BattleBots is BACK

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:22 pm

um excuse me overhaul is badass and totally deserved that wildcard slot

nightmare and complete control totally deserved wildcards over warhead and chomp tho
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

systematic1

BattleBots is BACK

Post by systematic1 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:02 am

I figured the wildcards would go to the bots who lost close decisions. Guess not.

-Completely agree with Overhaul. That was a great match.
-Chomp - No clue, we didn't see that fight.
-Witch Doctor - Not sure why this bot got one. It looks like a mediocre design. The minibot was pretty awesome though. It should have been just 6 of the minibots vs Bronco (that's probably against the rules but who cares, that little thing was cool)
-Warhead - Dumb. I have always been part of the "Warhead is overrated" camp. Cool as hell? Yeah. So are Snake and Mechadon. Warhead did nothing at all, I wonder what the judges' score was on that fight. If they're still using the old system, honestly, at least 40-5.

I would have liked to see Overhaul, Complete Control, Razorback, and Nightmare.

Then again I would have also liked to see all the fights, but some were probably shitty.

Thoughts on shit we didn't really see-

-Capt Shrederator looked decent, but Stinger / Killer B was a bad draw obviously.
-Radioactive vs Sweet Revenge looked really boring. A spinner that couldnt spin vs a hammerbot that strikes with the force of a 6th grade karate chop. Great.
-Overdrive and Chomp looked like a mediocre match also.
-Hypershock and Mohawk both looked cool, but I guess the fight was a somewhat boring 1 hit KO.

Random thoughts (I'VE BEEN AWAY FOREVER I HAVE LOTSA SHIT TO SAY)
-I'm really enjoying this reboot. Yeah yeah they could show more fights. At least it's not exactly the "reality show" they pitched - really the overall format is extremely similar to the original.
-I also like the broadcast team overall. Kenny Florian can probably beat Plan X.
-I love the arena design, and ESPECIALLY the hazards. Less is more. Hammers being controlled by the teams is a cool idea, Pete can still fuck himself for screwing Nightmare when he faced Son of Whyachi. Spike strips only served to get robots stuck and disappoint everyone. Spinners, ramrods, pistons, hell raisers- all stupid. GIMME SAWS THAT SHOOT SPARKS AND GIANT HAMMERS, nothing else please. New screws are also acceptable.
-Anyone else get LATE HIT! flashbacks with Pressure Drop?
-On Battlebots' new website, they list 28 Bots. The "bracket" they keep showing (attached? I think? I don't know how this fancy forum works) shows 24. What happened to Beta, Bull Dog, Chronic, and Splatter? Does anyone know? No spoilers please - were there prelims or something?

Also, I was really, REALLY hoping that box Complete Control was holding was full of glitter. That would have been amazing. Cleanup for DAYS. If you're gonna lose, at least hit them with glitter.

Attachments:

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

BattleBots is BACK

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:14 am

overhaul was the only one imo who deserved a wildcard. chomp didn't look like it did much at all even with the highlight, witch doctor let its chance slip away and got owned and warhead is the most retarded wildcard i have ever seen.

also hey steve.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:23 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>systematic1</dt><dd>Jun 29 2015, 08:02 AM</dd></dl><div>Also, I was really, REALLY hoping that box Complete Control was holding was full of glitter. That would have been amazing. Cleanup for DAYS. If you're gonna lose, at least hit them with glitter.[/quote]I was entertaining the wild notion that there was going to be a small clusterbot inside the box.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:12 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>systematic1</dt><dd>Jun 29 2015, 08:02 AM</dd></dl><div>-On Battlebots' new website, they list 28 Bots. The "bracket" they keep showing (attached? I think? I don't know how this fancy forum works) shows 24. What happened to Beta, Bull Dog, Chronic, and Splatter? Does anyone know? No spoilers please - were there prelims or something?[/quote]They were reserves in case a robot wasn't able to fight. Beta forfeited because a bag of important stuff was lost in transit across the Atlantic, so it was replaced by Counter Revolution.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:04 pm

Yeah, I would've thought the choice for wildcard would be

-Closest JD's (hard to do, though, because it's either unanimous or split, with no points system), and if less than four went to the judges....
-Lasted the longest before getting knocked out.

Or at least had the chance to make awesome TV. That would've benefited Wreckx and Nightmare.

I would've liked to see Nightmare advance, but damn, even without spoilers you could tell from watching the fight that Jim's gotta work on stabilizing that bot when turning. Once you saw that, you knew upending was inevitable.

I'm surprised Christian didn't bring Overkill back and instead went for Overdrive. Seriously, I want to see that blade fuck up Tombstone, or vice versa. Really really want to see that.

Ghost Raptor's going down soon. That blade breaking that quickly.... not lasting.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:52 pm

The screws actually seem pretty powerful

NFX

BattleBots is BACK

Post by NFX » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:12 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jul 5 2015, 08:52 PM</dd></dl><div>The screws actually seem pretty powerful[/quote]Yeah they pulled that tinfoil robot right up into them
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:15 pm

I liked that they let that one bot go through specifically to get torn up by Icewave or whatever its name was, but also like all the fights lasted 20 seconds and that kinda sucked.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:16 pm

Warrior SFK breaking down early was funny though. They should have like one emergency bottle of co2 or something to power the flipper in case their spinner breaks down. That'd require a lot of space and some smart engineering though given the system lol

British-Robotics

BattleBots is BACK

Post by British-Robotics » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:48 am

Icewave and Tombstone is my dream match :)

clutch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by clutch » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:08 pm

And here I was hoping Plan X was going to win it all.

Toxic

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Toxic » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:03 pm

Overall I've really liked the new season of Battlebots. The commentators have slowly grown on me each episode and for the most part fights have been entertaining. Hope it gets a 2nd season&#33;

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

BattleBots is BACK

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:32 pm

battlebots bringin back the old crew i see

lovin it
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Toxic

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Toxic » Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I couldn't find this forum to save my life. I thought it just ceased to exist. I just found it again after it got linked on Reddit and Voat.

Edit: Shit dude, I didn't realize just how long I've had this account. That's amazing.
Last edited by Toxic on Wed Jul 15, 2015 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.