ARC: Revolution Sign-ups

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:12 pm

ARC: Revolution

All right everyone, its time for the Revolution! Yes the next chapter in the ARC CFL leagues is upon us at last and with a brand new style that should be very interesting. We will be looking for an even number of entrants to ensue smooth fight cards. The basic rules will be as follows:

1. Everyone enters 4 bots, one from each weight class (LW, MW, HW, SHW) and assigns them stats using the old point system (more details on that later for those that need a refresher course).

2. The battles will take place in a Round Robin style (as opposed to the traditional tournament style) in which each bot will face every other bot once with playoffs afterward to determine the champion of each weight class.

3. No double entering the competition (that means no smurf accounts or anything like that).

4. You
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:09 pm

Heh, I said I wouldn't enter, but you know what? I miss these things! Plus I started the idea of these things, it would be silly to not enter

Team Hunga, as usual

LW: Underall
Four wheeled pusher with four interchangable hinged wedges in the front. Slanted sides. Invertible.
Speed-8
Weapon-0
Torque-7
Armor-7

MW: My Hands Are Abandoned Factories Manufacturing Heatbreak And Hate For The World
Pneumatic axe, front plow, back wedge, invertible and can self right.
Speed-5
Weapon-8
Torque-2
Armor-7

HW: Giant Swan
Very low dustpan style design with pneumatic flipper in tray. Steep back wedge. Can self-right.
Speed-5
Weapons-8
Torque-4
Armor-5

SHW: Japanese School Girl
Twin gas powered engines power two large steel blades. Wedge on back. Invertible
Speed-3
Weapon-14
Torque-1
Armor-4

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Mon Oct 16, 2006 10:52 pm

I made some new bots, so I guess I'm ready...

LW - Red Zone

Rotating lifting arm with long spikes on the front and hinged plow on the back. Invertible.

S: 8
T: 5
W: 3
A: 6

MW - Sunshine

Power hammer with a wedge side (hinged wedge) and the back side has a V-Plow shape. Hammer can be switched to face the V-Plow side as well as the wedge side.

S: 3
T: 2
W: 12
A: 5

HW - Striker

Fast, 4 wheeled bot with hinged wedges (another set of hinged wedges underneath the top set). It also has dual spinning treads with spikes on the top of chassis. It is identical inverted.

S: 10
T: 2
W: 6
A: 4

SHW - Jack Frost

Horizontal spinning disc. Invertible.

S: 4
T: 1
W: 12
A: 5

Siphai

Post by Siphai » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:33 pm

If you thought Gemini's pictures were big, well, you have another thing coming!!!

LW - Prof. Pepperdine

The lovable doctor is back with a better, more compact design. He's got a nice plow flipper, which can self right him if need be.

Armor - 6
Weapon - 6
Speed - 7
Torque - 4

MW - FBSDS

A full body spinner with "'tude" Self-righting mechanism on top. Spinning design simliar to Moebius in its blade positioning.

Armor - 3
Weapon - 14
Speed - 4
Torque - 1

HW - Tank

A pushbot with hinged wedges all around. Because you really needed a description of it.

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/788/ ... nk27gw.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1181 ... nk48of.jpg

Armor - 7
Weapon - 0
Speed - 9
Torque - 6

SHW - Eurypterus

A pushbot with spinners??? I wish this description was good enough because without it, I don't know what this machine could possible be. A flipper? I don't know. THWACK?

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/2996 ... usbox9.jpg

Armor - 8
Weapon - 0
Speed - 9
Torque - 5

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:09 pm

Team Omegaforce - Marcy projects, marcy son!

LW- Sovereign
Speed 9
Torque 6
Armor 7
Weapon 0
Fast overhead hammerbot with an armored wedge hinged on the drive axis. Invertible and can fight in free swinging or wedge locked modes.

MW- JAKT
Speed 5
Torque 4
Armor 7
Weapon 6
New MW based on the Arenaline concept. Very balanced design for a versatile attack and defense strategy. Sawtooth wedges up front and a tough plow in the back. Weapon is a 10 inch vertical flywheel. Invertible.

HW- Adrenaline
Speed 5
Torque 6
Armor 8
Weapon 3
The newest incarnation of the Omegaforce flagship. Improved ground armor with a larger hinged plow and a new front end designed to trap opponents. 360 degrees of offense with a longer axe and 4 wheels for greater traction. Can self right.

SHW- Copperhead
Speed 10
Torque 5
Armor 7
Weapon 0
Newly modified Super heavy rammer. Now has the plow and wheel guards as a single piece, meaning the plow can be damaged but not removed. Has rear hinged sawtooth wedges with inversion capabilities. "Fangs" can now be removed leaving the plow completely flush.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:28 pm

TEAM ANIMAL CRUELTY

Captain: succotash_54

LW: PIT BULL

Non-melty-brained thwack bot with ball-peen hammer. New feature: hinged wedge on front to make it a more effective push bot, if necessary.

Armor: 7
Speed: 9
Torque: 6
Weapon: 0
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MW: THE ARISTOCRATS

WTFStompbot?! That's right. The new showbot is a stomper. Electric hammer with awesome power, on a rotating turret. Hinged anti-wedge skirts. Hammer can also act as SRiMech! P.S. Whoever writes the results for this bot's fights better have a good sense of metaphor.

Armor: 4
Speed: 2
Torque: 2
Weapon: 14

HW: BABAGANOUSH

So good, I had to bring it back. Dome-shaped, pneumatic flipper bot, with magnet-laden anti-wedge skirting. Can self-right.

Armor: 6
Speed: 5
Weapon: 9

SHW: YELLOW CLOUD

Why put hinged wedges on an already low and w00ty invertible double wedge? To make it even w00tier!!

Armor: 9
Torque: 4

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:23 am

Team AC/DC

LW: Double Dose
Speed: 6
Torque: 1
Weapon: 11
The lightweight you have come to know and love has been modified for ARC. Still the same 4-wheeled robot with dual spinning bars, but now the bars are more exposed. A new double-hinged wedge in the rear to ensure it's the lowest thing in the arena. The hinged wedge has a cable to stop it from folding under itself. Invertable.

MW: AMP
Armor: 3
Weapon: 13
Practically unchanged since the last event (I think), AMP is back again. Can self-right.

HW: Some Kind of Monster
Weapon: 10
A new design I have had laying around. Modifed from Ry_Trapp's DrUmatized, SKoM sports an extremely low front scoop and a big drum. Invertable.

SHW: Road Rage
Speed: 7
Torque:2
Weapon: 7
Back from several second place finishes, Road Rage gets a modified plow, a rear double-hinged wedge ala Double Dose, and internals. Same Lifter and power hammer. Invertable and can self-right if driven correctly. The hinged wedge has a cable to stop it from folding under itself.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:22 pm

Hey, new bots!

Team Blood Gulch:

LW: Zombie Killer
A nice little bot with a hindged wedge.
Armor - 8
Weapon - 0
Speed - 8
Torque - 6

MW: Rooster Teeth
A spinner with big chewing teeth and fully equiped with a self-righting pole.
Armor - 3
Weapon - 13
Speed - 5
Torque - 1

HW: Redemption Denied
Surprise! Not ToC, but along the same lines with a powerful flipper with self-righting ability.
Armor - 7
Weapon - 6
Speed - 7
Torque - 2

SHW: It
A two-wheeled bot with two big vertical spinning discs.
Armor - 4
Weapon - 12
Speed - 5
Torque - 1
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

panicattacky2k

Post by panicattacky2k » Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:02 pm

I know, I've said a few times I wouldn't enter any CFLs again, but I feel like I really owe you guys for taking my return so well, and seeing as how you're really short on entrants, it's the least I can do.

Team Hitmen

Novastorm V

Double V-Wedged bot which eeirly looks a lot like Warshrike.

Armor: 8
Speed: 8

Shovearound 2

Fast, skirted robot with lifting forks. Runs the same inverted.

Torque: 4
Weapon: 4

Aquarius:

Fast wedge with a flipper which can work both ways. Once again runs the same inverted.

Armor: 5
Torque: 3
Weapon: 6

AK-47 Slapper: [Sorry about this, Siphai gave me the CAD just as I entered Crimson Fury. D'oh!]

Plow curved a bit more, disc thicker, can't get stuck on the rear or sides thanks the the spikes and plow. Should do something this season.

Speed: 4
Weapon: 13

EDIT by Starless: Fixed to directly display images.

Edit by me: Thanks. I was in a big hurry to upload my images, so I just used links to post them quicker. Much obliged.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:14 am

Hey Im here

Team Fire and Ice Robotics

Stats are pretty much in the pictures.

LW: Gayle
Spinning ring attached from above. Groove and casters to keep ring running smoothly and prevent friction. Srimech bar attached. wide flat base for stability

MW: Shockwave
pneumatic crushing/clamping claws attached to a wedged lifter. claws are removable.
lifter can be used as a srimech. frontmost wedge is hinged to get under other bots.

HW: Flaminco
frontheavy hinged wedge with scoop back. invertable.

SHW: Cascade
extra long extended flipper, wedged and flush against ground. reinforced pipes keep bot balanced during a flip. invertable if necessary but can selfright.

EDIT: Team name pwned!

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:04 pm

Spot reserved. I'll have four at the end of the day. (I'll put them up when class is over).

Team: "Yellow Alert"

LW: Exotherm
Pretty specialized design. It actually has top armor, I just couldn't put it on because I lost the CAD file years ago. It's basically a reticulating spinner. The idea is to do unconventional top attacks, where the armor's weaker, over enemy weapons. Designed it a long time ago to take on Aaron Vertex's MDU.
Speed - 5
Weapon - 8
Armor - 3
Torque - 6

MW: Influenza
Uh oh, it's in the same weight class as AMP... heh... That'll be interesting. Can't self-right. I sacrificed a lot to get a single-plane full body propeller, to maximize weapon efficiency. Tiny lower frame, all the motors in the upper section. Good luck reaching far enough to hit them :).
Speed - 3
Weapon - 11
Armor - 3
Torque - 5

HW: V'Ger
Probably my most refined robot of the group. Can self-right. The armor is only see-through for the purposes of seeing the parts. It's really aluminum/magnesium alloy on top, steel tube frame. There isn't much armor, but I tried to put it only in places that needed it. So the wheels and the back, basically.
Speed - 7
Weapon - 8
Armor - 3
Torque - 4

SHW: In the red square.... MINION!
Yeah, well, I didn't see any rules that said I couldn't enter something real. Could it at least count if I could render it? C'mon, it's freaking Minion!
Speed - 5
Weapon - 7
Armor - 5
Torque - 5

Heh... all spinner team this time. How did that happen?

Andrewbot

Post by Andrewbot » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:24 pm

Ok, here goes nothing, wish I hadn't procrastinated, but oh wells, suprise essays get ya.

LW: Corrosive
Speed 5
Armor 6
Weapon 9
Torque 2
A vertical disc spinner with orbiting wedges that rotate around the tubular body. Blade is run off two EV warriors. Can drive inverted, only difference is blade spins upside down. Can self right by spinning in place in gyroing back over like Ntertainment

MW: Disc Obsession
Armor:5
Weapon:11
Torque:2
Another vertical spinner, with small wedges leading up to the triangular blade. Rear wedge incase weapon dies, weapon is spun by "invisible" belt to a 3" mag motor.

HW: Poly-Stone
Armor:2
Weapon:15
Torque:1
Very powerful horizontal spinner, designed to keep weapon facing opponent, rear wedges that aren't to strong, but to attempt to take a few imapcts. Can run inverted, weapon is belt-driven to an etek motor.

SHW: Snewer Sake
Weapon: 4
Based loosely off of Sewer Snake, has lifting wedge to attempt and flip opponents over, can drive inverted, wedge is equally functional on both sides.

For all the CADS being modified in about 45 minutes from their original designs, I say it was decent ;)

NO2

Post by NO2 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:46 pm

Team Concept Robotics

LW: Prodigy
Vert. disc spinner attached to a movable arm used for an overhead attack, regular attack, or for self righting

MW: Bling 2K
Drum bot with fixed wedge on the other end, can still run upside down if inverted

Torque: 3
Weapon: 9

HW: Devil's Reject
Fast and heavy pusher used for driving opponent into arena hazards and scoring aggression points

Armor: 7

SHW: Colonel Kickass
Heavy tank tread bot with an overhead hammer, scoop on the front lifts slightly off the ground to get under opponent, the things on each side of the bot actually protect the treads but do move up for victory celebration!