ARC: Armageddon Discussion

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>But if you wanna constantly play the victim, don't expect us to keep listening to your bellyaching. [/quote]

Where am I playing the victim? I am being completely sincere here. If me participating is making CFLs more hectic, fine, I'll drop out, maybe everybody's going to get a chance to play next season. I've been very honest in my posts and I don't see any reason why I get accused of "bellyaching" when I'm doing nothing even resembling it.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>So I'm apparently out of line[/quote]

Yes. You are. Siphai designed the new Shovearound for me and he was very helpful in answering any questions I had about mechanics and whatnot. How the hell does he not give a shit, Kody? Was I that wrong to trust a staff member who had been so helpful? He made a wrong call; we all do.

You got any shit to say, say it to me. Leave Alex out of it. It's not his problem. He gives a shit, I can tell you that and cite one of his posts in the thread to show that he does.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:43 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jan 8 2011&#44; 04:39 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>But if you wanna constantly play the victim, don't expect us to keep listening to your bellyaching. [/quote]

Where am I playing the victim? I am being completely sincere here. If me participating is making CFLs more hectic, fine, I'll drop out, maybe everybody's going to get a chance to play next season. I've been very honest in my posts and I don't see any reason why I get accused of "bellyaching" when I'm doing nothing even resembling it.

[/quote]
Oh yes you are. Your whole pseudo-scientific experiment to prove effectiveness > originality was nothing more than a thinly veiled whine-tasting about you're not having a title yet.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>So I'm apparently out of line[/quote]

Yes. You are. Siphai designed the new Shovearound for me and he was very helpful in answering any questions I had about mechanics and whatnot. How the hell does he not give a shit, Kody? Was I that wrong to trust a staff member who had been so helpful? He made a wrong call; we all do.

You got any shit to say, say it to me. Leave Alex out of it. It's not his problem. He gives a shit, I can tell you that and cite one of his posts in the thread to show that he does.[/quote]

Yeah... no one's blaming Alex for anything, in case you haven't noticed.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Oh yes you are. Your whole pseudo-scientific experiment to prove effectiveness > originality was nothing more than a thinly veiled whine-tasting about you're not having a title yet.[/quote]

You know what Philip? Fuck you. I said that once in the entire discussion and it was only to prove a point about originality. Once. And it was ONLY to support a point. In the entire damn thread. Wouldn't I have bitched about it, you know, a lot more about it if THAT was my goal?

Hey, since I'm no longer going to participate, you want The Strawman Fallacy for future seasons? I think it's a robot that fits you very nicely, just my opinion.

I've been extremely patient with my posts against you, refraining from any personal attacks against you. I'm done, I can only take so much of that. You wanna take this shit further, IM me or PM me or something, assuming I even respond to it. You wanna change your vote to "ban", you go right ahead.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Yeah... no one's blaming Alex for anything, in case you haven't noticed. [/quote]

Tell that to Kody, who seems to think it's okay to accuse him of "not giving a shit".

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>You know what Philip? Fuck you. I said that once in the entire discussion and it was only to prove a point about originality. Once. And it was ONLY to support a point. In the entire damn thread. Wouldn't I have bitched about it, you know, a lot more about it if THAT was my goal?[/quote]

Don't know, and don't care. But you did it more than once.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Hey, since I'm no longer going to participate, you want The Strawman Fallacy for future seasons? I think it's a robot that fits you very nicely, just my opinion.[/quote]

Wow, that's the closest you've come to being clever. Who wrote that one for you?

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I've been extremely patient with my posts against you, refraining from any personal attacks against you. I'm done, I can only take so much of that. You wanna take this shit further, IM me or PM me or something, assuming I even respond to it. You wanna change your vote to "ban", you go right ahead.[/quote] *sigh* You still don't get it. But that's ok, as long as you stop talking. And no one has even put up a vote to ban you yet. And you're playing the victim here too. "I can only take so much of it" when you fucking started it with your attack on Chris.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Tell that to Kody, who seems to think it's okay to accuse him of "not giving a shit".[/quote]

I don't think he was accusing him of not giving a shit so much as making an observation. And honestly, most of us didn't give a shit at first either. If anything, Alex is more insulted that instead of his magnanimous offer to CAD more designs for him, you went and just swiped real robot pics.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>But you did it more than once.
[/quote]

No, I DIDN'T do it more than once. Be my guest, search through the entire fucking thread and you will not find more than one off-hand comment about it. Want me to do it for you?

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Wow, that's the closest you've come to being clever. Who wrote that one for you?[/quote]

So you're admitting to strawmanning? kk thanks

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>"I can only take so much of it" when you fucking started it with your attack on Chris.[/quote]

It was one comment as opposed to an entire post loaded with flaming, and I even apologized for it. It nowhere near justifies you acting like a jackass (And I'm taking you acknowledging the strawman comment as clever as you admitting you're acting like one). He's said his piece about it and I've honored his wishes by dropping out of the tournament. The fuck else do you want me to do, fix him a triple decker grilled cheese sandwich with a side of chips?

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I don't think he was accusing him of not giving a shit so much as making an observation. [/quote]

And what was that observation?

chris: "you should have asked someone"
me: "I did, I asked Alex"
kody: "so you asked the person least likely to give a shit"

Not exactly rocket science.

Oh, and I thought I told you to take this bullshit to PMs or IM, or anywhere that isn't here. It's plenty off topic in here as it is.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 8 2011&#44; 05:10 PM</dd></dl><div> I don't think he was accusing him of not giving a shit so much as making an observation. And honestly, most of us didn't give a shit at first either. If anything, Alex is more insulted that instead of his magnanimous offer to CAD more designs for him, you went and just swiped real robot pics. [/quote]
I wouldn't say insulted as much as I would say confused. This whole mess would've been avoided. I wouldn't have minded reimagining Novastorm and Suncust and whatever else.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:22 pm

frankly this whole arguement is dumb and kinda overblown tbh

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:23 pm

It's because I didn't think of it at the time and only got the idea at pretty much the very last minute.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:23 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>panicattacky2k</dt><dd>Jan 8 2011&#44; 05:15 PM</dd></dl><div> So you're admitting to strawmanning? kk thanks

[/quote]
No, I wasn't admitting to strawmanning, and you missed the entire joke.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>It was one comment as opposed to an entire post loaded with flaming, and I even apologized for it. It nowhere near justifies you acting like a jackass (And I'm taking you acknowledging the strawman comment as clever as you admitting you're acting like one). He's said his piece about it and I've honored his wishes by dropping out of the tournament. The fuck else do you want me to do, fix him a triple decker grilled cheese sandwich with a side of chips?[/quote]

I missed the apology, but really, you're continuing to keep going at it when you've already dropped out doesn't make it look like you're "done with it".

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I don't think he was accusing him of not giving a shit so much as making an observation. [/quote]

And what was that observation?

chris: "you should have asked someone"
me: "I did, I asked Alex"
kody: "so you asked the person least likely to give a shit"

Not exactly rocket science.[/quote]

Not exactly accusing someone either, like it's a big deal to not give a shit. And again, it's because pretty much none of us did for awhile. You'd better hang onto Strawman Fallacy for yourself after all.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:28 pm

alright, this arguement has kinda gone as far as it can go. nothing good can really come out of the rest of this.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>dropped out doesn't make it look like you're "done with it".
[/quote]

Okay, so last public post on ARC.

Anybody got any more shit to say to me, take it to PM or messenger. Let's keep it out of the public, it's gone on far enough.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:33 pm

cool.

i like robots, theyre cool + cute

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm

i less than three robots
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

DRD

Post by DRD » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey I haven't won a single championship yet either and yes I know I'm probably on the bottom of the barrel when it comes to morality but the way I look at it is if the robot isn't yours then you shouldn't be able to use it. With that being said I don't see why people should be allowed to use real life robots (Unless it's there own) for a custom robot league. I just don't think it's right and it only proves you have a huge lack of creativity. In all honesty I don't see why you don't just rip a few aspects from bots and try to mend things together. That's basically what I do. If I see something that works then try to work it in to make it completely unique. Is it really that hard to do? Is it really that hard to come up with something unique? I'm sorry but I just can't believe that someone has this much of a lack of creativity or imagination.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 8 2011&#44; 05:33 PM</dd></dl><div> cool.

i like robots, theyre cool + cute [/quote]
Yeah, Tazbot's totally got a "Catholic school girl" cute kinda vibe about it.

Well, this discussion certainly turned awkward quickly.