Crazy Bots: Blazing Ruin - Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:07 pm

Now it's zero :v:

Good luck to everyone in the finals.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:21 am

Finals have been written... along with a few other things. <_<
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:23 am

Best to be prepared, I suppose.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 11:21 AM</dd></dl><div> ...along with a few other things. <_< [/quote]
...I've got a bad feeling about that. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume Conqueror's lost.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> ...I've got a bad feeling about that. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume Conqueror's lost. [/quote]
...seriously? You're not going to start this shit before the finals are even up, are you???

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 12:41 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 01:36 PM</dd></dl><div> ...I've got a bad feeling about that. I'm going to take a wild guess and assume Conqueror's lost. [/quote]
...seriously? You're not going to start this shit before the finals are even up, are you??? [/quote]
Nope, just a guess. I assumed by the tone that'd be the case, so I thought that could be well a reason for the "few other things". Like Nick said, just preparing for if that is the case- basically avoiding getting my hopes up, you know?

I'm not trying to start anything up, if anything I'm trying to prevent it by being all surprised by the result.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:54 pm

The finals are up and....

Holy fuck&#33; I won the SHW title? FUCK YEAH *Victory dance*

Commiserations Badnik, you did really well and I thought you had it.

Congrats to Josh and Kody for their wins.... Will do a little end of season speech later.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Just saw the results of the Final...

...and yeah, just as I expected. Except somehow, I did worse than last time. At least a minor improvement in terms of performance would have been nice.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NFX

Post by NFX » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 08:55 PM</dd></dl><div> Just saw the results of the Final...

...and yeah, just as I expected. Except somehow, I did worse than last time. At least an improvement in terms of performance would have been nice. [/quote]
You got to the final, though, and got two more into the playoffs. That's an improvement over your last season, and it's the same overall result as me. I beat SoE during the season, this time SoE managed to get the win. It just means you're getting steadily stronger with your strategies on the whole, and coming up with gradually better designs. Next time you should hopefully do better.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 03:55 PM</dd></dl><div> Just saw the results of the Final...

...and yeah, just as I expected. Except somehow, I did worse than last time. At least a minor improvement in terms of performance would have been nice. [/quote]
Just don't worry about it man, you reached a final, that's good. Your improving and getting further in the CFL world. I mean look at me for example, my trophy cupboard for championships was practically bare (Other than 2 minor tournament titles) Just persevere and keep on trucking and you'll get there man.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:23 pm

Thanks, guys. Of course I can't help but feel a bit bummed by it, but I've been getting better, improving my designs, and all of my robots won something, so there's that to be happy for. That, and the Pitcher of Sangria beating Phantasmic as I'd hoped, too. :cool:

And of course, Conqueror and Mamba are also in LORE, so I still have another shot at success with them, which is good to know. :v:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:21 pm

Still, there is one thing I don't understand. Having now checked, Kody hadn't modified his RP at all, whilst I'd completely rewritten mine to generally improve on my original, at the very least not involving driving into the Lifter like an idiot like last time.

I'm not trying to change anything, but just out of curiosity, how did I do worse than last time?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 05:21 PM</dd></dl><div> Still, there is one thing I don't understand. Having now checked, Kody hadn't modified his RP at all, whilst I'd completely rewritten mine to generally improve on my original, at the very least not involving driving into the Lifter like an idiot like last time.

I'm not trying to change anything, but just out of curiosity, how did I do worse than last time? [/quote]
I'd say your tactic of whizzing round to get him was kind of a hit and miss sort of thing, it could more have likely backfired than worked.

GF93

Post by GF93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>prince palatine</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 05:42 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jul 4 2013&#44; 05:21 PM</dd></dl><div> Still, there is one thing I don't understand. Having now checked, Kody hadn't modified his RP at all, whilst I'd completely rewritten mine to generally improve on my original, at the very least not involving driving into the Lifter like an idiot like last time.

I'm not trying to change anything, but just out of curiosity, how did I do worse than last time? [/quote]
I'd say your tactic of whizzing round to get him was kind of a hit and miss sort of thing, it could more have likely backfired than worked. [/quote]
OK. Still can't help but feel quite glum about it all, though- particularly considering Kody also won the HW Division. One title for each of us would've been fantastic.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:09 pm

Believe me, I'm quite surprised by it. Maybe I'm still a pessimist. <_<