Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:09 PM</dd></dl><div> Believe me, I'm quite surprised by it. Maybe I'm still a pessimist. <_< [/quote]
Well that's a given :v:

On my side of things, Go Sarge&#33; It was touch and go there but he pulled it off&#33; Now 2/4 of my original line has won a championship and Spike and Godfather are coming back for another chance. And since Final Boss is now done its nice to see him walk off with a nice consolation prize with the rumble win.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:53 pm

Well that makes it 2 Championships in a Row that BlackRose has won. Holy shrimp&#33; :wat: Will I ever enter her again? You all know the answer to that. :v:

And that Spectrum win totally came out of left field. How in the name of God did I manage to pull that off. :wat:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:53 PM</dd></dl><div> And that Spectrum win totally came out of left field. How in the name of God did I manage to pull that off. :wat: [/quote]
As the new Chris, it's your obligation to win HW no matter what. :v:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:03 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 08:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:53 PM</dd></dl><div> And that Spectrum win totally came out of left field. How in the name of God did I manage to pull that off. :wat: [/quote]
As the new Chris, it's your obligation to win HW no matter what. :v: [/quote]
Well then, Killobite better get his ass in gear when I enter him next. :lol:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:03 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 08:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:53 PM</dd></dl><div> And that Spectrum win totally came out of left field. How in the name of God did I manage to pull that off. :wat: [/quote]
As the new Chris, it's your obligation to win HW no matter what. :v: [/quote]
Well then, Killobite better get his ass in gear when I enter him next. :lol: [/quote]
Hopefully the wedge'll be better next time, though. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Couldn't be much worse...

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Couldn't be much worse... [/quote]
Well if the Bomb can get under him, then it's certainly going to need improving. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:07 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 08:06 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Couldn't be much worse... [/quote]
Well if the Bomb can get under him, then it's certainly going to need improving. :P [/quote]
Much like how Harbinger can get under Decapitator? :v:

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:07 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 08:06 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 07:04 PM</dd></dl><div> Couldn't be much worse... [/quote]
Well if the Bomb can get under him, then it's certainly going to need improving. :P [/quote]
Much like how Harbinger can get under Decapitator? :v: [/quote]
Well, he's got to catch him with that oversized spoon, first. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:28 pm

Let's take stock:

HW Runner-up, get your arse in gear, Kraze
LW Rumble win, rumbles seem to be all Scatterbrain is good for at the moment. =D
Three robots in the playoffs, most in one tournament so far, not likely to happen again, I think.
Did pretty well with the Awards. Nominated for quite a lot of stuff, got Hit of the Tourney with Spatch.

I think this tourney has gone well for Team Mongoose overall. =) Congratulations to everyone, including the writers, and Lian for hosting a successful tourney. Here's to the next one.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm

1 point? That's it??? Goddammit PS, so freaking close...

Still, congrats to everyone, and WhipCoil getting that rumble win was pretty cool. Between that and the C&B5 championship, WhipCoil's becoming rather successful. Hoping this means it'll make the semis in LoRE.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:53 pm

On that note, here are my final views on each of my robots-

Conqueror- Whilst I'd expected him to do OK from the outset, Conqueror surpassed even my expectations to beat Dreadnought's record and become the Lightweight Runner-up. It was absolutely fantastic to see "Conks" do so well, trounce opponents I've had a lot of trouble with before, and even in only his first year of competition, become a popular contender.
Particularly with regards to him coming back for LORE, I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing what Conks will achieve in the future. Marvellous little robot, he is. :cool:

Marauder- Even with his pretty poor win record, there was still something quite admirable about how even though Marauder took a beating throughout, he still ran on, never got KOed, and fought well to the end.
It ultimately paid off later with the last win, scooping the Lazarus Award and being one of the last survivors in the Rumble, so to see him succeed there is great to see, and hopefully we should see good things from him once he's improved a little.

Waterloo Sunset- Although getting trounced by Spectrum at the end was sad to see, we could definitely be onto something with Waterloo. He did very well to make Third Place, and I was very pleased to see him get revenge on Parasite for the team.
With a few tweaks, particularly with the weaponry, he should be quite the mean pusher, so I'm looking forward to bringing him back once he's ready again.

Black Mamba- Besides Conqueror, Mamba's been Ice Cubed Robotics' top machine this time around, I'd say. After making Third Place, attaining the Top Seeding for the SHW Division and taking down Tax Cutter, he's certainly proven himself to be very effective indeed with the combination of the wedges and the powerful Lifting Arm.
I'm looking forward to fighting with Mamba again in LORE- with a bit of strategy and brainpower, I reckon we'll see some great things from him.

So overall, I'm very proud of how my team have done in CBBR- through highs and lows, they've all proven themselves to be absolutely fantastic machines, and they've all had some great fights with great opponents along the way.
Congrats to the winners, and very well done to everyone involved (Particularly Lian and the writers) for making it such a great competition.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:32 am

Updating the CFL rankings...