Post-ARC Rules. Suggestions?

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:34 pm

that's a little better. 3, 6, 9, 12 are the 'useless' stats, as opposed to 4, 6, 8, 10.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:39 pm

Alex, what's your aim?

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:40 pm

siphai im on now

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:43 pm

gary

BEES

Post by BEES » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:00 pm

Biohazard's lifting arm had a springed wedge attachment.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:21 pm

We've decided that, since this is a small single weight class tournament anyway, we're going to try out the bonus points system. Only now it is

6-8 = 1 point
9-12 = 2 points
13+ = 3 points

It does mean that weapon powers of 5, 8, and 12 are redundant, I still think that it will even out.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 am

I liked

4-6 = 1 point
7-9 = 2 points
10-12 = 3 points
13+ = 4 points

Better, for the simple reason that a Weapon of 6, the lowest Weapon Power that gets a bonus, is a pretty potent weapon as it is. I preferred rewarding from 4 onwards or 5 onwards as with the older attempts, but thats only a technicality that I would not have brought up otherwise, but since this topic's only purpose is tweaking the rules, I think I'm justified ;).

Now, about the srimech's, in theory I like the rule as it is, but I've always seen one issue with it that seemed wrong to me. Exactly how powerful is this "undefined srimech"?
More precisely, if a machine has a lifting arm with a Weapon Power of 1, that is also the machine's srimech, it will be considered as being a fairly weak and slow srimech, right? Now if to this machine a dedicated "srimech" is added, the machine suddenly has a more potent self-righter on his machine, completely for free, by actually adding MORE weight to their machine?

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:23 am

If a seperate, non-offensive Srimech is added to the machine, I reckon that should count as a secondary weapon, and be subject to the -2 weapon ruling, personally. Just my opinion, it seems a bit wierd that they should be considered free.

EDIT: Another idea about wedges, should we make it that the higher your armour, the less effective your wedge is? Because if it's the same material, it'll be thicker for a higher armour stat, and therefore more blunt at the point where it meets the ground. So you'd need your opponent to have a higher ground clearance to get under it.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:43 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Apr 27 2011&#44; 07:23 AM</dd></dl><div> If a seperate, non-offensive Srimech is added to the machine, I reckon that should count as a secondary weapon, and be subject to the -2 weapon ruling, personally. Just my opinion, it seems a bit wierd that they should be considered free. [/quote]
I don't like penalizing non-invertible designs tbh

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:46 am

True. But if you can self-right with the weapon, that's fine. It's all very confusing. Also edited in an idea I had for wedges and such, just to kinda prevent Underall-rammers popping up and owning again.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Apr 27 2011&#44; 04:26 AM</dd></dl><div> I liked

4-6 = 1 point
7-9 = 2 points
10-12 = 3 points
13+ = 4 points

Better, for the simple reason that a Weapon of 6, the lowest Weapon Power that gets a bonus, is a pretty potent weapon as it is. I preferred rewarding from 4 onwards or 5 onwards as with the older attempts, but thats only a technicality that I would not have brought up otherwise, but since this topic's only purpose is tweaking the rules, I think I'm justified ;). [/quote]
What we don't want is a bunch of little rammers with 3 power lifters like Barrier and Barnacle to get bonus points when they don't need it. We feel that to get bonus points, you should have the weapon be your primary strategy, not something secondary. Hence you need at least 6 points to get any bonus.

NFX

Post by NFX » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

I think that's a pretty good idea, personally, with the lowest weapon bonus being 6 Weapon. It should hopefully bring some different designs into the fray, which may not have worked due to stat allocations and such.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:25 pm

I don't care for the wedge effectiveness stat anyway because irl, one wedge doesn't get under the other all the time. It goes very back and forth, and that's the way I've tried to keep it, within reason.

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:10 pm

There are obviously certain things that get under other things more often.

Forks tend to beat wedges, if they're designed right. You can just tell by the picture.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:51 am

CHANGELOG:

Added Treaded robot rule suggestion, let me know what you think
Added Non-offensive weapons
Banned Magnets, Flying Robots, and Spring-loaded hinged wedges
Changed bonus points
Changed dumb-thwack theoretical weapon power
Reworded attachments

STAT SYSTEM

As previously stated, the point system will be the same as the past three tournaments with 22 points being divided up between Speed, Armor, Torque, and Weapon.

Speed: This stat affects how fast your bot moves around. For thwack bots, including Y-drives, however this acts as your actual spinning speed while thwacking.

Weapon: This stat affects how powerful your bots weapon is. If this stat is higher than your armor, then it is also reflective of your bots weapon armor. For thwack bots, including Y-drives, this stat indicates the bots actual floor maneuvering speed, while your bot is spinning.

Traction: This stat is reflective of how pushy your bot is. The higher it is, the more leverage you