War of the Giants discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:57 am

*pokes*

Is this round waiting on RPs yet?
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:43 pm

We're waiting for Sparkey989 to submit his strategy against Badnik's bot, but I havn't seen him online for the past few days...

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:51 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 7 2011&#44; 03:43 PM</dd></dl><div> We're waiting for Sparkey989 to submit his strategy against Badnik's bot, but I havn't seen him online for the past few days... [/quote]
If he doesn't show up soon, just disqualify him. He's really not worth it...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

V900

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:35 pm

I'll probably give him 2 more days.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 7 2011&#44; 04:51 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 7 2011&#44; 03:43 PM</dd></dl><div> We're waiting for Sparkey989 to submit his strategy against Badnik's bot, but I havn't seen him online for the past few days... [/quote]
If he doesn't show up soon, just disqualify him. He's really not worth it... [/quote]
I see he hasn't changed since the GTM permaban.

What a pity.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

V900

Post by V900 » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:06 pm

sorry sparks

Sparkey

Basically the monstrosity of creation you are looking at is a thwack bot with a box on the front. It uses a high power winch motor to sling the box forward over opponents to drag them around on hazards and what not. When not in use the box acts as "armor."
NOTES:
>The Body is made from a high tech composite bullet proof material known to some as "a Tin Foil cake pan"
>The body is the front two wheels, handle and steering system of a Flexible Flyer wagon
>I made it in fifth Grade

vs.

Badnik

Ouroboros

Ouroboros

Omnidrive ring spinner designed by me and CAD'ed by NFX. Will annihilate everything with a speed equal to all bricks and a weapon that can break most armor in judt a few hits.

Speed: 7
Weapon: 10
Armor: 5
Traction: 0 (it's an omni drive bot)

Ouroboroboroboroboroboroboros goes over to BOR, Sparkey hits the button for the shell to trap Ouroboros, but he soon makes a shocking realization... he forgot to put in a battery&#33; Ouroboros proceeds to tear BOR up over the saws and with it's weapon. By the time BOR is counted out, both it's wheels have been torn off and ripped in two, its shell had shattered into at least 10 pieces because it had such bad armor. Not even the metal beam supporting the box to the wheels is safe, as it is quite bent. Cease is called before the damage becomes irreparable.

Winner, and on to the finals: Badnik
-Flawless Victory-

V900

Post by V900 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:42 am

NWOWWE vs. Badnik rp's please

V900

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:12 pm

NWOWWE VS. Badnik

"Team Blood Gulch:

Final Boss
Armor: 7
Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 3
Low to the ground and has hinged skirting on front and sides and has a lifter. It can move while inverted and can use the lifter to help self-right."

vs.

Ouroboros
Ouroboros
Omnidrive ring spinner designed by me and CAD'ed by NFX. Will annihilate everything with a speed equal to all bricks and a weapon that can break most armor in judt a few hits.
Speed: 7
Weapon: 10
Armor: 5
Traction: 0 (it's an omni drive bot)

WALL OF TEXT INCOMING:

Both bots rush in (per usual), and Ouroboros tries to go for the back of FB, but FB tries to ram it with it's front. Ouroboros has spun up by this time though, and both Ouroboros and FB go flying the second FB rams into it, scratching the very top of FB's arm, but not causing too much apparent damage. While Ouroboros is spinning uncontrollably and dangerously near the saws. FB ventures near Ouroboros and goes under Ouroboros to lift it up. It manages to lift Ouroboros up while being careful not to let it's weapon hit the ground, otherwise it'll just launch itself across the arena. FB then speeds over to the walls and smashes Ouroboros. The rubbery omniwheels scratch against the Fiberglass/plexi-glass wall and puts strain on the axles spinning the wheels, but that doesn't cause much complication for Ouroboros. After FB lets go of Ouroboros, it falls down off the wall and starts spinning on it's weapon, damaging it. FB raises it's arm to prepare to clamp Ouroboros with, and manages to clamp it after Ouroboros is done dancing around on it's side and it's weapon is bent and battered even more by the force of it's own weapon. With 1:45 minutes of the match left, FB lets go of FB and prepares to lift Ouroboros. Ouroboros has spun up by the time FB backs up and charges towards Ouroboros. When FB gets under Ouroboros, the impact of Ouroboros' (damaged) weapon causes both Ouroboros and FB to get tossed by the impact. One of Ouroboros's spikes tears off of it's spinning ring after over 30 seconds total of spinning around on it's weapon and causes instability. From there, FB can easily grapple onto Ouroboros and box-rush it into walls. After Ouroboros spins up under FB's claw, as FB slams it into the wall, Ouroboros bounces away from the wall and ends up away from FB, it prepares to spin up it's weapon, but it's abruptly interrupted by FB rusing in to get under it. Ouroboros starts uncontrollably spinning on top of FB and damages the top alot and puts several punctures in the top of FB. It even damages one of it's wheels. FB then tries to get a hold of Ouroboros with 45 seconds left of the match. It succeeds, but it's driving is slightly impaired from Ouroboros spinning it's weapon on it. After smashing it into the wall some more and crushing it and letting the hazards have a go at Ouroboros, Ouroboros has many piercings in it's armor and it is moving quite slowly. It's weapon is moving much slower than it was previously moving at, and is almost incapable of causing damage, with 6 seconds left of the match, Ouroboros is counted out after it finally is slammed into submission be FB. To add a bit of insult to injury, FB clamps Ouroboros (with it's damaged claw) onto the saws and leaves it there for it to get torn up.

Champion: NWOWWE
Runner-Up: Badnik96

Judges are now awarding other awards...
Most One Sided Match: Sparkey989 Vs. Badnik96 (Sparks forgot to put in the battery so Ouroboros just tore BOR up)
Most Disappointing Run: NFX (A bot that could've gone far got pitted up against the to-be runner-up)
Most Surprising: Sparkey989 (While everyone was saying that his bot would fail miserably, he manged to defeat OOE)

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:37 pm

question: Will this go to CFL rankings?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Don't think so. Robot Attack didn't go towards the rankings either.

Nice to have won the BTRSHDBBDDTBL award, though. =D At least it looked cool.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

V900

Post by V900 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Dec 22 2011&#44; 05:37 PM</dd></dl><div> question: Will this go to CFL rankings? [/quote]
yes

they were regular 1-on-1 matches