Sports?

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Siphai

Sports?

Post by Siphai » Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:34 pm

I was just wondering, since I'm getting ready for a tennis match tommorow, what sports people do/like. I obviously enjoy tennis (especially since I am undefeated so far this season against other schools), as well as soccer and table tennis.

succotash_54

Sports?

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:55 am

Baseball.

GO TIGERS!!!!

I also enjoy a good football game (American football; you European pricks call it Rugby-lite, even though the players are a hell of a lot bigger)

Basketball....eh, I like playing it. Watching it is ok.

Hockey is fun to watch, but I can't ice skate to save my ass.

Siphai

Sports?

Post by Siphai » Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:57 am

They only look bigger from 50lbs worth of padding on them!!!

succotash_54

Sports?

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 am

Uh no, some of these people have muscles in places that rugby players don't even have places.

Fish Of Doom

Sports?

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:00 pm

I'm on the dodgeball squad at my college, but other than that, I absolutely loath sports.

succotash_54

Sports?

Post by succotash_54 » Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:54 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Fish Of Doom</dt><dd>Oct 21 2006&#44; 11:00 PM</dd></dl><div> I'm on the dodgeball squad at my college, but other than that, I absolutely loath sports. [/quote]
And nobody makes you bleed your own blood. NOBODY&#33;&#33;

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Sports?

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:41 pm

Fuckin' Chuck Norris...

I watch NFL pretty avidly. As Chris would say, I'm a "loser Eagles fan", for taking the game pretty seriously and wishing death on teams like the Cowboys. Then again, he knows nothing of the craft.

I also watch MLB for the White Sox, but I don't get a lot of their games on TV.

I'm pretty much down with playing any sport besides Basketball or Hockey... god I suck at those.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

FReAK

Sports?

Post by FReAK » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:25 pm

Mixed Martial Arts and Hockey

Hockey is fairly common and people probably won't be surprised by that, but MMA isn't something you hear every day.

The most commonly known mixed martial arts (MMA) league is the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Basically it's a combination of martial arts (Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Boxing, Kick Boxing, etc.

Me and my friend decided to get into this kind of fighting. He has more martial arts training then I do, as he has trained in Tai Kwon Do, but I am 6 feet tall and still growing. I figured I could get good at this sport, so far it's been pretty good. Most of my matches have been won by submission (choke holds and joint locks) but I have won a few by strikes. I have yet to be knocked out or knock anybody out.

StarlessSoldier

Sports?

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>FReAK</dt><dd>Oct 22 2006&#44; 01:25 AM</dd></dl><div> Mixed Martial Arts and Hockey

Hockey is fairly common and people probably won't be surprised by that, but MMA isn't something you hear every day.

The most commonly known mixed martial arts (MMA) league is the Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC). Basically it's a combination of martial arts (Jiu Jitsu, Judo, Boxing, Kick Boxing, etc.

Me and my friend decided to get into this kind of fighting. He has more martial arts training then I do, as he has trained in Tai Kwon Do, but I am 6 feet tall and still growing. I figured I could get good at this sport, so far it's been pretty good. Most of my matches have been won by submission (choke holds and joint locks) but I have won a few by strikes. I have yet to be knocked out or knock anybody out. [/quote]
That's what I'm talking about. I do MMA too. I used to do Tae Kwon Do but I found that Mui Thai kick boxing makes a better striking game. As for ground tactics, that's where I make my money. I'm big on Aikido (pressure points and joint manipulation) and I study Gracie Jiu Jitsu. The straight arm bar is my specialty :P

Other than that I like football and drifiting (yes it is a sport bitches&#33;)

FReAK

Sports?

Post by FReAK » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:10 am

So far I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and Boxing. I feel those are the best to make me a well rounded fighter.

StarlessSoldier

Sports?

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>FReAK</dt><dd>Oct 22 2006&#44; 01:10 PM</dd></dl><div> So far I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai and Boxing. I feel those are the best to make me a well rounded fighter. [/quote]
Jiu Jitsu is the shit. I know like 50 some ways to own someone from the guard.

FReAK

Sports?

Post by FReAK » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:32 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Oct 22 2006&#44; 03:41 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>FReAK</dt><dd>Oct 22 2006&#44; 01:10 PM</dd></dl><div> So far I have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu,&nbsp; Muay Thai and Boxing.&nbsp; I feel those are the best to make me a well rounded fighter. [/quote]
Jiu Jitsu is the shit. I know like 50 some ways to own someone from the guard. [/quote]
From your guard or theirs? I tend to favor the triangle choke/arm bar, people around here seem to have a tough time defending it.

StarlessSoldier

Sports?

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:48 pm

My guard, and I don't stay in their guard long. I've only used the triangle choke once, but arm bars are my shit.