Fuck YouTube

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Fuck YouTube

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:34 pm

It's been on a steady downward spiral for a long time, but this finally does it.

http://kotaku.com/heres-what-youtube-ha ... 1485168478

welp, I'm heading to Dailymotion now, or whatever other video sites there are. CorporateTube can stick it.

In case you were wondering how bad this is, the original owner of YouTube is disgusted at what it's become, and that was before this fiasco. So that should tell you something. Google doesn't even care what the creator thinks anymore. They took his child and raped it. Smooth.

Oh, and don't worry. I'm re-downloading all my videos first from YouTube before deleting my account. So my LPs will be quite safe.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Fuck YouTube

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:50 am

Well that article gave me a good laugh for the morning. It's all so absurd.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>if you're looking for music you can freely use (and monetize&#33;), check out our Audio Library[/quote]I tell ya, nothing enhances a video game LP like swapping out the awesome soundtrack for YouTube's generic, piece of shit music library.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Many games allow you to turn off background music, while leaving sound effects enabled.[/quote] Maybe those guys that create the sound effects should get on the copyright bandwagon, though obviously no one considers them as important as the music people. All those guys that win Sound Editing Oscars and stuff are noobs. :v:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Also, online rights are often resold to companies like music labels and aggregators. While you might not recognize the owner, this doesn't necessarily mean their claims are invalid. [/quote] It's like fucking debt collection agencies up in here yo&#33; :wat:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>If you're creating videos with content from other people, remember that rights ownership can be complicated and different owners have different policies.[/quote]Hey Kody, you're not going to sue me for using that Playoff group shot in my Ruination Playoff video are you? I'm getting worried now. :D
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Fuck YouTube

Post by playzooki » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:17 am

okay srsly youtube? April fools was months ago.

Although if anyone wants to use my non cover music, they can, but preferably link to my soundcloud.

That Kode Guy

Fuck YouTube

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:01 am

I joined the site early in 2006 (obv under a different username)... it was different, it was... like the best video uploading site ever.

Now the corporate Google goons have had their claws on it and it's morphed into an abhorrence of the greatest degree, cowering to the corrupt music and game industries. And that's another reason for me to scoot. A guy got a copyright claim for HIS OWN GODDAMN ORIGINAL GAME. If I want to advertise any games I'm making, YouTube will hunt my ass down for no reason&#33; This is kinda problematic, since Vimeo and Dailymotion don't accept game videos on their sites. But I'm sure there's a way around that, good ol' HTML5...

playzooki

Fuck YouTube

Post by playzooki » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:29 pm

hey kody ill host some of your videos ;)

That Kode Guy

Fuck YouTube

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Thanks, but I'm sure I can manage with my own site... :P

playzooki

Fuck YouTube

Post by playzooki » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Ok, but anyway, i found a website called wenoo. Try that?

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Fuck YouTube

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:11 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 17 2013, 11:34 PM</dd></dl><div>welp, I'm heading to Dailymotion now, or whatever other video sites there are. CorporateTube can stick it.[/quote]Your videos are not going to get any publicity outside of ARC then. Even if they do, it wouldn't be as large of a following as it would be on YT.

That Kode Guy

Fuck YouTube

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:17 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 18 2013, 03:11 PM</dd></dl><div>Your videos are not going to get any publicity outside of ARC then.[/quote]...you... you seriously think I actually wanted publicity?

That is something I've never wanted less of.

NWOWWE

Fuck YouTube

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:18 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 18 2013, 03:11 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 17 2013, 11:34 PM</dd></dl><div>welp, I'm heading to Dailymotion now, or whatever other video sites there are. CorporateTube can stick it.[/quote]Your videos are not going to get any publicity outside of ARC then. Even if they do, it wouldn't be as large of a following as it would be on YT.[/quote]Well it's all a moot point if copyright smacks you down anyway isn't it?

And lmao publicity. I suppose doing things for fun is too much of a foreign concept? Hell Chris and I did The Series Must Go On (and the other video shows/movies) pretty much just for this website mostly cause it was fun.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Fuck YouTube

Post by V900 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:19 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Dec 18 2013, 03:18 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 18 2013, 03:11 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 17 2013, 11:34 PM</dd></dl><div>welp, I'm heading to Dailymotion now, or whatever other video sites there are. CorporateTube can stick it.[/quote]Your videos are not going to get any publicity outside of ARC then. Even if they do, it wouldn't be as large of a following as it would be on YT.[/quote]Well it's all a moot point if copyright smacks you down anyway isn't it?[/quote]It's a pretty moot point too when he doesn't want his videos to get anyone apart from a few select people to watch it anyway.

NWOWWE

Fuck YouTube

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:24 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Dec 18 2013, 04:19 PM</dd></dl><div>It's a pretty moot point too when he doesn't want his videos to get anyone apart from a few select people to watch it anyway. [/quote]I think that's a bit of an oversimplification. You don't need to set out to be the next YouTube mega hit or anything to justify uploading an LP. As he said, YouTube was the most convenient source to upload with. If Kody REALLY didn't want anyone else to watch them he could have just set them as Private or whatever.

That Kode Guy

Fuck YouTube

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:27 pm

And what if *gasp* YouTube has become such a cancer I just don't want to be part of it anymore? Just because I'm not currently affected by the bullshit doesn't mean I have to tolerate it.

playzooki

Fuck YouTube

Post by playzooki » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:13 pm

well yeah id suggest making your own website. and anyway these bots could be bypassed by putting noises over music.

NWOWWE

Fuck YouTube

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:15 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Dec 19 2013, 12:13 PM</dd></dl><div>and anyway these bots could be bypassed by putting noises over music.[/quote]Isn't that just the same as using YouTube's music library? :P