FRR Dead Zone preseason picks

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:11 pm

I reckon it should do alright, personally. Two forms of offense should be reasonably versatile, but it'll be interesting to see how it deals with the other big name controlling bricks. Should definitely get at least a few wins. Could perhaps break even. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:00 pm

Glad you like it, guys :lol:

Anyway, I see that I might've found myself a bit of a rival in Peppernut, being another fast and manoueverable brick. Wonder how I'll do against him? :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Peppernut will leave you screaming for mercy GF93.

Lethal Injection is a brick, will be difficult to fight for about everyone, it's the kind of design that would have done real well in the old ARC system where Wedge was not a stat, it remains to be seen how badly such designs have been affected, but Im seeing a solid entry in Lethal Injection.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Oct 21 2011&#44; 04:55 PM</dd></dl><div> Peppernut will leave you screaming for mercy GF93.

Lethal Injection is a brick, will be difficult to fight for about everyone, it's the kind of design that would have done real well in the old ARC system where Wedge was not a stat, it remains to be seen how badly such designs have been affected, but Im seeing a solid entry in Lethal Injection. [/quote]
Not before I've cracked it, mate >=D

But yes, that's the thing- having to divert points to the wedge and things do tend to affect these designs to a degree. Still, it's good to see that people like the design- I mainly intended it as something of an anti-spinner design.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NFX

Post by NFX » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Nice to see you bringing your good-natured banter to ARC, GF93. =D

I think Lethal Injection would have done well in the previous ARC system, much like the original incarnation of Scatterbrain. Seems we both came in a little bit late. Although we won't have to switch over from the previous stat system as much as some other members, and perhaps we'll pick this one up a little bit easier.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:10 pm

never really felt like doing these predictions, never really felt like labeling any favorites before the action kicks off, I still don't really feel like doing THAT, but I will pick 4 interesting designs in each weight class and spend some words on each one ;)

LIGHTWEIGHTS
The Servant's Assistant-For its use of the innovative tourque stat. Furthermore it's a brick with an ok flipper... could have used more wedge.
Scarab-Will hurt things, and instead of stopping there, will hurt more things. Yeah. That's what I think.
Dr. Robotnik-Fairly generic invertible spinner design that has little going against it....
Red Zone-A brick thing that pushes you around or lifts you up, or does both. It does both fairly well.

MIDDLEWEIGHTS
FIRE&#33; FIRE&#33; FIRE&#33;-A kind of design that sprung my mind once or twice. A versatile weapon that I wouldn't mind to see do well.
Messiah-A fairly generic invertible spinner... with a wedge. Seems an ok combination.
Automaton-Good wedgebot. It wedges you and flips you.
King Dedede-I'm liking that thing surprisingly. Odd design, but it can bring in that axe real well, could be threatening that way.

HEAVYWEIGHTS
Killobite (Sigma)-It's like Razer, with a lightning bolt. The kind of design that should be around and get things in its clutches.
Kraze 3-Lookin' good, what a fun weapon. That's what I say&#33;
Punch Buggy-If I were Alex I would have used the sloped wheels on Dr. Pepperline instead, nevertheless Punch Buggy packs a punch in its thwack, spikes AND potentially wedge, fun thing.
Blood Thirsty-Good. Invertible box with useful flipper or clamp, will beat things, I say.

SUPERHEAVYWEIGHT
Jack Frost-Well, I've already used the phrase "generic invertible spinner" more than once... this thing too will do damage&#33;
Agent X-Can beat plenty of robots, with a fairly simple design. Wedge them and lift them with ease.
Final Boss-Will flip things, many things.
Lethal Injection-I've actually already given my opinion on him in my previous post, lol ;).

GF93

Post by GF93 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Oct 21 2011&#44; 05:11 PM</dd></dl><div> Nice to see you bringing your good-natured banter to ARC, GF93. =D

I think Lethal Injection would have done well in the previous ARC system, much like the original incarnation of Scatterbrain. Seems we both came in a little bit late. Although we won't have to switch over from the previous stat system as much as some other members, and perhaps we'll pick this one up a little bit easier. [/quote]
Definitely- if it works well on GTM, it should be even better on here, with the wider range of designs and names and all ^_^

And yes- you're referring to that system we used in GTM vs ARC, right? If so, then yeah, that's a definite thought.
Still, I've taken to this new system quite well, I'd say- hopefully that'll play to my advantage once the time comes to put my GTM boot into ARC backsides :lol:
ICE³ ROBOTICS