Future of Fantasy Robot Combat

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
Sparkey989

Post by Sparkey989 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

How long do you think people will still be doing this stuff?

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:57 am

As long as they want, really.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

joeychevron

Post by joeychevron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:36 am

Pretty much what Kody said - as long as there's people willing to do it, it'll continue. It provides a good starting point for getting involved with the real thing as well (I don't know about ARC, although presumably John got started doing fanfic before building his real bots, but from FRA quite a few people - Andy, Dave Weston, Marti, Aaron Knight, hopefully Kody soon, myself, and a few others - have gone on to compete with antweights and featherweights and have quite a bit of success)

StarlessSoldier

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:57 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Dec 16 2010&#44; 10:36 AM</dd></dl><div> Pretty much what Kody said - as long as there's people willing to do it, it'll continue. It provides a good starting point for getting involved with the real thing as well (I don't know about ARC, although presumably John got started doing fanfic before building his real bots, but from FRA quite a few people - Andy, Dave Weston, Marti, Aaron Knight, hopefully Kody soon, myself, and a few others - have gone on to compete with antweights and featherweights and have quite a bit of success) [/quote]
I can't really do shit for competing with real bots while I'm in europe so it passes the time as it is. Plus it's an outlet for my creativity considering most of my fantasy bots would cost upwards of 10-20 grand to build. It's still fun to me so I don't see a reason to stop as long as there are like-minded individuals.

Meganew

Post by Meganew » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:11 am

Personally, I just do it because I was banned from FRA, but it allows me to express my designs that people could only get if there were pictures, plus it's a lot simpler.