BattleBots is BACK

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
NFX

BattleBots is BACK

Post by NFX » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:06 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 26 2015, 09:00 PM</dd></dl><div>YES[/quote]congratulations you can have this drawing of the giant nut that i did :v:

Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Toxic

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Toxic » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:16 pm

Biteforce really surprised me. I knew he was good the first time I saw him but he really darkhorsed his way into this championship. I like that though.

Fun fact, the builder of Biteforce did an AMA recently and admitted that the magnets on his treads were very ineffective this tournament. Funny how the announcers hyped that up so much.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by NWOWWE » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jul 26 2015, 09:06 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jul 26 2015, 09:00 PM</dd></dl><div>YES[/quote]congratulations you can have this drawing of the giant nut that i did :v:

Image[/quote]3/10 would not accept as prize.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 pm

Meh, sucks when the crappier bot wins.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:20 am

BiteForce is really cool so its cool

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:00 pm

After thinking about it a lot more, I do think BiteForce 'deserved' that win, as much as it can deserve it. I think lasting a full 3 minutes against Tombstone when Tombstone is fully operation and pounding him with full strength hits will probably be too much for BiteForce, but I think he had the perfect gameplan, the perfect driving, and a little luck. I think Tombstone would've broken down either way, after his last fight (the battery was what burned out, and thats what was probably hurt the most by that last hit against Bronco) but BiteForce did a good job forcing that, by shoving the blade into the walls constantly, and keeping his front facing Tombstone constantly (genuinely harder than it looks).

His adaptability was smart too - really vindicates the 'corner damage' rule spatula implemented imo, really showing off how difficult it is to get a strong hit when you don't have any hard edges to catch onto.

When I saw the robots that won and got to the round of 16, there were really only two robots I thought could beat Tombstone: Stinger and BiteForce. BiteForce felt like a stretch but he was the only one with a plow that felt like it could probably stand up to it, even though it only fought against Warhead prior.

In the end I'm satisfied. Nightmare is my favorite but I knew there was no way he was going to win, or probably even come close, though it still sucks he was gyped hard out of a wildcard. To be honest, what really sucks was that they didn't give him a 'gimmie' match. Have him fight Chomp or someone and let him just go to town. At least we got some good shit out of the Whyachi and Rumble matches but it could've been a lot cooler. Other than that, Tombstone and BiteForce were my favorites so that was a cool final to watch.

Also anyone that thought Bronco would ever beat Tombstone is an idiot and I don't understand their logic.

succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 pm

I'm a little disappointed that the new rule of Battlebots is "Kiazi your way through each match." I half expected to see a heart-shaped flipper at some point.

But it's not about whether or not your favorite bot won. It's about time Battlebots was back on TV.
Last edited by succotash_54 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 08:15 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm a little disappointed that the new rule of Battlebots is "Kiazi your way through each match." I half expected to see a heart-shaped flipper at some point.

But it's not about whether or not your favorite bot won. It's about time Battlebots was back on TV.[/quote]I'm not sure what the rules for attachments were for previous battlebots seasons, but I can't imagine that they were much different from what they are now. At the very least, I think Combots was pretty much the same.

With that said, I'd very much appreciate if they had attachment rules similar to what we have, in which they're limited to like 1 or 2, and those setups have to be listed.

succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:45 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 08:54 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 08:15 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm a little disappointed that the new rule of Battlebots is "Kiazi your way through each match." I half expected to see a heart-shaped flipper at some point.

But it's not about whether or not your favorite bot won. It's about time Battlebots was back on TV.[/quote]I'm not sure what the rules for attachments were for previous battlebots seasons, but I can't imagine that they were much different from what they are now. At the very least, I think Combots was pretty much the same.

With that said, I'd very much appreciate if they had attachment rules similar to what we have, in which they're limited to like 1 or 2, and those setups have to be listed. [/quote]I think it's just that we didn't see them too often until Season 5. Maybe extra armor added, or something of the kind here or there.

Season 5 was when Tazbot put on the plow, Diesector got botox to make his jaws bigger, No Apologies added the Whyachi tool. T-Minus put on wheelguards and lengthened his flipper slightly for Hazard.... all sorts of extras for just such an emergency.... I felt like I was watching Mr. Potatohead versions of beloved bots.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 09:45 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 08:54 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jul 27 2015, 08:15 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm a little disappointed that the new rule of Battlebots is "Kiazi your way through each match." I half expected to see a heart-shaped flipper at some point.

With that said, I'd very much appreciate if they had attachment rules similar to what we have, in which they're limited to like 1 or 2, and those setups have to be listed. [/quote]I think it's just that we didn't see them too often until Season 5. Maybe extra armor added, or something of the kind here or there.

Season 5 was when Tazbot put on the plow, Diesector got botox to make his jaws bigger, No Apologies added the Whyachi tool. T-Minus put on wheelguards and lengthened his flipper slightly for Hazard.... all sorts of extras for just such an emergency.... I felt like I was watching Mr. Potatohead versions of beloved bots.

[/quote]It's kind of a weird decision to make. Modularity obviously rewards those that have the time and money to allow their robot to counter anything it faces. While this wasn't so bad in battlebots, most of that was probably because they usually had like 20-30 minutes for repairs. With 24 robots over 3 days, people like BiteForce literally had time to watercut and weld an entirely new plow + frame after Warhead cracked the supports in the first match.

Idk how I feel about it in CFL. I think, ultimately, I would just as soon ban it, I suppose. With no real life constraints, a dude can just post a million setups for whatever they face, and it can turn into something of a joke, like with Pissed off Poltergiest, or like Kody entered a version of Kite that had a flipper attachment that was like 10 feet long. And in the end if you're smart, or want to win, you'll end up having a plow attachment for dealing with spinners, or a wedge attachment for dealing with whatever else.

Maybe just allowing people to remove whatever they want, rather than adding stuff, would be preferable. I remember when there was a huge thing about whether G-Paul could remove the claws on shockwave when he was fighting Influenza, or maybe it was Bling2k or whatever that drumbot was. It was like, yeah, of course he should, those claws aren't locked on there&#33; But idk.

British-Robotics

BattleBots is BACK

Post by British-Robotics » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:37 am

Bite Force for me was impressive, the driving was brilliant and he managed to resist the heavy blows of Tombstone, at one point where one of his tracks was having problems coming toward sthe last thirty seconds I thought it was game over since he was struggling for mobility but Bite Force just kept on going, fighting every last battery to burn and it survived the entire 3:00 minutes. Once Tombstone's blade began to break down, Biteforce had the upper hand and at that point deserved to win the match. That's one brave bot who upest the odds of the match. Bronco had no chance, I don't know what kind of tactic they were thinking but it was really foolish.

Other than that I really enjoyed the return of Battlebots 2015, what comes up in 2016? I look forward to it :).

StarlessSoldier

BattleBots is BACK

Post by StarlessSoldier » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:16 am

I just want to say that I put plows around Nightmare's wheels before it was cool. #Deadstar