‽ Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
Cha0sFerret

‽ Robotics

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Madman is looking good! I'm looking forward to seeing it in a tournament eventually.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Thanks for the spike suggestion, btw NFX

new robot time!

Soul Drum (SHW)
I dont know if I like that name but I cant think of a better one right now...

It's a drum-in-wedge sort of design, annoying for Horizontal spinners thanks to angled sides and the semi-triangular shape. 3WD; the rear wheel is an omni-wheel to aid with turning, the front wheels are located approximately where I put the x's. on the rear is where it gets a bit weird. I realized I'd need a srimech on this bot to make it effective, but I'd rather put those points towards something useful in attacking. hence, the slow lifter. even if it doesnt flip the bot over on its own (which it should), it'll at least push the drum into the ground, which should flip the bot back to the right orientation. as wedges go: if it's blue and not the drum, it's hinged. the front wedge is removable if I want to do that. I dunno why, yet, but I might

Proposed Stats:

Speed: 6
Torque: 2
Traction: 4
Weapon: 11 (2 to lifter)
Armor: 7
Last edited by Venice Queen on Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:48 am

so Morthwyl's a MW now. still on Mecanum and all that jazz, but hopefully the design proves more competitive. than the design I never actually used :v if it's a wedge, it's hinged. not sure if I'll use this for a while, still trying to figure out how to work the stat system for a hammer
Alternate hammer (more effective on shorter bots, gives me piercing damage)

Weapon: 12
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Armor: 7
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Hey look, a design that I will for sure use. potentially in FRR, definitely in the next 2 tournaments. also it's just a redesign of Heidrun because I no longer have the original :v:

Heidrun (MW):

Optional anti-monster trucking spikes (sacrifice invertability for some wheel protection)

360 degree lifter, 2WD, flat wedge, hinged side wedges. he can clamp, he can lift, he can dance around looking all silly. completely invertable, unless I choose to add the spikes. the weapon is just under 1/3 of the robot, so it does get an armor bonus :P

Tenative stats:
Speed:8
Torque:2
Traction:6
Weapon:5
Armor: 9
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

‽ Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Hey look, it's CUAD the Crusher! ;)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 14 2015, 08:40 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey look, it's CUAD the Crusher&#33; ;)[/quote]and here I was thinking it looked too much like MoD :v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>Oct 14 2015, 11:08 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Oct 14 2015, 08:40 PM</dd></dl><div>Hey look, it's CUAD the Crusher&#33; ;)[/quote]and here I was thinking it looked too much like MoD :v:[/quote]If anything, I'd it was more similar to my aXon design (which, incidentally, was based on the chassis shape of March Or Die) only with more versatile weaponry. It should be a pretty solid entry into a tournament, I'd perhaps balance the drivetrain stats out a little more myself, but yeah. It's a pretty straightforward concept, and it should work.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

playzooki

‽ Robotics

Post by playzooki » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:42 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Oct 15 2015, 10:07 AM</dd></dl><div>(which, incidentally, was based on the chassis shape of March Or Die)[/quote]This is how you make bad robots :v:

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:45 pm

Shameless Warrior SKF clone. name undecided, will probably use in whatever comes after FRR (lightweight)

Figured out its name:

Slightly Pissed off Hornet That is Currently Debating Whether or not you are Worth the Time and Effort it Would Take to Sting you (Hornet, for short)

invertible and can self-right. 2WD, weight assorted so that the tip of the flipper scrapes the ground at all times. ring acts as an active defense, with blunt teeth mainly meant to hit opponents away. can also be used to damage low-armor spinners (similar idea to that robot Cha0s Ferret just made). due to the style of flipper, it will not stay up after firing, but immediately return to the down position. angled bits on the front are hinged

Possible stats (subject to change depending on opponents)
Speed: 7
Torque: 2
Traction: 6
Weapon: 7 (ring gains the weapon armor bonus, flipper does not)
Armor: 8
Last edited by Venice Queen on Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

‽ Robotics

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:27 pm

I think you've executed the idea better than I did. Well done&#33; I like the color scheme too.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:19 pm

I made an Axebot. I'm feeling like it's a HW, but unsure of that or the name. I'll probably use it in whatever comes after FRR, but I'm still not comfortable with my stats, so it will be opponent dependent

Hinged front plow to negate spinner attacks and get under opponents, hinged side skirts and exposed back wheels. 4WD, chassis inspired by Tellu.

Torque:1
Traction: 5
Weapon: 11
Armor: 7 (+1 to plow)
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

‽ Robotics

Post by GF93 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:31 pm

I like it, reminds me a lot of a cross between Tornado and Killerhurtz with the axe and front scoop.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

‽ Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:58 pm

I think the axe shaft is too thin and wide for my liking, which is what I was trying to avoid with Tellu. I still don't know if that'd make it less effective but it looks somewhat unappealing.

Otherwise it's quite nice, I like it.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

‽ Robotics

Post by NFX » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:58 pm

Given the force that will be going through the axe shaft, I'm inclined to agree with Kody. It defeinitely looks too wide and shallow for my liking. It does look like it has quite a long wheelbase to me as well, which might compromise its turning and leave it susceptible to being flanked. The rest of the machine looks quite decent, though. Low center of gravity, front plow is well designed, as is the back wheels sticking out, that'll be useful if you're gotten underneath. The side skirts actually look quite substantial as well, which you don't often see.

All in all, there's a little room for improvement, but certainly enough plus points to balance them out. Good work, keep it up. =)
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

Venice Queen

‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:39 pm

thanks for the feedback, I'll definitely fix the axe shaft before I enter it in anything : :proud:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122