):(

Hector LeMans is a bit more complicated. Winning either of his last two matches (haha fat chance of that :P ) would be a big plus, but he can only really clinch by winning out (0% chance of happening). So basically he needs a lot of luck on his side.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:25 pm

All right, some updated Playoff stuff:

LW:

Dr. Robotnik:
-Clinches a Playoff spot with a win.

Pyrite:
-If Pyrite beats Annoying Box Rush in Week 9, he clinches.
-He can clinch the #1 seed if he wins and Dr. Robotnik loses both of his fights.

The Servant's Assistant:
-He clinches a playoff spot if he wins out (basically that means beat Frequency).

Okay here's were things go to hell... I've come to the conclusion (and I spent about an hour thinking about it so I'm pretty sure I'm right) that all 6 bots left in the playoff race could concieviably finish 5-3. If that happened, then every bot would have 3 wins and 3 losses against bots in the playoff race. THEREFORE the only logical way to sort it out would be a 6-way rumble with 4 survivors getting in. Seeding at that point would be another story entirely.

I can't even go on thinking about his class until this weeks results.

MW:

Luna:
-If Luna wins one more fight, Luna clinches. (basically Luna is clinched)
-If Luna wins out, Luna clinches the #1 seed

Rooster Teeth:
-Clinches if he beats Stingray
-Can clinch #1 seed with win AND Luna loss AND Braveheart Loss

Braveheart:
-Clinches if he wins out.
-Clinches with win AND Stingray loss OR H&N loss

Hammer & Nailz
-Clinches with win AND Whipcoil loss

Whipcoil:

Hubris:
-Can clinch if he wins out AND a Whipcoil loss

Stingray:
-Can clinch if he wins out AND a Whipcoil loss

HW:

Cutie Honey:
-Has clinced playoff spot (tiebreaker wins over Camo Alert and Parasite)
-Clinches #1 seed with win vs. Kraze

Kraze:
-Has clinched playoff spot (tiebreaker wins over Camo Alert and Parasite)
-Clinches #1 seed if he wins out

Revolver Ocelot:
-Clinches with win OR Camo Alert loss OR Terminal Velocity Loss
-Clinches #1 seed with win and Cutie Honey losing out

Terminal Velocity:
-Clinches if he wins out

Parasite:
-Clinches if he wins out

Camo Alert:
-Clinches if he wins out AND Terminal Velocity loss OR Ocelot loss

SHW:

Tax Cutter:
-Clinches with win
-Clinches #1 seed if he wins out

Phantasmic Slammer:
-Clinches with win
-Clinches #1 seed by winning out AND Tax Cutter loss

Lethal Injection:
-Clinches with win (he fights Punch so this is a given)

Hector LeMans:
-Clinches with win AND Sphere O'Fear loss

Agent X:
-Clinches with win AND Sphere O'Fear Loss AND Hector LeMans losing out
-Clinches with win AND Hector LeMans win AND Lethal Injection losing out

Sphere O'Fear:
-Clinches with win AND Agent X loss AND Hector LeMans loss OR Lethal Injection losing out
-Clinches with win AND Agent X loss AND Hector LeMans loss AND Tax Cutter losing out

But wait, there's more:

A three way rumble for the last spot IF

Hector LeMans beats Phantasmic Slammer AND Agent X wins AND Sphere O'Fear wins (Lethal Injection will get one win and even if he loses against Slammer, he has tie-breaker wins over all three of these bots)
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:24 pm

Great, at first I was rooting for Terminal Velocity to beat Parasite. But now to make sure I get into the play-offs, Parasite has to WIN&#33;

This sucks, i was hoping CA and TV would get another shot at each other :(

GF93

Post by GF93 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Feb 20 2013&#44; 04:24 PM</dd></dl><div> Great, at first I was rooting for Terminal Velocity to beat Parasite. But now to make sure I get into the play-offs, Parasite has to WIN&#33;

This sucks, i was hoping CA and TV would get another shot at each other
ICE³ ROBOTICS

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:20 pm

I hope all you guys depending on WhipCoil's loss are happy
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:38 pm

Hey, beat Luna and you're in the clear&#33; Live the dream buddy&#33;

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:13 pm

You better not throw the fight, Badnik, I'm expecting a good one. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 20 2013&#44; 08:25 PM</dd></dl><div> All right, some updated Playoff stuff:

LW:
I've come to the conclusion (and I spent about an hour thinking about it so I'm pretty sure I'm right) that all 6 bots left in the playoff race could concieviably finish 5-3. If that happened, then every bot would have 3 wins and 3 losses against bots in the playoff race. THEREFORE the only logical way to sort it out would be a 6-way rumble with 4 survivors getting in. Seeding at that point would be another story entirely. [/quote]
I came to the same conclusion. The only logical solution I can come up with is something like an RW-style Annihilator, but not one where we have to RP every week (That would add another month and a half to the tournament with other weight classes doing nothing) or just a six-way rumble to see who lasts the longest.

I did think Kraze was already in, though, good to see that's true. The four-bar flipper of fury continuing its 100% Playoff rate. Let's see if it continues its 100% rate of losing its first playoff match. =P
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Feb 21 2013&#44; 04:01 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Feb 20 2013&#44; 08:25 PM</dd></dl><div> All right, some updated Playoff stuff:

LW:
I've come to the conclusion (and I spent about an hour thinking about it so I'm pretty sure I'm right) that all 6 bots left in the playoff race could concieviably finish 5-3.
ICE³ ROBOTICS