Week 9 predictions

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Week 9 predictions

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:44 am

New year, new fights, new spreads. Still non-binding and for fun of course.

Team Blood Gulch vs. Team Animal Cruelty

Two of the staffers here squaring off. You know this will be interesting. This is also the last week of the regular season that Josh doesn't have to write the result for The Aristocrats. Let's see how this breaks down for these two clowns.

1. Zombie Killer vs. Pit Bull

Philip knows how to use his thwacks. Pushy bots are his forte, but Zombie Killer's got him matched almost ounce for ounce, statwise. This one should be a barn burner, with the edge going to the fact that thwacks usually struggle against wedges. Still, the versatility of Pit Bull's attacks should be a neutralizing factor.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 23-22

2. Rooster Teeth vs. The Aristocrats

As I said, at least Josh won't have to write this one, but this one shouldn't be too much of a toughy for Chris, either. The Aristocrats could make this one interesting with enough well-landed hammer shots, but somehow, I don't think this will be the story.

My prediction: Rooster Teeth by Knockout at 1:44

3. Redemption Denied vs. Babaganoush

This is something of a grudge match, but not quite. Philip and Josh are 1-1 against each other when it comes to their heavyweight flippers facing each other. Truth Or Consequences flipped Babaganoush out of the arena in the questionable AI:NAD tourney, but Babaganoush got the victory over ToC in Annihilation. Redemption Denied's not as sound of a design as ToC, and I think that will be the key to this one, though that three-toed flipper foot will make this one interesting.

My prediction: Babaganoush 27-18

4. It vs. Yellow Cloud

Again, Philip's forte is fast, pushy bots. If he can maneuver, he can win. The dual discs will give It the damage category, but It'll struggle for the rest of the fight.

My prediction: Yellow Cloud 30-15

Team Gemini vs. Team Hunga

Two more staffers go at it this week. Also, the #1 and #2 RPers in the history of our leagues. If nothing else, these will be interesting.

1. Red Zone vs. Underall

Somehow I get the feeling Red Zone was designed to take on Underall. Somehow, I still feet that won't matter a whole lot.

My prediction: Underall 27-18

2. Sunshine vs. My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World

Two hammerbots! It's like Hammertime vs. The Judge, except this one will last longer. Weapon to armor ratios will factor big here.

My prediction: Sunshine by Knockout at 1:22

3. Striker vs. Giant Swan

A battle of whose lower, but more than that, I just don't think Giant Swan will be able to get the flips on Striker.

My prediction: Striker 38-7

4. Jack Frost vs. Japanese School Girl

Wow. This one will definitely end in a knockout, one way or the other. If Jack Frost can thread the needle, he may pull it off; otherwise, JSG's gonna be the story here.

My prediction: Japanese School Girl by Knockout at 2:11

Team Concept Robotics vs. Team Andrewbot

I'm not asking for a lot, really. Just that at least one of these two RP. The coin will be very busy this weekend.

1. Prodigy vs. Corrosive

If they both RP, it may be interesting. Prodigy's best bet is to go weapon to weapon. But it may not matter.

My prediction: Corrosive by Knockout at 1:25

2. Bling 2K vs. Disc Obsession

If they both RP.... again, weapon to weapon is Jason's best bet, but not enough

My prediction: Disc Obsession by Knockout at 2:22

3. Devil's Reject vs. Poly-Stone

Devil's Reject's parts will litter the floor, if they both RP, that is.

My prediction: Poly-Stone by Knockout at 0:44

4. Colonel Kickass vs. Snewer Sake

Assuming they both RP, I think the Colonel has a shot. Should be good.

My prediction: Colonel Kickass by Knockout at 2:54

Team AC/DC vs. Team Hitmen

What a matchup this will be: Anthony and the guy who impersonated him on the phone at ARCCON '06.

1. Double Dose vs. Novastorm

Double Dose is gonna be the story on damage. Novastorm's gonna have to be in it will all heart and every bit of armor it's got in order to pull it off. Fortunately, I think Novastorm has those things.

My prediction: Novastorm 23-22

2. AMP vs. Shovearound 2

Two power spinners in a row for Shovearound 2. I think it's gonna spell disaster for the pusher.

My prediction: AMP by Knockout at 2:18

3. Some Kind Of Monster vs. Aquarius

Two power flippers in a row for Some Kind Of Monster. I think it's gonna spell disaster for the drumbot.

My prediction: Aquarius 34-11

4. Road Rage vs. AK-47 Slapper

Road Rage can't clamp that satellite dish...he'll wreck the reception! Road Rage will struggle to just handle the bot, but AK-47 Slapper will have trouble dishing out the pain.

My prediction: Road Rage 26-19

Team Fire-And-Ice vs. Team Targeted

These two teams seem to be evenly matched, I think, when you just compare their abilities to design and strategize. These could be good.

1. Gayle vs. Prof. Pepperdine

Prof. Pepperdine just isn't gonna be able to flip that OMFG! WIDE BASE! of Gayle. I doubt he'll be able to push him around much either.

My prediction: Gayle by Knockout at 2:27

2. Shockwave vs. FBSDS

I try not to give away winning strategies when I do these things, but I'm seeing a big chance that Shockwave can win. Lessee if Paul picks up on it.

My prediction: Shockwave 29-16

3. Flaminco vs. Tank

That heavy wedge hasn't been boding too well for G-Force. But lessee which attachment Tank goes for here. That may make a difference.

My prediction: Tank 44-1

4. Cascade vs. Eurypterus

I like the design of Cascade. I really do. But it seems to have been struggling lately. G-Force will have to RP his ass off for this one, but I think it could happen.

My prediction: Cascade 24-21

Team "Yellow Alert" vs. Team Omegaforce

Ok, Nick. You want realism in competitors, here you go. John will give it to you and thensome. Bring your A Game. And the suit you wish to buried in, just in case.

1. Exotherm vs. Sovereign

Sovereign's not afraid to attack deadly weapons, and I think that applies here, too. But he may not have to either.

My prediction: Sovereign 33-12

2. Influenza vs. JAKT

Which end JAKT attacks with is key. Look for sparks at the very least.

My prediction: Influenza by Knockout at 2:45

3. V'Ger vs. Adrenaline

Surprisingly, I think this one will be close. V'Ger will have to focus on damaging Adrenaline as much as possible, but it might not be enough.

My prediction: Adrenaline 23-22

4. In the red square.... MINION! vs. Copperhead

Which end Minion attacks with and whose lower are big here, but so is the speed difference.

My prediction: In the red square.... MINION! 23-22

Those are my calls. And remember, it's not whether you win or lose, it's whether or not I'm right.

panicattacky2k

Week 9 predictions

Post by panicattacky2k » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:31 am

Do by some stroke of luck, still have this recording of Paul impersonating me on the phone?

Siphai

Week 9 predictions

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:04 pm

lol no, he did it when I called them during ARCCON.

succotash_54

Week 9 predictions

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:58 pm

Yeah, we tried recording it, but the only thing that we could hear on playback was Siphai.

Minion33088

Week 9 predictions

Post by Minion33088 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:44 pm

Yeah, I still have it recorded somewhere, but my phone only recorded for 5 minutes and it only recorded Syphilis.

:-)

Siphai

Week 9 predictions

Post by Siphai » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:53 am

I feel sorry for your phone then. At least they have a cure for that disease.