War of the Giants discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:44 am

Oh god those wheels. Oh god.

Spinning Void.

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:05 pm

I thought the original iteration of the Combat Zone had some hammers in the corner...

But whatever. use the extremely low scoops to get under him and ass-rape him, drive him over the saws, spikes, run him into the wall... Basically dominate.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:15 pm

Battle:

Mr. AS' bot comes in rather quickly into the center of the Combat Arena, Minesweeper however getting there first. AS' bot fires its weapons but because of the low traction stat he only pushes himself away. Minesweeper them comes in and AS' bot, unable to get away, eventually is whittled down by being slammed into walls, hazards and the like. Stabilizing legs are damaged and bent and the rams can barely move by the time 3 minutes are up.

Aggression: 12-3 Minesweeper
Damage 15-0 Minesweeper
Strategy 14-1 Minesweeper

Minesweeper wins a 41-4 decision.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Nov 20 2011&#44; 03:15 PM</dd></dl><div> Battle:

Mr. AS' bot comes in rather quickly into the center of the Combat Arena, Minesweeper however getting there first. AS' bot fires its weapons but because of the low traction stat he only pushes himself away. Minesweeper them comes in and AS' bot, unable to get away, eventually is whittled down by being slammed into walls, hazards and the like. Stabilizing legs are damaged and bent and the rams can barely move by the time 3 minutes are up.

Aggression: 12-3 Minesweeper
Damage 15-0 Minesweeper
Strategy 14-1 Minesweeper

Minesweeper wins a 41-4 decision. [/quote]
...It's a rammer

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Nov 18 2011&#44; 04:54 PM</dd></dl><div>Mr. AwesumSauce (me) Vs. Meganew

4WD NPC Fasts, 8 ramming weapons, 6 stabilizing legs making it difficult to flip over this monstrosity, but if it does get flipped, then it has no way of getting back on it's wheels...

STATS:
Speed: 6
Armor: 10
Traction: 3
Weapon: 3

[/quote]

NFX

Post by NFX » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Why did you bother giving it a Weapon stat if it's a rammer?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 20 2011&#44; 05:36 PM</dd></dl><div> Why did you bother giving it a Weapon stat if it's a rammer? [/quote]
Reminds me of when Sparkey gave his SHW Jab an 11-point wedge
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

V900

Post by V900 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 20 2011&#44; 04:36 PM</dd></dl><div> Why did you bother giving it a Weapon stat if it's a rammer? [/quote]
Don't rammers do damage?
Or have I just played RA2 too much...

oh well, I'll just let meganew through, not like it would make any difference if badnik made it a rammer.

Badnik vs. NFX go.

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Nov 20 2011&#44; 08:58 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Nov 20 2011&#44; 05:36 PM</dd></dl><div> Why did you bother giving it a Weapon stat if it's a rammer? [/quote]
Reminds me of when Sparkey gave his SHW Jab an 11-point wedge [/quote]
I should have made the weapon "eyefuck laser."

NFX

Post by NFX » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:19 am

RP up on GTM.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

V900

Post by V900 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:24 pm

Badnik96 Vs. NFX

Ouroboros

Omnidrive ring spinner designed by me and CAD'ed by NFX. Will annihilate everything with a speed equal to all bricks and a weapon that can break most armor in judt a few hits.

Speed: 7
Weapon: 10
Armor: 5
Traction: 0 (it's an omni drive bot)

VS.

Entering. =D

A giant pair of hydraulic mandibles attached to a drivetrain. With a wedge on the back. Modular design gives improved reliability (hopefully), and the robot is fully invertible. LED strips on the side, just for fun.

Traction: 6
Weapon: 4
Armour: 6

Jaws tries to rush in, but Ouroboros spins up before Jaws gets a chance to clamp it, and sends it flying a foot away. Jaws tries to go back over to Ouroboros, only to get sent away, and so on for a good 3 hits, when Jaws' jaws are quite damaged and can only act as a (weak) clamp, it FINALLY gets the chance to pinch Ouroboros, doing almost no damage to the ring, but it goes to the hellraisers and hold it over the spikes to damage it, damaging the wheels a bit and reducing the speed to the same level of Jaws. Then after 15 seconds, it moves over to the saws to damage Ouroboros some more, and cuts into the armor. Jaws continues this cycle until Ouroboros escapes with 1:14 left of the match, then it tries to get away from Jaws to spin up, but it isn't very fast and has to settle for half-decent hits, after 39 seconds of getting hit by Ouroboros, Jaws' jaws are completely dysfunctional, and liquid starts leaking from it. Jaws is counted out after 2:46.

Winner: Ouroboros by KO, Match length 2:46

Enigma vs. Sparkey go

V900

Post by V900 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Sparkey this tourney is at a standstill until you get your strategy in.

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm

Outbreak of Evil

VS

Box O' Rox

My Strategy:

Looking at OutBreak Of Evil (We'll call him OOE) I can see that he is a very sturdy built bot with a classic three dimensional trapezoid chassis. Obviously he has a flame thrower mounted on the front, and seeing that I have rubber/plastic wheels I am going to try to steer clear of the front of the machine. My main tactic is going to be to try to drive to one side of OOE, either the left or right (or back if possible) and try to get Box O' Rox (BOR) on top of OOE. Since my weapon is a type of entrapment device, once I get on top I will activate the weapon and try to get the "shell" over the front of OOE and then try to drag him around the arena into the hazards and what not. Of course if this doesn't work, BOR has a chassis shape designed to thwack, so I can open up the shell and convert to "thwack mode" and spin...and spin....and spin until I can actually do damage to him.

I do apologize for the lateness, and excessive grammar errors. Per ARC tradition, I got sick right when I needed to post my RP strategy's :wat:

V900

Post by V900 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:46 pm

Enigma Vs. Sparkey989

Outbreak of Evil:
Traction: 6
Weapon: 6 (see what i did there u guise ?)
Armour: 4
Is very low to the ground and features a flame thrower. Is also invertable, and relies on pushing power as much as burninating.
It originally had a pentagram on top, but i got buttfrustrated when drawing a crappy one, so i baleeted it.

VS.

ImageBasically the monstrosity of creation you are looking at is a thwack bot with a box on the front. It uses a high power winch motor to sling the box forward over opponents to drag them around on hazards and what not. When not in use the box acts as "armor."
NOTES:
>The Body is made from a high tech composite bullet proof material known to some as "a Tin Foil cake pan"
>The body is the front two wheels, handle and steering system of a Flexible Flyer wagon
>I made it in fifth Grade

Both bots rush in, with BOR getting it's shell over OOE, and trying to drag it over ti the hell-raiser spikes, when it gets there, it does a bit of damage to OOE, It gets hit by the spikes 5 times before it escapes from BOR. OOE's armor now has multiple holes in it. OOE then rushes BOR into the wall and starts flaming the crap out of it. It makes the cake p- I mean, shell on BOR a bit crisper and easier to break. OOE then backs up (15 second pinning rule) and charges in again, and flames it again, burning BOR's trap to a crisp. When it goes to burn it for the 3rd time, BOR gets it's box on OOE, only for it to get a medium-size crack. BOR takes OOE to the saws to get OOE's wheels grind-ed up for a bit. The underside of OOE now has multiple gashes in it. When it lets go, OOE can't seem to drive very well, as the saws took harshly to OOE's wheels and severely damaged 2 of them, hindering it's driving ability. BOR then proceeds to drag OOE around the Combat Zone, tearing up OOE's undersides with the hazards whilst OOE tries desperately to burn BOR but barely manages to get BOR's shell to get a small chip. With 1:40 minutes left of the match, OOE starts to run out of gas for it's flame throwers. As the flames get weaker, it does less and less damage to BOR. With 1:00 left of the match, any movement by OOE slowly grinds to a halt. It is counted out with 50 seconds left of the match.

Sparkey wins by KO, Match length 2:10.

NWOWWE vs. Meganew go

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:35 am

His lifter shouldn't be that effective considering the weight of my scoops and their hinging... Go after the corner skirts where he's vulnerable and shove him hard into the walls. If that doesn't work, CALL IN AN AC-130 AND FUCK THAT SHIT UP&#33;&#33;&#33;

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:35 pm

0_0 Sparkey actually won a match??

Yay, easy victory for me&#33;
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ