Important Changes, Rewrites, etc.

Find all your ARC RPGs and fantasy leagues discussed here. We're good at this stuff.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:37 pm

Last week was a tough time for some, and it's something we'd try to like to prevent in the future. Half of the staff got together and recognized everyones concerns and comments and would like to take measures to not have things blow up like this again, but we'd also be willing to correct some previous mistakes. Therefore, we agreed to do rewrites for some results that were thrown into serious question for one reason or not. Not every questionable call we discussed is being included, but the ones we unanimously agreed upon are as follows:

Mobile Failure vs. SWAT
Hot Shot vs. The Servant
Troubloon vs. Rascal
Here Comes The Night Train vs. Clown Breath

Therefore, these results are being rewritten and will be reposted within the next couple of days. This is only the exception, though, and this sort of meeting we wish to never have happen again. So don't get used to this as it won't happen again the rest of the season. If someone is really upset with this and has serious concerns about this, please don't make an issue of it in here or the discussion forum but instead just PM the comment to me, Josh or Philip. Speaking of being "upset about a result", a new rule is as follows...

When you are furious about a result and have genuine feedback for why you think you got screwed over, don't post about it in the discussion forum but instead PM it to one of the staff members and they can direct your comment to the staff member that wrote your result. Something as simple as "Well, I'm surprised I lost to so and so, but..." or "I thought I should beat so and so, oh well" are ok. I'm talking about paragraph long reasons for why you think you've been cheated. Something that's basically distracting to the general discussion topic.

If you've sent your complaint to us and the writer's reasons weren't sufficient enough for you, then you can contact a different staff member and we will collaborate about it together, which means you have will have to present not only your case, but everything the writer said so we can adequately judge the result as a whole.

Also, results will be more closely monitored before going out from now on. We're not going to reread over every single sentence, but if something doesn't look right, someone will check things over.

Other than that, have fun and enjoy the rest of the season.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:45 pm

Well, fuck. If we're rewriting results can I submit some that I felt should be rewritten? Especially considering the fact that, even as a member of the writing staff and as an admin, I wasn't even contacted about the idea of this?

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:49 pm

Go ahead and submit your concerns, sure. We looked everything we felt was questionable, even if it wasn't bitched about (Clown Breath vs. Night Train), so if you see something inadequate, that's fine but I doubt we'll rewrite it.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Sure I was pissed, but I wasn't asking for anything like this. I was just concerned that maybe one or more of the writers either don't know what they're talking about or don't care. Granted I have access to the staff forum and could see who wrote what result but I felt it would be better if I didn't. All I care about is that people are held accountable for either their mistakes or wrong doings (whatever the case may be). I don't want ARC to become tarnished like FRC was.

Oh and Siphai, you're a total egomaniac and you always have been. Any match that you lose is a travesty in your eyes. Hell in your "only three real strategies have ever been tried" rant, two of the three were yours. I hate to tell you this but the only design you have this season that isn't absolutely ridiculous doesn't belong to you, I just don't say anything because I gave up trying to fight for realism a long time ago. I'm sure this will make me lose several matches but it had to be said.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:22 pm

Fuck this shit, I'm gone. Withdrawing.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:24 pm

I'm out. I resign as admin and writer. I'm out of this tournament. Eat a metric ton of shit everyone!

For the record John you are the biggest prick I have ever had the poor fortune of meeting on the internet, and considering how many people there are on the internet that is a big thing. I am the egomaniac? How about you bleeding out of your vagina over every single loss because your 'perfectly realistic robots' and your 'purest of the pure' RPs could NEVER EVER lose to ANYTHING. But whatever. Having spent a lot of time on a military base it's not surprising that a person like you is really that big of an asshole.

Was that too many words for you? Let me sum it up: get fucked, you asshole

Alteiriaa

Post by Alteiriaa » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:36 pm

Well guys, I'm out as well. It's been kinda fun but I can't stay on a forum where the guys are on their rag more often then I am. :P

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:03 am

Alright you guys really need to learn to deal with things better. First off, consider things from MY perspective:

Almost everyone I talked to between last week and Friday made it seem like rewrites were a must. I'm not one of those admins that give into everything, but I was one of the first ones to recognize that quite a few of the results this season were question and some were even downright retarded. So what do I do? I contact Philip and Josh, my go-to guys for a long time now and we do discuss what to do about this situation. The possiblities ranged from restructuring the writing staff to doing nothing. They decided rewrites might be a good idea and I basically agreed with it. We did this so people who unfairly lost would be given their chances back but obviosuly that's not how others saw it.

One way or another, we were going to piss off a lot of people, and I know now that doing rewrites was definitely not the ideal way of doing it, but then again, you could have presented it in a lot more reasonable way like John did, instead of just saying "FUK YOU ALL AND EAT SH%T!!!!!". Wow, how mature. I'm so glad you guys are not on the writing staff. Oh wait, you are.

I'd be willing to withdrawal this rewriting thing since it's obviously not a good idea because I'm fair and reasonable and I can admit when I've done something wrong. And if you all presented your points in PM to me individually, I could have come to the conclusion that this wasn't the best idea and we could have settled this peacefully but instead Alex was the only one who came to me and everyone else just said "fuck you" behind my back without saying a word. Well, it's nice to know that now.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:17 am

If you want a more mature response I suppose that's fine, although I would have preferred a more eloquent departure from a previously huge timesink.

Understand my side of it. I do a huge chunk of work on this site. Update CFL records, do weekly power rankings, in addition to writing results, posting results, posting my RPs, updating my own entires. In addition to this I am constantly going on MSN or FRA and badgering more people to join because, hell, we can't have a 6-7 man tournament. That would be boring as fuck. I was also planning on spending part of this week finally going through the 'ARC rules' and refining the, specifying them and what not. Yeah, I wrote a bad result. Servant vs. Hot Shot. That was a mistake, and I apologized for it. Although it is funny how I never actually got an apology for Tank vs. Stampede, but I digress.

Then I come onto the forums and find a huge shit storm about results. People literally overreacting about this online fantasy combat robot bullshit. People fucking crying that their fake robot lost. Not a single complaint was valid enough to deserve a rewrite, whether it be John's overestimating of his own robots, or DRD making some retard-esque assumption about his opponent. Then I go and see this topic, see that rewrites were announced. Also I eventually come to see that apparently I came close to being 'fired' Without being contacted once. Also accused of bias but whatever. Regardless I'm not contacted a single time. Not once. I try to react as anyone in this position would, namely trying to find out what the fuck happened.

On top of it all I see John come in here and insult me for no reason. Apparently he still thinks it's 2005, since in the passed 3-4 seasons I have not complained on the forums about a single result. Not once. And I'm trying to deal with this while being completely sober. So what is the appropriate response? Fuck this. This isn't worth this. Nothing is worth this.

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:19 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Mar 7 2010&#44; 12:03 AM</dd></dl><div> And if you all presented your points in PM to me individually, I could have come to the conclusion that this wasn't the best idea and we could have settled this peacefully but instead Alex was the only one who came to me and everyone else just said "fuck you" behind my back without saying a word. [/quote]
This is actually hilarious in the right context. Considering that the chat between you, Josh, and Philip was a big "fuck you" to Kody and myself.

DRD

Post by DRD » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:24 am

You know why everyone hates you Siphai? It's because you are an ass hole. You are an unprofessional jerk off who basically flips his lid when anyone even asks him a single question. Oh I am sorry for the fact I questioned something. All I wanted was a simple answer and you tell all of us to "STFU" like a baby.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Mar 7 2010&#44; 05:19 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Mar 7 2010&#44; 12:03 AM</dd></dl><div> And if you all presented your points in PM to me individually, I could have come to the conclusion that this wasn't the best idea and we could have settled this peacefully but instead Alex was the only one who came to me and everyone else just said "fuck you" behind my back without saying a word. [/quote]
This is actually hilarious in the right context. Considering that the chat between you, Josh, and Philip was a big "fuck you" to Kody and myself. [/quote]
I admitted that I should have contacted you about that. But then again, a lot of people wanted you and Kody's resignation to be turned in for what you said about the RP system. Even though I was annoyed by what had gone down I defended you. Yes, I DEFENDED you. Even last week when I was extremely pissed off with what you had said, I never flamed the discussion forum but you did.

With everything that has gone down, I can understand you being upset but you know what...so am I. I could have just as easily said "fuck you all" and "go to hell everyone&#33;&#33;" for what they said about this rewrite.

I'll make it simple. The ones that are able to forgive and forget to the extent of being civilized and carrying on with the season with maturity, great, and I'll undo my request. People that can't, well it's been nice knowing you but I'm to the point where I don't want to deal with all sorts of drama so I guess I'm better off.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:35 am

Oh wow... what the hell happened here?

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Considering that the chat between you, Josh, and Philip was a big "fuck you" to Kody and myself. [/quote]
Not at all. We weren't going out of our way to point and laugh behind your back in an official-type meeting like that. It was just a straightforward look at some results that were probably off the mark. Specifically I think that Servent vs. Hot Shot warrented a re-write if nothing else. Mobile Failure vs. SWAT was next on the pecking order due to the obvious disparity in RP quality (not to directly insult anyone here). The other two could very well be done away with. In fact the only reason I motioned a Clown Breath vs. Night Train re-write was because Philip wrote the original result he was confused on how Clown Breath fully worked. There was no guarentee I would even win said re-match, or that Rascal would have won his re-match.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>in the passed 3-4 seasons I have not complained on the forums about a single result. Not once. [/quote]
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Although it is funny how I never actually got an apology for Tank vs. Stampede, but I digress. [/quote]
Hmm... I still don't know if that result was so far out that you deserved an apology, but at any rate I remeber there being lengthy discussion on that match, and the problem in question was a single moment in the match, which other people stated to be entirely possilbe. But I digress...

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>I came close to being 'fired' Without being contacted once. Also accused of bias but whatever.[/quote]
Absurd, you certainly would not have been "fired" without being contacted ahead of time and given you oppertunity to defend yourself. The most that was going to happen was that you and Kody were going to be given a week off to let everyone cool down. DRD had said he would quit if you and Kody weren't removed, so in fact, us three other staff members were activily trying to defend your positions, at any rate we certainly weren't going to give in to DRD's demand.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>On top of it all I see John come in here and insult me for no reason.[/quote]
No reason? Certainly not because you and John have been trading verbal blows since the results came out last week... Quite frankly both of you need to knock it off.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:47 am

Oh wow, Alex just deleted the power rankings. Once again, grow up and don't resort to sabotage.

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:00 am

At this point I have to say that withdrawing over this is not worth it. Stick around and at least finish out the season if nothing else. Also, kind of a shameless plug but don't let this deter you from entering FF. I think everyone will be pleased with the new system and as has been the custom I won't be entering.