FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:51 pm

With the recent re-launch of Advanced Robot Combat, the time is right to begin another tournament.

The ARC rules are currently undergoing some fine-tuning so the sign-up thread will be posted once they are set (which should be within the week).

One change (and this will be outlined in the sign-up thread) is that there will be a "soft" RP word limit of 700 words. Basically this means that the individual writer will reserve the right to stop reading the RP after this limit. This is basically to ecourage people to be more concise with their RP's. 700 words should still allow people that like more detail to give in-depth RP's without completely dwarfing people that favor shorter, more direct RP's. It may be a good idea for people to consider incorperating a outline/list style used prominately by Spatula last season.

We will continue to use the Round Robin/Playoff format with an even number of entrants being preferable.

So let the talk begin!
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:46 pm

ok let's get this post train a-rollin' :cool:

probably entering a completely reptile themed team into this, including Whipcoil, a shell spinner and a VS
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NFX » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:16 am

I'm entering this. =D I might have to make some new bots, or bring back some old ones from ARC Armageddon for a second shot.

I try to keep my RP's close to 500 words, with a kind of opening Stat comparison paragraph, one for the main offensive tactics, one for the secondary offensive tactics, one for defensive tactics and/or hazards, and a conclusive summary paragraph. Should cover all the bases in a strategy, I reckon. I hope that's alright for stuff here.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Area51Escapee

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:28 am

Sweet. I'll probably enter in the next few days. Not really sure which 4 I want to use, though. Maybe I'll bring in a few rookies but mix it with a vet. Maybe I'll bring back Red Zone.

We'll also have the new ruleset up shortly. Trust me when I say it'll be a lot less time consuming as far as RPing goes.

Siphai

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Siphai » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:38 pm

I nearly have my SHW conceptualized, I just need to actually CAD it. Probably going to be some kind of drum bot.

Badnik96

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:29 pm

already got a team set up, just need to draw them. Only spoiler is that Whipcoil returns for a third time.

Fun Fact: Sparkey actually sorta motivated me to make the original Whipcoil. He posted a GTM thread "MSP bot showcase" and started filling it with his stuff. He wanted us to post bots so I did, and one of them was the original Whipcoil. It was like Razer with exposed whels and a longer chassis. Sparkey made some spam comment like "OMG WIPCOIL IS 3P1C" or something. Later some other guy did an MSP tourney and I entered the Whipcoil you guys saw in ARC. That tourney got shelved and nothing else gave me an opportunity to use him. Then ARC came around and after I realized Exiled Samurai was gonna do shit I swapped him out for Chameleon, then Tomb of Anubis, then Whipcoil, being completely out of ideas and struck with what seemed like genius at the time.

...so now you know. And knowing is half the battle.

GI JOEEEEEEE
Team Ignition

NFX

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NFX » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:13 am

I have a couple of new ideas I sketched out during my lunch break at college. Just need to build them in Rhino properly. =D
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

MadBull

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by MadBull » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:27 pm

how drastic will the new rules be? will they be clause to Alex' earlier "experimental" stuff?

NWOWWE

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:26 pm

Um no, nothing that extreme. Mostly we want to address the Torque/Traction stuff since people aren't really happy with that.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:33 pm

yay, cuz I need to make a decision based on that for my HW

unfortunately my compy died and I'll be using my bro's to draw up my entries. All I can say is snakes ftw.
Team Ignition

NWOWWE

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:02 pm

Okay the rules are mostly set now (just a small detail or two iron out yet) so you can probably expect sign-ups withen the next couple days.

Badnik96

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:37 pm

yay!

and with that, I will fully unveil my lineup!

LW- Ringhal- invertible omnidrive ring spinner.

MW- Seviper- 4WD brick rammer-type Pokemon. Also knows Poison Tail.

HW- Bush Viper: 4WD rammer with a fierce eggbeater weapon and spikes all around. A sharp tool in the shed in more ways than one.

SHW- Apophis- as seen in GTM vs ARC. Dual VS a la Village Idiot.
Team Ignition

Sparkey989

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by Sparkey989 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:32 am

We could try a one bot format...

NFX

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NFX » Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:19 am

More bots give people more chances to do well. Here's what my lineup will probably be. =D

LW: Scatterbrain
MW: Pursuit
HW: Kraze 3
SHW: Jaws
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

NWOWWE

FRR Dead Zone Discussion

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:21 am

The only thing I really know for sure right now is that I plan on using Final Boss again in SHW. I have thoughts for other weightclasses, but nothing set in stone right now.