War of the Giants discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sparkey989</dt><dd>Nov 8 2011&#44; 04:52 PM</dd></dl><div> "Placeholder" as in "I want to use it unless I can come up with something better." I asked NFX to CAD something for me and I was only going to use it IF he did it, So keep me in. [/quote]
ok
if all 16 places are filled before the time the bot is CAD-ed, it's staying the way it is&#33;

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:46 pm

Well yes of course.

V900

Post by V900 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:13 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sparkey989</dt><dd>Nov 8 2011&#44; 06:46 PM</dd></dl><div> Well yes of course. [/quote]
May I remind you that nfx's laptop charger assploded and now he can't be on it that much anymore.

Badnik added.

V900

Post by V900 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:34 pm

I'm closing signups in 1 week, maybe 16 entry spots was a bit too much...

V900

Post by V900 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

Signups are closed

Matches:
SKBT vs. NWOWWE
Mr. AwesumSauce vs. Meganew
Badnik96 vs. NFX
Enigma vs. Sparkey989
and before anyone says "omfg rigged gayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...(etc.)", I used http://www.random.org/lists/ to make the match-ups

SKBT vs. NWOWWE up first&#33;

SKBT's bot:
"One Dumb Wedge

Stats:
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Weapon: 0
Armor: 8

Weight: 338 lbs

Two E tek motors driving 8" foam filled wheels, 3/8" thick TI front wedge and 1/2" thick TI rear ramming bar with two removable spikes depending on the opponent. It's traction is cut in 1/2 when inverted because the front wedge horns keep the front wheels off the ground when inverted."

VS.

NWOWWE's bot:
"Team Blood Gulch:

Final Boss
Armor: 7
Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 3
Low to the ground and has hinged skirting on front and sides and has a lifter. It can move while inverted and can use the lifter to help self-right."

Post your strategies&#33;
(protip: you can either post the strategies here or in the GTM War of The Giants thread: http://gametechmods.com/forums/index.ph ... 894.0.html)

SKBT

Post by SKBT » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:29 pm

Strategy:

If Final Boss's wedge is lower than One Dumb Wedge's wedge the strategy is get to the skirtless rear and push Final Boss around using the frontal wedge. One Dumb Wedge is faster and has enough torque to "powerslide" to keep the wedge pointed at Final Boss even when trying to get around to the back. And if successful pin and hold against the wall, back off once 15s is up and quickly get back on Final Boss and keep pinning or pushing it around.

If One Dumb Wedge's wedge is lower the strategy is simple, push Final Boss around for as much as possible.

If One Dumb Wedge gets inverted the strategy will be try to ramp up Final Boss's wedge and re-invert with it.

I'm not sure I did it right for ARC standards but I hope this is what you want)

V900

Post by V900 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:47 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SKBT</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 08:29 PM</dd></dl><div>

I'm not sure I did it right for ARC standards but I hope this is what you want) [/quote]
This is fine, now I'm just waiting for NWOWWE's strategy.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:00 pm

Wedge vs. Wedge... let's get dangerous&#33;

-We both have perfect speed/traction ratio's so control is, for all intents and purposes, a wash. He does have me beat out in speed by one point though, so no need to get careless.

-I have two significant advantages in this fight: first, I have hinged skirting while he only has a static wedge and hinged wedges typically have the advantage on static wedges. Second, I have an active weapon, namely my lifter. Since this fight will largely consist of wedging and slamming, having an lifter to control him and flip him over and whatnot could be a huge advantage in picking up Judges Points.

-The tactic is simple: keep my front facing him. Since we're pretty close in speed and have equal control it shouldn't be too difficult provided I don't make any boneheaded errors while driving.

-Basically I'll be trying to force head to head meetings as much as possible. The more passive and/or fancy he tries to get the better it will look for me in terms of aggression since I'm looking for more straightforward attacking.

-Defensively just try to keep off his wedge. If he's attempting to just drive over me, I'll start driving with the lifter raised, which will keep him from being able to do so, and I might be able to use it as a clamp in the bargain.

Good Luck&#33;
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

SKBT

Post by SKBT » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 08:47 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SKBT</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 08:29 PM</dd></dl><div>

I'm not sure I did it right for ARC standards but I hope this is what you want) [/quote]
This is fine, now I'm just waiting for NWOWWE's strategy. [/quote]
So now that he's posted his strategy what happens now?

V900

Post by V900 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SKBT</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 09:10 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 08:47 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>SKBT</dt><dd>Nov 17 2011&#44; 08:29 PM</dd></dl><div>

This is fine, now I'm just waiting for NWOWWE's strategy. [/quote]
So now that he's posted his strategy what happens now?[/quote]
I post the results of what would happen.
LIKE SO:
One Dumb Wedge Vs. Final Boss
*Match start*
ODW attempts to speed over to the back of Final boss, but fails, and flys over to the side of Final Boss. Final Boss turns around and goes over to ODW, and Final Boss flips it over. ODW attempts to re-invert itself, and manages to fly off of Final Boss, re-inverting itself in the process. ODW then tries to pin Final Boss, and it... succeeds&#33; But it has NO WEAPON to cause any damage with, so it just holds Final boss there for 15 seconds. Then ODW backs up to pin it again, but Final Boss flips it over, then ODW tries to re-invert itself, but is clamped and crushed by Final Boss, damaging the armor. But before any crucial damage is done to it, the 3 minute time limit is up. It goes to the judges.

tl;dr total bore-fest because ODW basically has no weapon. <_<

Aggression: 9 - 6 One Dumb Wedge
Damage: 14 - 1 Final Boss
Strategy: 8 - 7 Final Boss

TOTAL: 28 - 23
WINNER: Final Boss

V900

Post by V900 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:54 pm

Mr. AwesumSauce (me) Vs. Meganew

4WD NPC Fasts, 8 ramming weapons, 6 stabilizing legs making it difficult to flip over this monstrosity, but if it does get flipped, then it has no way of getting back on it's wheels...

STATS:
Speed: 6
Armor: 10
Traction: 3
Weapon: 3

VS.

Also think I'll enter with Minesweeper. As in the original one.

Armor: 8
Weapon: 0
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Removed the pointless weapons. They're simply hinged to scrape against the floor.

My strategy:
This should really be a curb-stomp battle, because Minesweeper has no weapons. Unless it manages to push me onto any hazards, which probably wouldn't do practically anything because my armor stat is so high. If it does start pushing me however, I'll try to get away from it, and ram it. Keep ramming Minesweeper until it is defeated.

Badnik's Writing my matches, BTW.

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:35 pm

Yeah, good luck with that.

I have 2 words going for me this time: scoops and drivetrain. I can and will outpush him with every opportunity I get. With the scoops being hinged to where they scrape the floor, they should pretty easily get under his... erm... thingies. If possible, send him to the hammers and hold him there. After a while, he should have the shit beaten out of him.

V900

Post by V900 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:00 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Nov 18 2011&#44; 06:35 PM</dd></dl><div>If possible, send him to the hammers and hold him there.[/quote]
There are no hammers.
This is the combat zone.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Nov 5 2011&#44; 07:59 PM</dd></dl><div>All battles will take place in the combat zone.
Image[/quote]

Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:32 pm

Could you mind posting a picture of what I'm fighting?

V900

Post by V900 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Sparkey989</dt><dd>Nov 19 2011&#44; 01:32 PM</dd></dl><div>Could you mind posting a picture of what I'm fighting?[/quote]
Your fighting Enigma's bot:

"Outbreak of Evil:
"Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 6 (see what i did there u guise ?)
Armour: 4
Is very low to the ground and features a flame thrower. Is also invertable, and relies on pushing power as much as burninating.
It originally had a pentagram on top, but i got buttfrustrated when drawing a crappy one, so i baleeted it."

But you're not fighting until we get
Me vs. Meganew
and
Badnik96 vs. NFX
done.