Hey Guys.

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Ben Purse

Hey Guys.

Post by Ben Purse » Sat May 28, 2011 10:11 pm

I am Ben Purse. I am 12 years old and come from Australia. I play alot of Robot Arena 2 and even have 2 series based of it. I want to know how to make 3D Cads. I have Google Sketchup 8. I mainly do my bots in Robot Arena 2 though and I would like to learn Cads.

Fish Of Doom

Hey Guys.

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sun May 29, 2011 12:43 am

3D modeling is really really really complicated. I haven't used Rhino, so I can't tell you if it's any easier, but Maya and Lightwave are ridiculously complex (and expensive). Google Sketchup is a great place to start as it helps you learn the basics, while making it hard to make mistakes. It's good for hard-surface stuff like robots, but terrible for organic models like people.

The best way to learn 3D is to watch tutorials. There are lots of good free tutorials on youtube. Download a trial of Rhino and follow some tutorials and he how far that gets you.

i think i got my cat preg

Hey Guys.

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Tue May 31, 2011 4:55 am

when i dicked around with cad i used ''anim8or'', then doing like half of the flower pot tutorial and a wheel i had the gist well enough to make some simple bots. it's not hard it just takes a long time and patience

edit the tiny pics of gudfer and fbomb in my sig were done in anim8or, heres one of 'em. nothin fancy but it does it free and it aint too hard. http://oi52.tinypic.com/25ahrg4.jpg

Badnik96

Hey Guys.

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 pm

why didn't I see this before

Sup dude, hope you enjoy your time here
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ