Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:29 am

Ok i started this tournie months back on another forum, but ive decided to host it here. but the question is: Is anyone ok with me hosting this? You see, i dont want to go all "Gung-ho" into this and piss you all off, im looking to see if you would approve of it and can be intergrated with the CFL records

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:08 am

Sure you can host it here. No problem with that.

Adding it to the CFL records is a more sticky matter. One consideration for that would be that it has a sizable enough amount of entrants. Something that only features a handful of people wouldn't really be significant enough to include.

Another thing is that the rules/structure of the tourny should be fairly in line with the usual ARC tournaments. That basically means that the results are determined in the usual manner (say, by written result and not by popular poll) and they are organized either in traditional tournament style or round robin, basically something that gives fair chance to all entrants. I don't think this will be an issue here.

Basically it will come down to ARC staff decision based on how your tourny shapes up.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:10 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Apr 23 2011&#44; 09:08 AM</dd></dl><div> Sure you can host it here. No problem with that.

Adding it to the CFL records is a more sticky matter. One consideration for that would be that it has a sizable enough amount of entrants. Something that only features a handful of people wouldn't really be significant enough to include.

Another thing is that the rules/structure of the tourny should be fairly in line with the usual ARC tournaments. That basically means that the results are determined in the usual manner (say, by written result and not by popular poll) and they are organized either in traditional tournament style or round robin, basically something that gives fair chance to all entrants. I don't think this will be an issue here.

Basically it will come down to ARC staff decision based on how your tourny shapes up. [/quote]
Ok, it is all hosted with ARC rules, and stat system

I aim to get at least 10 people minimum for this

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:13 am

I'll gladly sign up.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:50 am

Just to qoute from my forum
admin wrote:Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:48 amYep its our 1st official tournament on this forum

For our 1st tournament its going to be a league format, 10 people enter 4 robots (LW, MW, HW and SHW) into different leagues

The format goes in a league style, much like football (Or soccer depending what country your reading this from) every one plays each other twice, then 4 from each weight class move on to the semi-finals

All the rules are qouted here

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>1. Create your own bots in some sort of CAD program. In can be anything from Rhinoceros 3D Modeling to mspaint. Basically, you just need a picture of what your bot looks like. If you don't know how to draw or do CAD, you can always ask someone to do it for you on the CAD Request thread in our forums.

2. Enter stats for your bots (see below for stat system).

3. Role play with your bot on a weekly basis. All this means is you have to see who your opponent is for that week, and write up a strategy against them in the Role Playing Board section of the forum. Don't worry, your role play doesn't have to be very detailed. Short and simple works, too. However, detail doesn't hurt, so if you want to really go all out in your strategy, you go for it.

SIGN-UP INFORMATION

Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system.

- The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

- No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

ROLE PLAY RULES

In these leagues, we have always made it a priority to focus on both aspects of robotic combat: the design and the driver. It has been said before that a good driver with a poor robot can beat a bad driver with a great robot the majority of the time and I, personally agree with that notion. This is why it is important to know the proper way to strategize and win a battle against a formidable opponent. First let

NFX

Post by NFX » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:10 am

I'll have to sign up for this again, then. =D Which I shall do.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:13 am

Nice thanks NFX, i moved it here instead.

Seems like its gathering intrest quickly

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:46 am

Why not, I'll give it a go. Time to get designing...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:51 am

Sounds interesting. It'll give me a good excuse to try my hand at drawing a couple new bots.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:26 pm

This looks like its gonna begin soon, if a few more staff agree to this, could i start sign ups today or tomorrow?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:29 pm

I'll probably enter. Sure.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 2:25 pm

I'm game.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 pm

Go for it, we'll even sticky your registration thread.

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:03 pm

Many thanks Dylan, i'll make it now

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:58 pm

LW and MW are up
This account is in a state of dimensional flux