Holy Shitballs!

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Holy Shitballs!

Post by GF93 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:01 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Jun 3 2014, 01:28 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jun 1 2014, 07:23 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey John, do tell us about the new wife? Still in the military, or have you been discharged? All the details.. dish[/quote]Still in the Army, almost 10 years now. New wife is freaking amazing (total hottie+nerd+gamer+roller derby chick+also a paratrooper). Just bought an awesome house and life is good in general. Never imagined I'd be as successful as I have been. So how about you guys? I haven't heard much of anything from most of you.[/quote]Good to hear that it's all being going well&#33; I'm one of the relative newcomers to ARC, myself. Came over here from Gametechmods.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Holy Shitballs!

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Yeah Alex V (AKA GF93) hopped on shortly after you left.

I've been here, built my first actual combat robot last summer and i've come third and first with it so far. I've also been improving my CFL bots by leaps and bounds, but I have yet to win a title (thanks lian :v: )
Last edited by Badnik96 on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Holy Shitballs!

Post by playzooki » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm

im new, started with bad mspaint bots, now with average rhino bots that *just* fail to break even in cfl, have only got one good bot :v:, and i am starting to venture into the world of real life robots, my first proper tournament will hopefully be in october/november.

Good to hear everything is going well for you. :)
Last edited by playzooki on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

succotash_54

Holy Shitballs!

Post by succotash_54 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Jun 3 2014, 01:28 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jun 1 2014, 07:23 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey John, do tell us about the new wife? Still in the military, or have you been discharged? All the details.. dish[/quote]Still in the Army, almost 10 years now. New wife is freaking amazing (total hottie+nerd+gamer+roller derby chick+also a paratrooper). Just bought an awesome house and life is good in general. Never imagined I'd be as successful as I have been. So how about you guys? I haven't heard much of anything from most of you.[/quote]I'm afraid we'll have to see pics of your new(er) wife. Still a sergeant? Still in Deutschland?

Myself, I did a total reboot in August 2011. Back in Nov. '09, I met a girl online who lives in the Vancouver area. So in late summer '11, I moved out to Washington state, first to Everett, now in Mount Vernon, about fifty miles from the border. I had to leave my family, my radio career, my home... total fucking restart. My nearest relative is my brother, who lives in Magna, UT. I'm now in a land where the sun sets at 4:30 in the afternoon in December, and rises way too fucking early in the spring and summer. I haven't been able to break into radio since getting out here, mainly because I don't want to live or work in fucking Seattle.

So now I've completely started over, I'm a rural sub in Bellingham with USPS, and I'm actually really happy there. Still renting rooms in houses, so I haven't made jack shit for progress in that regard since moving out of my parents' place, So that sucks.

And our engagement has stalled. For reasons that are too personal to explain on open forum, the wedding date is still TBD.

So overall, my position in life is pretty fucking depressing, but emotionally this is probably the happiest I've been in my adult life.

BEES

Holy Shitballs!

Post by BEES » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:29 pm

What Chris said, get on Skype. That's where most of the action happens.

Yeah it's crazy but a decent number of new people showed up, and the forum's more consistently active than it's ever been. There is always a tourney running and there are never any gaps where the forum dies now. If you can stick around for a tourney or two, that'd be awesome. Great to have you back John&#33;

Also, check out the wiki. Maybe pimp out your team a bit.

Fish Of Doom

Holy Shitballs!

Post by Fish Of Doom » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 am

Gimme dat Skype info women. You guys gots some splainin' to do.

Or add me "togetherwewillrustthisworld"
Last edited by Fish Of Doom on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

British-Robotics

Holy Shitballs!

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:34 am

As for me I'm also a newcomer who's recently joined 2 months ago I think :). It's nice to see a legend back.

MadBull

Holy Shitballs!

Post by MadBull » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Aug 8 2014, 01:34 AM</dd></dl><div>As for me I'm also a newcomer who's recently joined 2 months ago I think :). It's nice to see a legend back.[/quote]... I've never left...

British-Robotics

Holy Shitballs!

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:15 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Aug 8 2014, 04:01 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Aug 8 2014, 01:34 AM</dd></dl><div>As for me I'm also a newcomer who's recently joined 2 months ago I think :). It's nice to see a legend back.[/quote]... I've never left...[/quote]LOL :)

NFX

Holy Shitballs!

Post by NFX » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 am

Hey Dylan, great to see you knocking around again. :) How're things going at your end?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Holy Shitballs!

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 pm

I shot the Sheriff.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Holy Shitballs!

Post by GF93 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:12 pm

Hey Fish, haven't seen you around for a while.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Holy Shitballs!

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:25 am

Hey it's the other Dylan&#33;

Awesome to see you back again dude, hope you stick around
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Fish Of Doom

Holy Shitballs!

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm like a ghost. But it's always cool to see stuff is still happening here.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Holy Shitballs!

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:36 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Aug 9 2014, 06:27 PM</dd></dl><div>I'm like a ghost. But it's always cool to see stuff is still happening here.[/quote]Ironically most discussions happen in the main Skype chat than on the forums now.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux