How would CFL bots stack up to real bots today?

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:31 am

Just as thought that popped into my head, what if ARC/FRR and others where real robots? And how well would they do against their real life weight class mates?

Discuss here (Just thought I could create a thread in this section that could put more activity here)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:39 am

Strangely enough (and you know this, being on FRA yourself) I have something going up on the FRA Forums called Fanfic Wars while I've mixed the British vapourbots up with Robot Wars veterans, and it's fun to see how they'd stack up to each other. :)

It would be VERY interesting to see how ARC bots like Striker, Revolver Ocelot, and Adrenaline would do against tough Battlebots shit like Biohazard and Vlad the Impaler (or more recently, Brutality, Last Rites, and Sewer Snake, lol).
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:43 am

Blood Thirsty I think would be able to take Biohazard no problem XD

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:47 am

It depends. From a design point of view, Dylan would have to figure out where Biohazard's center of gravity is. Then he would have to get Biohazard from the side. It's incredibly hard to do that. Carlo is a good driver and I doubt he would give Dylan such a chance, so I doubt Biohazard would get turned over.

That's only if Dylan wants to flip Biohazard. I do see Blood Thirsty winning on a judges decision if he uses the jaws as a clamp. He could just hold Biohazard over shit.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:29 pm

WhipCoil vs Complete Control would be a fun match :D
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

prince palatine

Post by prince palatine » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:38 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Jan 13 2013&#44; 12:29 PM</dd></dl><div> WhipCoil vs Complete Control would be a fun match :D [/quote]
It would depend really, on who gets under first.

BEES

Post by BEES » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:18 pm

I fully intend to build Parasite some day. Last Rites is a very high ranking invertible, horizontal, heavyweight spinner, so that would be a good real life example of how something comparable might perform.

Modern wedge bots are better designed to cope with spinners than they were in battlebots. SJ, for instance, has titanium wedges on all sides, and I think the front one might be hardox--but in addition it has chamfered edges on its front wedge so that spinning discs can't catch the corners and rip it off. They just go right over.

Generally any type of robot, if it's efficiently built, can reinforce 1 side to be resistant to everything for at least a few hits. On the flip side, modern spinners will not just lose power after a couple hits like they used to. It is very difficult to shut their weapons down even in the smaller arenas. Batteries and motors have both gotten better over time and as a result every heavyweight spinner currently is more powerful than Son of Whyachi was in season 3.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:59 pm

Found this, and I think this could be quite a fun idea to follow up on. I could definitely imagine some of the machines here doing quite well. Like Spatch mentioned, I hope to build some of the robots I've designed on here as well, but it's just a matter of attaining the necessary money and engineering knowledge to do so.

If I could choose a Heavyweight at that point, I'd probably want to build Master of Puppets, Waterloo Sunset, Discord, or Dreadnought Mark 2.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:55 am

none of my hws would be a viable choice to build as a hw. :v:

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Post by GF93 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Feb 10 2014, 02:55 AM</dd></dl><div>none of my hws would be a viable choice to build as a hw. :v:[/quote]Well, you never know. March or Die for instance, that could definitely be quite a solid contender in the Middleweight category.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:33 am

In real life, i think mod would be ok. As a fw, mr nvn wouldnt be too bad either, as thwackbots are much better irl.

Badnik96
Team: Team Ignition

Post by Badnik96 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>playzooki</dt><dd>Feb 10 2014, 02:55 AM</dd></dl><div>none of my hws would be a viable choice to build as a hw. :v:[/quote]With a few adjustments (namely protecting the corners), I could see Mr. Death 2 a viable heavyweight.

Malevolence III would own face in HW i think. Aside from Sewer Snake :P
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

playzooki

Post by playzooki » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:51 am

Not really. With the way HW arenas are set up over here, hinged wedges suck.