Ruination: The Beginning Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I figured it would be better for an official discussion thread rather than the informal one in the Chit Chat section.

You know the drill, get going! That Armageddon discussion thread record won't break itself.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:52 pm

Ah, thanks for that Josh!

And I doubt that record will ever be broken except by spamming posts. :P Which wouldn't be appreciated.

Anyway, expect my own formal entries by this weekend.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:45 pm

Yeah I hope to have my team up by then too. My only real question mark right now is what I'm going to use in SHW.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 pm

Hmm...if you're not feeling up to making a new SHW, maybe try a re-hashed version of an older bot, like It or Predator? Who knows, they may do better than before.

Myself; as stated before, I'm probably going to stick with my team that's in Lian's Crazy Bots shindig. Though considering I'm having a hard time seeing my clusterbot's flippers, I may re-colour them as well, slightly.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:15 am

Actually I've come up with an idea for a possible new SHW design. I'm going to see how it comes out and go from there.

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:27 am

I should hopefully have a team of some description up soon-ish. MW and SHW ideas are a bit tricky to get down properly, but I'll definitely be entering.

Great to see this moving along, though. =) Hopefully it can get a decent amount of entries.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:06 am

I work fast. 3/4ths of my team up (any potential minor changes to stats notwithstanding). SHW is waiting on me being able to draw it up so I might be able to have a full team up by tonight.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:22 am

Good to see Sarge and Ocelot back, and also good to hear about your new SHW. And...well, nobody needs a reminder of just how awesome I think Robotnik in general, bot or not, is. :P

Bat Country and Cutie Honey are staying, and are now up. Bat Country has had very very minor colour changes while Cutie Honey has, as you've seen, had major colour changes.

Still wondering whether to keep WAFTS (lolwut?) and Creeping Death as well.

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:42 am

When I wake up I'm gonna sketch some designs and then try to get them cad-ededed sometime between today and tommorow-ish.

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:44 am

I'm already liking how competative this season is shaping up to be.

As a side note, since I can't draw my SHW right now, I'm updating the CFL database with the FRR Dead Zone results. This sucks and I hate my life. :)

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Nov 27 2012&#44; 11:44 AM</dd></dl><div> I'm already liking how competative this season is shaping up to be.

As a side note, since I can't draw my SHW right now, I'm updating the CFL database with the FRR Dead Zone results. This sucks and I hate my life. :) [/quote]
I just realized, Ocelot is going to be a bitch to fight with that decent speed and traction coupled with that massive weapon. Methinks your championship drought will come to an end. :P

NFX

Post by NFX » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:40 pm

I think Ocelot is going to be a serious contender, unless something unusual happens. Good to see Dr. Robotnik, though, hopefully he can do well this time around.

Just interested to know about the legality/will-it-work-ness of Seizure, what with the mecanum drive and such. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:05 pm

From what I remember, omni/mecanum bots will have a hard time stopping, turning, and/or and re-orienting an attack because of the complete lack of traction. They WILL be able to, but it will take them about a second at least. This applies more to high speed omnibots because they will slide a long way.

Seizure, as far as I know, would suffer from this a lot because of that combined with its high speed. If it missed an attack, it would probably crash straight into a wall, or slide nearly into it, or a hazard. It would need to line-up its attacks perfectly, and again would suffer because of traction lack.

Don't take my word as golden, though. Perhaps someone else could chime in on this topic?

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 27 2012&#44; 04:05 PM</dd></dl><div> From what I remember, omni/mecanum bots will have a hard time stopping, turning, and/or and re-orienting an attack because of the complete lack of traction. They WILL be able to, but it will take them about a second at least. This applies more to high speed omnibots because they will slide a long way.

Seizure, as far as I know, would suffer from this a lot because of that combined with its high speed. If it missed an attack, it would probably crash straight into a wall, or slide nearly into it, or a hazard. It would need to line-up its attacks perfectly, and again would suffer because of traction lack.

Don't take my word as golden, though. Perhaps someone else could chime in on this topic? [/quote]
Yeah that's about right. It seems similar to John's bot Sidewinder from Annihilation, except Sidewinder had the option to "lock" the wheels and have normal drive for the match, and I don't think Seizure does.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

I've got one or two more designs to scan, and then I think I'll be ready to confirm which ones to go for -I think I've got a fairly good idea of what I'm going to enter, but I just want to make sure I'm going with the best arrangement I can.

And hopefully with a good team, if there's anyone who's going to tan Nick and VEVO's hides in there, it's going to be me :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."