Predictions for Week 6

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

succotash_54

Predictions for Week 6

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:02 am

Sorry I didn't do this last week. I just got busy, and so it goes. I've got the time now, so here we go.

Once again, I just wish to reiterate that these are NOT binding. In fact, these are done before any of the RPs (other than John's four Pre-RPs) are up. Just for fun. And as Week 4 proved, I can be quite wrong about a number of them. Let's enjoy them.

Team Omegaforce vs. Team Gemini

1. Sovereign vs. Red Zone

The two bohemoths of the tourney. John and Chris. Look for all fights to be fun. As for this one. Sovereign's blade will have to be swinging for this one if he wants to offset the effect of that lifter. I don't see the plow coming into effect greatly on this one, though.

My predicition. Red Zone 23-22

2. JAKT vs. Sunshine

I don't think it's gonna matter either way which way the hammer's swinging on Striker. The attacks will be similar either way. Despite the awesome weaponry on both combatants, look for this one to come down to a matter of who's lower. Odd, I know, but that's how I see it.

My prediction: JAKT 27-18

3. Adrenaline vs. Striker

The battle of vestigial weapons!! Striker's speed advantage is a big thing, but so is the design plus torque of Adrenaline. Look for the refs to separate these two at least twice.

My prediction: Striker 25-20

4. Copperhead vs. Jack Frost

In all honesty, I think this one's gonna come down to who ends up writing this result. This will be a good fight. If Copperhead can avoid the disc, he's good. If not, he's toast. not toAst, but toast.

My prediction: Copperhead 24-21

Team Hunga vs. Team Concept Robotics

1. Underall vs. Prodigy

Jason's gonna have his hands full with all four fights. In this first one, if that disc can't get low enough to touch Underall, it's all over. I don't think his wedge is gonna match up against the teeth. THE CRUEL FANGS!!!

My prediction: Underall 42-3

2. My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World vs. Bling 2K

Last time, I forgot Bling 2K was invertible. That was completely on me. Whoops. Luckily, I caught that fact before writing the result. As for this one, it's a complex call. Which side will either captain attack with? Who's lower? The superior armor on the axe-wielder may prove the key, as well as Dylan's veteran experience in the battlebox.

My prediction: My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heartbreak And Hate For The World 23-22

3. Giant Swan vs. Devil's Reject

I just noticed, these teams are the first and last entrant's of Revolution. That makes scrolling up and down between the two bots a gigantic pain in the ass!! Oh yeah, one flip...that's all it'll take for Dylan. Well, as soon as he can catch him. Giant Swan catching Devil's Reject will be like trying to catch a wild turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner. Jason's RP may as well be "Run like hell."

My prediction: Giant Swan KO at 1:00

4. Japanese School Girl vs. Colonel Kickass

Someone forgot to tell Jason about the multiple weapons rule, methinks.

My prediction: Japanese School Girl KO at 1:17.

Team "Yellow Alert" vs. Team Blood Gulch

1. Exotherm vs. Zombie Killer

Zombie Killer's armor and speed advantages, plus the wedge on front are going to tip the scales in Josh's favor for this one. Though, Nick is a crafty strategist, so he'll find some way to make it temporarily interesting.

My prediction: Zombie Killer 30-15

2. Influenza vs. Rooster Teeth

As awesome as this fight would be in reality, this one looks boring for the fantasy leagues. Still, we'll see.

My prediction: Influenza 23-22.

3. V'Gers vs. Redemption Denied

If V'Gers fight vs. Babaganoush is precedent enough, RD has this one. No speed advantage this time for V'Gers, however, Redemption Denied's flipper is only 2/3rds as powerful as Babaganoush's, so flipping such a wide based bot may be harder than Josh realizes.

My prediction: Redemption Denied KO at 2:59

4. In the red square.... MINION! vs. It

Equal speed, almost equal armor. Torque and weapons are the differences here. Plus, the versatility of Minion's attackability. That may be the crux of this one.

My prediction: In the red square.... MINION! 29-16

Team Hitmen vs. Team Fire-And-Ice

1. Novastorm vs. Gayle

If Anthony remembers that his opponent is likely to RP on time, he won't let his guard down. This should be a fun one. Gayle faces another bot wedgebot. Yay for him. And Anthony is nothing if not aggressive in the arena.

My prediction: Novastorm 30-15

2. Shovearound 2 vs. Shockwave

Who's lower? Who's strategy will be more effective? Which Shockwave will we see in the ring? Equal torque and armor. If Shockwave can neither get under Shovearound 2 OR effectively clamp the weapon, it's all over. Otherwise, it'll be a squeaker.

My prediction: Shovearound 2 25-20

3. Aquarius vs. Flaminco

Again, who's lower? That'll be the most important thing here. Also, which driver is more patient? I think careful driving will be tremendous to this one. Oh, yeah, and Aquarius' flipper

My prediction: Aquarius 27-18

4. AK-47 Slapper vs. Cascade

Not sure if I've said it enough times yet, but whoever's lower may win. Otherwise, the speed advantage of Cascade will be crucial. Any word on using that front to receive the Spice channel, Anthony?

My prediction: Cascade 40-5

Team Targeted vs. Team Andrewbot

1. Prof. Pepperdine vs. Corrosive

I think PP's speed advantage will be the deciding factor, depending on how and how well he can use it.

My prediction: Prof. Pepperdine 26-19

2. FBSDS vs. Disc Obsession

Not to get too one-sided about this one, but I think the work has Andrew cut out for this one. Seriously though, if Siphai can hit something other than the disc on DO, he's in good. Otherwise, it'll go down to the wire.

My prediction: FBSDS KO at 2:44

3. Tank vs. Poly-Stone

Tank's not known for daintiness, but he'll have to learn how to handle Poly-Stone gingerly if he wants to keep his parts from littering the arena floor. Also, Poly-Stone's gonna have to do some good driving to keep from crumpling up like aluminum foil.

My prediction: Tank 30-15

4. Eurypterus vs. Snewer Sake

Which version will Eurypterus use? We'll see. Snewer Sake having the torque advantage? Wowsers. Nonetheless, it won't be enough.

My prediction: Eurypterus 26-19

Team Animal Cruelty vs. Team AC/DC

In the last week that we'll see byes, these two teams are off. Philip will definitely be on time in stating how glad he is to have the week off. Paul, on the other hand, will get them in, but after the deadline, and so, may suffer for it.

My prediction: Team Animal Cruelty will go 4-0 on the BYES this week.

Those are my predictions. Now go prove me wrong.

panicattacky2k

Predictions for Week 6

Post by panicattacky2k » Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:29 am

Spice channel? Bah! I'll make it play Japanese game shows!

Area51Escapee

Predictions for Week 6

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:38 pm

Team Omegaforce 15-1 vs. Team Gemini 13-3

This should an exciting set of matches to see. We got two fights between undefeated bots, Red Zone vs. Sovereign and Copperhead vs. Jack Frost. Both of which should be really good. Striker and Adrenaline should also be a good one, but let's not forget about JAKT. This bot is quickly becoming the best in the MW. Will he win once again?

Team Hunga 10-6 vs. Team Concept Robotics 2-14

I think Underall and JSG are pretty much safe this week, as long as Dylan rps. However, MW should be a really good one. Bling 2K has what it takes to be a playoff contender, but does Heartbreak and Hate, too? We'll see.

Team "Yellow Alert" 8-8 vs. Team Blood Gulch 9-7

This one's got all sorts of interesting matchups. In fact, all of them could go either way depending on rps. Influenza and Rooster Teeth square off in MW, being similiar but fairly different in the FBS design. Minion might have toruble getting good shots on It, but it could be a good one. I look forward to seeing all of these matches.

Team Hitmen 4-12 vs. Team Fire-And-Ice 7-9

Oddly enough, I think Anthony is in good shape with some of these matchups. He has a great chance of winning LW, MW, and maybe even HW. However, all 4 of G-Force's bots are contenders, so he'll have his work cut out for him.

Team Targeted 6-10 vs. Team Andrewbot 4-12

Siphai could sweep...if Andrew doesn't rp that is! Har har. Anyways, I think all of these matchups are good. I think Tank and Eurypterus are the best two bots from his team once again and I think Siphai's got real potential. No bot has really stuck out as a clear contender from Andrew's squad, though. Will that change? We'll see.

Those records I put up there don't include Week 5 results, which aren't up yet but will be today.

Siphai

Predictions for Week 6

Post by Siphai » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:15 pm

Team Omegaforce vs. Team Gemini

The two top contenders out of the entire tournament square off here. Does Team Gemini have what it takes to stop the almost consistant sweeping that John has been doing match after match? Well, I think he has an excellent chance in the LW and HW categories. However, I have to give MW and SHW to John.

2-2

Team Hunga vs. Team Concept Robotics

Dylan has an excellent chance of sweeping here today. His HW match should be over quickly, and he can finally get some points on the board there with that win, since all he has to do is flip and it's over. Underall should win again easily enough, as should JSG. However, in the MW class, I actually have to give this one to Jason - Bling 2k has had an extremely impressive run against some tough opponents and he could win again.

3-1

Team Hitmen vs. Team Fire-and-Ice

Tony has taken some hard loses over the past couple of weeks, but it just might get a little bit easier here. Novastorm could actually pull his first win here, which is odd considering it is against a robot like Gayle. However, the great armor stat that Tony put into Novastorm will easily pay off for him. MW seems tough at a glance, but when you consider how good Shovearound has been, and how low it is, I could actually seen this one going to Tony really handily. Then we have HW in Aquarius vs. Flaminco. In that match, the flipper will easily be key, and I think that that is what will let him get under the low Flaminco and take the win. SHW, I believe has to go to Paul here though, as Cascade is very impressive while AK-47 has not been quite as impressive.

3-1

Team Targeted vs. Team Corrosive

Eurypterus is coming off of a hard earned win against Yellow Cloud for this match, and I personally think that he has what it takes, mainly in speed, to win here again. Tank will definatly have a tough time against Poly-Stone, though, as that spinner is one heavy son of a bitch, and if Siphai doesn't stop it, it could be all over. Coming down to MW, FBSDS should be able to score a win here, simply by the fact that Andrew's MW has not down well against FBS' and horizontal spinners like FBSDS. And Lastly we have LW. That spinner on Corrosive is one dangerous piece of work, and if he can get a solid hit on PeePee then it could be all over. Like Philip mentioned though, that speed advantage is a crucial advantage for Team Targeted.

Forgot Yellow Alert vs. Team Blood Gulch, lol

Anyway, in this match up, Nick definatly has some work cut out for him. It has been fairing very poorly, while Minion seems to actually be doing pretty well. Then you have the contrast of designs, so I have to give SHW to Nick. When you go to HW, you have a beautiful work of art in V'Ger, vs. a pretty shoddy looking robot like RD. Beauty does not equal effectivness, and although V'Ger will get some good hits and stall for a while, RD will flip to win. MW Is the battle of the spinners. AMP beat Rooster Teeth, and Influenza beat AMP, so I'm thinking that Influenza has a good advantage here. Really, Influenza for the win. Then we go to LW, where we see an innovative design vs. a standard design. Zombie killer will probably win, but not before taking some cuts.

2-2