Where Are You Working/Going to School?

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:23 pm

Obviously, much of the community is not still in school and are now working full time...and a lot of you are probably still in college. Where's everybody at right now?

Right now, I work for a place called Paragon Engineering Services where I get to do CAD work for architects that need plumbing and HVAC work done for their new facilities. Fun, eh? Hey, at least it's the job.

Besides Josh, the only one I know where they work at is Philip, who obviously works at the radio station! However, that's just his weekend job. I'm still curious as to what his other job is....even though I know he'll never tell me.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:47 pm

Right now I'm in my second year of being a CAD major at Luzerne County Community College, and I'm only working as a substitute part time custodian at my local school district and I only work about 8 hours a week. It sucks. BUT, one of my teachers is supposed to hook me up with a CAD job at PennSummit Engineering in Hazleton. If I don't get that, then my other teacher can probably get me a job.

So basically I'm still kinda stuck now, but it won't last for long.

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 5 2007&#44; 10:23 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm still curious as to what his other job is....even though I know he'll never tell me. [/quote]
Ya got that right.

ACAMS

Post by ACAMS » Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:22 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 5 2007&#44; 08:23 PM</dd></dl><div> Right now, I work for a place called Paragon Engineering Services where I get to do CAD work for architects that need plumbing and HVAC work done for their new facilities. [/quote]
I did HVAC for 8 years, but I did all the designs on paper and ran 3 crews at one time. Then I worked in an automotive machine shop for a few years, and messed up and bought it and ran in for a few years....now I just bought a &#036;70,000 building to keep all the machines and equipment in while I work in my regular job in the oilfield, but happy because I make more money than I did when I was in business for myself....even paying for storage on the machines (that I use just as convenience now) I now have a lot of the parts to build a real H-Bomb but need to figure a way to fire the weapon, which is a tungsten carbide tipped rod about 2 feet long , and I need to find a way to make the tracks&#33; .

Fish Of Doom

Post by Fish Of Doom » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:01 pm

I'm in my Junior year as a Film major at the College of Santa Fe. I also work part time at a Camera store for some money on the side.

In between work and school, I'm also designing artwork and doing a music video for the band Cat Nip Tea. I'm also currently a make-up designer on the set of a movie that's being filmed in New Mexico right now. It's about zombie immigrants or some stuff.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 5 2007&#44; 10:23 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm still curious as to what his other job is....even though I know he'll never tell me. [/quote]

Male Stripper

succotash_54

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:04 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Oct 8 2007&#44; 02:01 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 5 2007&#44; 10:23 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm still curious as to what his other job is....even though I know he'll never tell me. [/quote]

Male Stripper [/quote]
Asshole&#33; You swore you'd never tell&#33; Just for that, I'm not doing your mom's birthday party (or your mom) for free now&#33;

BEES

Post by BEES » Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:00 pm

I'm studying biochemistry at NCSU. I'm probably going to go into genetics. That's about it. So wait, if I'm not doing comp-sci or anything engineering related, how the hell do I know CAD?

It is a mystery...

Shadywhtboy22

Post by Shadywhtboy22 » Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:09 pm

I'm going to Columbia College Chicago, majoring in Audio Arts & Acoustics. My focus is on Audio Production & Design, and I've been doing a lot with mixing consoles. I'd like to be a producer or an engineer.
I recently got a job at the mall as a janitor. I haven't started yet, but it looks like it'll be right up my alley.

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:30 pm

Hey, anyone remember me?
I was just thinking about this forum and how it might be possible to get involved again, but I drift in and out so frequently that it probably wouldn't last too long.

Just as an update, I'm a freshman at Lehigh University, in Bethlehem PA. It's a really amazing school, and if you're ever in the area, you should come by and visit. The campus is gorgeous.

I'm majoring in Mechanical Engineering, but since it's freshman year, I'm basically taking my BS classes. I have some computer science, though. And calculus III (multivariable, 3d vectors, partials, double integrals.. fun stuff).

So I was just updating to let everyone know that I wasn't dead.
Someone should IM me when a new fantasy season is starting, because I might get involved. If anyone's forgotten, by screen name is Pure Chaos 95.

seeya around =)

Paul#2

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:25 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Oct 18 2007&#44; 02:30 AM</dd></dl><div> Just as an update, I'm a freshman at Lehigh University
[/quote]
Hey, I think that was where we went to see the Breaking Benjamin concert. Yeah, I've been up in that area many times. I could even visit sometime I get some free days I'm sure. However, more importantly, next year you won't have an excuse to not come to ARCCon. lol

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:37 pm

Yep, even if we have drag you out of your dorm (or wherever you live at) personally.

Oh and as far as I go, I'm currently in my 3rd year (of how many, who knows...) at Millersville University studying Meteorology.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Minion33088

Post by Minion33088 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Oct 18 2007&#44; 10:25 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Oct 18 2007&#44; 02:30 AM</dd></dl><div> Just as an update, I'm a freshman at Lehigh University
[/quote]
However, more importantly, next year you won't have an excuse to not come to ARCCon. lol

[/quote]
Haha, we were so going to drag you along...

How is it at Lehigh btw? I want to transfer to get a Mechanical Engineering degree and Lehigh isn't that far away.

Area51Escapee

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:09 am

I'm thinking about getting 4 more years of college to become a mechanical engineer, but it's going to be difficult at this point now with a full time job, so I'm not sure.

i think i got my cat preg

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:34 pm

im in long island at five towns freshman majoring in music business/audio

its pretty sweet here but most people leave on the weekends cause theres never much going on if you dont know who to talk to

G-Force

Post by G-Force » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>i think i got my cat pregnant</dt><dd>Oct 19 2007&#44; 03:34 PM</dd></dl><div>im in long island at five towns freshman majoring in music business/audio

its pretty sweet here but most people leave on the weekends cause theres never much going on if you dont know who to talk to[/quote]
sweet jesus.

you never EVER says that youre "in" long island. youre "on" long island. dont spit in our faces like that. =P

anyway Lehigh is amazing but its pretty damn tough. The engineering department is fantastic though. if you want a degree in engineering, its definitely a school to look into. we've got like thousands of different types, so you can do some research.